Cars sequel revs up action and mixes in spy thrills.

Parent Written bystasiac July 21, 2011

Prepare before turning on your engines.

I felt the G rating was inappropriate given the amount of gun fighting and explosions. The spy theme was way over their heads too.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

crappy

Parent of a 6 year old Written byUniey76 July 20, 2011

Not for Little ones, but OK otherwise.

Ok, let me start by saying that this movie should NOT have earned a G rating! It is not a movie for all ages. It portrays alot of voilence and older themes. My 6yo kept asking what alternative fuel was and why the cars where blowing up? Also why the old/rusty cars were so mad that they would do bad things. This being said, there are lessons about accepting your friends for who they are and that sometimes you need to sacrifice something you want to do the right thing. I think that the movie was not bad per say, just inappropriate for its marketed audience. If you have a 7/8 year old who liked the original Cars movie when they were younger, I think it would be ok. But I wouldnt take a younger child since the innocence of the first movie is Definetly not here.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoey325 July 18, 2011

for love ones

its good for your love bugs and for u if u like it tex and tell the world ...
Teen, 13 years old Written byjuicylove07 July 17, 2011

Confusing Plot

For littler kids, 7 and under, who love Disney movies this one may be hard to follow. It has an extremely confusing plot and was a bit disapointing.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bysallmond July 17, 2011

Bummer....

My 3.5 year old LOVES all the Pixar movies... and we assumed this would be no different. Now, I'm not one to jump to conclusions. When i heard others say it was too spy-movie driven, honestly, i didn't put much credence behind it. Surely they were being over-protective umm, wrong. My son was sooo not interested... the plot was over his head, too much fighting, gun play (a little bit would have been fine), and general anger. He fidgeted the whole time until finally he said he wanted to go. I decided not to fight him on it and we left. On the way out, (from the mouth's of babes...) he said he "totally didn't like that movie..." Sorry, Pixar, even you are not immune from the sequel slump. This one was a bust.
Parent Written bymamalovesnate July 16, 2011

Ugh. Cars 2 is too much.

I was tremendously disappointed with this version of Cars. The first Cars movie was a refreshing change from other Disney films: no peril, no villain, just a good story about friendship, having a good character, and keeping your word. This second Cars was too much - too much peril, too much violence, too much torture, too much plot, just too much of everything I didn't want to expose my 3yr old to. Sooooo very disappointing!
Parent Written byGoFish2 July 15, 2011

Common Sense Media should be ashamed of its review

Common Sense Media's apologist review understates the appalling level of violence in this movie. This is an extremely violent movie that begins with gun violence and murder (one car crushed into a cube), moves on to outright torture and murder again, and is characterized from start to finish with a banal plot premised solely on a violent struggle for economic domination through terror. Cars 2 deserves much more than the three-bomb rating for violence that CSM gives it, especially in light of the target audience being young kids. I've looked to CSM to give candid advice about the content of movies before I take my kids to the movies. Its objectivity seems to have been compromised in its review of Cars 2. CSM should demonstrate real independence from the film industry by re-visiting its shamefully low yellow for 6-year-olds rating and by putting out real information regarding the extraordinary violence in this "G" movie. Instead of struggling to come up with non-existent redeeming messages, CSM should explain how utter a betrayal this movie is of the trust and hope of the first Cars movie. This is not a "revved up" version of the first movie, with "spy thrills" and "gallons of fun". Please. They put GATLING GUNS on Mater! How sad; how sad.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byjenlcooper July 14, 2011

Enjoyable sequel for slightly older kids

We took my 9 year old son to see it, and everyone enjoyed the movie thoroughly. Very entertaining for him and us. But I am glad that I didn't bring along his 6 year old sister.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2011

for kids great

its good?!
Parent of a 4, 6, and 7 year old Written byajsl33 July 13, 2011

Not at all what I expected; disappointing

I took my boys (7,6,4) and was very disappointed. The "James Bond" idea was cute but not for a G rated movie. The whole movie was shooting and talking about 'killing' each car. Wasn't a fan. There was a positive message with Mater/McQueen about accepting Mater as who he is but I felt like it was completely overshadowed with all the violence. All 3 of my kids remarked about 'all the shooting'.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byrebc July 12, 2011

Should have listened to the other reviews!

We loved the first Cars movie. It was easy to let our boys watch it over and over, great messaging, no violence, little language...but this new Cars movie?...boy, way too violent and we're very liberal minded parents. My son wanted to leave after 20 minutes because the movie was too scary. I really do wish I had listened to the other reviews and skipped this movie, but I didn't believe it could be as bad as they said with the first one being so good!!
Educator and Parent Written bysnowbdr88 July 12, 2011

Too violent for small children.

As an educator and a parent of a child who LOVES Cars, I took my son to see this the day it came out as he was extremely excited to see Cars 2. I was quite disappointed. The movie was surprisingly violent with a Mustang being tortured and blown up as well as a multitude of cars carrying/using weapons of all sorts.
Parent Written byoldschoolparent July 12, 2011

Good message, but too violent.

I think this movie is way too violent. I wish I would have found this website before going to the movie. I mean what the heck is up with the rating systems today. "G" is not the same as it was 10 years ago. We are desensitizing our innocent children and wondering why our society is experiencing more problems with drugs, etc. This movie has good points and a good overall message about being yourself and selflessness, but the violence is so much and in every scene nearly. I would not let my kids see it again for many years. Shame on me for not being a more thorough parent.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2011

Dissapointmently violent

My 5 year old brother went to see it because he loved the first one because, he l.oves cars and stuff. But, this was way too violent for him and most of the movie was about spy work and intense stuff not about cars it was very dissapointing for him
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 10, 2011

First Pixar film to REALLY dissapoint

Unlike alot of people I wasn't too big of a fan of "Ratatouille" or "WALL-E," and regarded "Cars" as not only one of my favorite Pixar flicks but animated films in general. I loved the story of a hot-shot getting humbled in a small town, where the film focused on the characters and had a great plot. This film was garbled and bogged down with all the spy nonsense; and, I'm not hating on Larry the Cable Guy, but Mater was a great supporting character in the original film, but as the star in this one he didn't get many laughs from me or the rest of the audience. If Pixar wants to be making sequels, I'll gladly see "Incredibles 2" over this visually fantastic but let-down of a movie.
Parent Written byblake of gremlinvil July 10, 2011

cars 2 review

its a thriller with guns ninjas warlocks trolls and cyborgs that fight cthulu witch rapes 4 of the main characters and they show a movie about cars on the corner that was on the trailers
Parent Written by2004VA July 9, 2011

Not for small children

My kids loved Cars -- the original. We took them to Cars 2 and couldnt believe how violent it was. Guns, torture, killing. ABSOLUTELY should NOT be rated G. I wish I had read reviews before taking them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 9, 2011

What happened to the old review?

Ok, I know somebody changed the review, it used to be on for ages 6 and up now it's iffy for ages 6 and up, only got 3 stars? Come on Pixar always has the best films! What is wrong with you common sense! All you do is lie, not review! Yes, there is some violence but It's a kids movie, duh. The 1st cars got 4 stars so this one should be the same, except this one is a little more violent than the 1st one. I looked at this review on June 24th, 2011 which was the day this movie came to theaters and it was a much better review, On for ages 6 and up and it got 4 stars, Common sense is the worst website on the internet! No more lies Common sense OK! This was a great film actually. My family likes it.
Parent Written bycommonmom01 July 8, 2011

Way too Violent for Children!

I was incredibly shocked at the amount of shooting violence in the movie. It was an animation of a secret agent spy adult film about an alternative fuel called allenol fuel that most 2-6 year olds would not understand. I did not appreciate their use of GUNS and WEAPONS and KARATE to handle situations. There was even a scene in the movie where a boat was blown up by the secret agent! I did like, however, how Mater was the hero in the movie this time and he did not want to get rid of his dents in the end because they were his memories. It was a nice way to show how we should accept our imperfections!