All member reviews for Cars 2

Cars sequel revs up action and mixes in spy thrills.

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bymarceladns August 15, 2011

Boring and long

Actually my kids weren't scared but BORED! My 4 & 6 years old are HUGE movie fans, they watch all kind of movies including silent and documentaries. They don't get scared easily and get jokes most of the times. The problem with this movie is that it has no substance, characters are flat and uninteresting. The animation was well done but won't hold the kids interest for long. My other issue is why on earth are kids movies so long??? really? 2 hours it's a lot for a 4 years old, and my kids sit through PBS documentaries if they are interesting enough (Andes, The Devil's Back). I didn't find this movie any more violent than How to train your dragon but at least HTTYD had a catchy story. Cars 2 is just another commercial effort to sell toys.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynovember27 August 12, 2011

okay

My brother (age 5) didn't like the movie just the character Francessco. He was really scared throught the spy scences. He had loved Cars but I could tell he was not too keen on Cars 2.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2011

No Where Near as Good as The First, Not For Very Small Children

Cars 2 is a good movie if you're bored out of your mind with nothing else to do, but not particularily moving or entertaining and no where nears as creative or well thought out as the first. Little kids could be easily scared by the amount of violence in the KIDS, G RATED movie. This movie should be PG. Do not take kids under age six to see this movie. Oil is served like cocktails, cars drink "beer", cars are killed, oh my... just stupid and I coulnd't even figure out the story!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byUniey76 July 20, 2011

Not for Little ones, but OK otherwise.

Ok, let me start by saying that this movie should NOT have earned a G rating! It is not a movie for all ages. It portrays alot of voilence and older themes. My 6yo kept asking what alternative fuel was and why the cars where blowing up? Also why the old/rusty cars were so mad that they would do bad things. This being said, there are lessons about accepting your friends for who they are and that sometimes you need to sacrifice something you want to do the right thing. I think that the movie was not bad per say, just inappropriate for its marketed audience. If you have a 7/8 year old who liked the original Cars movie when they were younger, I think it would be ok. But I wouldnt take a younger child since the innocence of the first movie is Definetly not here.
Parent Written byJMama99 July 7, 2011

Hold off till 6+

Very disappointing sequel - not sure what Pixar was thinking here. Terrible storyline for small kids, involving lots of cars shooting each other and a car death or two. My 4 1/2 year old spent a lot of time covering his eyes from the anticipation of violence.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 10 year old Written byR5 July 2, 2011

Trying to Kill McQueen Off Killed the Movie for Me...

Disney went after kids and dads big with huge marketing tie-ins (cha ching!) and a nod to spy films (confusing for young kids!). Parents should know that many characters call out that it is time to "kill" McQueen. Disney went for broke with the language and violence when they could have used many creative alternatives like "send him to the junkyard". They should have spent more time on the story instead of licensing deals.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2011

CALM DOWN ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF VIOLENCE!!!

Ummm, Cars2moviereview lady, you need to calm down. This just shows how overprotective you are. I understand that, yes, there is violence and maybe it is to much for your kid. But soon you are going to need to lighten up. Ever heard of Call of Duty? In about 5 years, maybe less, your kid will want that. It's about growing up. You said that this movie was not for kids. Do you realize that this website considers a kid up to 18 years old? If you're worried about that small amount of violence, brace yourself for the next 10 years of your life.
Parent Written bytckmsd June 29, 2011

Not for little kids!

I'm very disappointed that Disney has been marketing all the Cars toys to kids age 1-5 and now the new Cars 2 movie we've been waiting for is too violent and the spy plot is not something kids this age understand at all. That said, I think I personally would have enjoyed the movie (as an adult) if I hadn't been worrying about my kids (3 and 7) the whole time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDustBuster1998 June 28, 2011

I think this wasnt PIXARs fault!

I think this movie wasn't a "true" creation of PIXAR, I read the reviews on here and I see everyone hating this movie and calling it the "The first terrible PIXAR movie." Yes it is more violent and the story is confusing(in my opinion), But this probably isn't PIXARS fault. My theory is that Disney maybe rushed PIXAR into making this movie, since the recent gross revenue of "Toy Story 3" was over $1 billion and became one of the most successful kids movies of the decade. Which possibly means Disney wants PIXAR to make sequels of their successful movies, because they think that will make them more money, so what ruined PIXAR you ask? It was probably money.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2011

Cars 2 review

HAAHAHA! Great for kids any age. Take my word for it! This movie is so funny! It is a suggestion and recommendation!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypbmummy June 28, 2011

Mini-Bond movie - NOT a movie for any child under 8

Very disappointed! THIS MOVIE IS TOO VIOLENT. This is not a movie for any child under 8. In addition, all of the parents who brought their little ones (under 6) were basically trying to control them in the movie as the movie did not grab their attention. Too many jokes aimed for the parents and teenagers. In addition, the plot was no better than an Austin Powers movie exception with great animation.
Educator and Parent Written bybmommy7 June 27, 2011

This film is NOT for children!

We also were so disappointed, shocked and appalled we walked out of the theater. I won't repeat the general points from the other reviews, as they say it all, but I will say that I was proud of walking out of the theater. I felt it taught my daughter to stand up for her values. This is not a movie for children, should not be G rated, and it affirms my lack of trust for Pixar.
Adult Written byTecFan09 June 24, 2011

Cute, Funny and Colorful. My family and I loved it.

Ok I don't care what critics say. I was expecting for this to be terrible based on what they said. But it was very much the opposite. A great follow up to the original. I love how they manage to transform everything into a cars world version of both types of people and famous world land-marks. And the art and detailed sets are absolutely breath-taking. The story was cute and how can you not love Mator? I really felt for him when he realized how much of a "fool" he was. A great summer family flick! Admittedly not Pixars BEST work ever, but def. a great addition to the collection!
Adult Written bymoviecrtic18 February 4, 2012

An iffy spy action movie that has violence for a G rated movie,it should be PG for explosions and intense spy action,it shows guns and missles, some cars die off-screen with an explosion and get killed by a spy, A good exciting cool car action movie with gadgets and guns, exciting chases,spy action and Big explosions,better than the original,I bet they are going to make a third cars movie.

Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written bysrt12780 December 6, 2011

Oil industry programming

I didn't like the liberal programming for kids about the oil industry. It was too much, too overwhelming and too overt as you guys point out. The cartoon is just supposed to be good clean fun, but instead it's a movie on a brain washing mission.
Kid, 4 years old November 8, 2011

too much violence and torture

My hubby and I were a little surprised at the gun violence in this movie. The scenes of torture and near death were scary for our son. We went to see this in 3D, and after paying over $40 for our family to see this movie, our son asked to leave because he was scared. For having a "G" rating, it was awfully violent!!
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2011

First of All, Cars should NOT have had a sequel.

My title says it all. Cars was one of the best Pixar movies ever made, and the sequel more then destroyed it. And for the whole "spies" theme is fairly desperate, I mean, what is this, Spy Kids 20 billion? I don't think that it was TOO terribly violent, but it was more violent then needed. My dad and I were talking about it after walking to the car, (in a VERY disappointed matter by the way,) this was his quote. "You know, it wasn't too bad for preteens or adults that have seen the first Cars, but the plot is SO BLURRY! There is no straight forward plot that anyone can even really forward. And for a five year old, all they're going to think is 'Wow! They're shooting guns! And look, and explosion! Whoa, this is so cool! Explosions!' They won't even know what's going on!" So over all, this is a terrible movie, which could have been saved for an "The Incredibles 2" Right? Just don't see the movie. Just don't do it, man.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byGamecrafter August 11, 2011

A bit too edgy for the kindergarten crowd

Great fun for action oriented 8+ year olds that are okay with peril and danger, and even death of a character. In my opinion a long way from tender Radiator Springs warmth of the first movie. Not as funny either - emulates a James Bond flick, on purpose.
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, 8, 8, and 9 year old Written byTabithaWren July 30, 2011

Not violent at all. No bad language!

There is absolutely nothing violent about this movie whatsoever. My three year old loves it. I think it's a wonderful movie.
Parent Written byStlmom723 July 29, 2011

Great movie!

My daughter (6) and son (7) LOVED this movie! We have seen it three times in the theater. They have been playing Cars 2 at home for weeks now. Great movie!