All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

action

Great movie lots of action
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Mature teens, I saw it with dad and am mature 11 yr. old!

I am a die-hard Bond Fan along with my dad, and we LOVED this movie! This is my favorite Bond so far, even better then Quantam. There are violent, disturbing scenes as with all Bond movies, and a very riveting scene. Action-packed and exciting this is a very good movie for mature bond-fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe BatFan August 12, 2010

See this before QOS

This is an awseome James Bond.It has cool stunts and class chase through Madagascar. Before you see Quantum Of Solace see this so you'l actually understand what's going on.
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

11+

This is my favourite Bond movie. It's violent and contains a scene of torture. Bond goes to bed with a woman and they're naked (you can't see anything apart from bare arms and legs). The word "b-----d" is used and so is the word "ass".
Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 February 17, 2011

Best to wait till they're 13 to watch this one

Although the Bond movies aren't my thing, I proof-watched it to see if my son could watch it. One of the concerns that I had with this movie was the language. "Bast*rd" was used twice, "B*tch" was used at least once, "Christ" and "Hell" were also used.My other concern was with the sexual behaviors. In more then several occasions there are love scenes, no nudity is shown however you know the characters are naked because you see bare legs and backs. A women is seen kissing a mans bare chest. There was also a conversation that took place between Bond and his female co-star that concerned me. It went something like this "Even if you were just a mouth and a pinky finger, you'd be more of a man then any man I've ever known" said by female. Bond responds with "thats cause you know what I could do with my pinky finger" She replies "No actually I don't" He said "But I bet your dying to find out". There is also alot of violence in this movie, one scene contained Bond stripped of all his clothes and sitting in a chair being hit by another man with a rope that had a ball on the end of it. He would hit him in his lower regions and talk about hiting him in the place that defines him as a man. Alot of people getting shot and alot of fight scenes. If any of these are a concerned to parents, I recommend they make the child wait until they are at least 13 to watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylbrilowell April 9, 2008

Best Bond Yet

The new Bond is great! There's more action in Casino Royale than the other Bond movies and the plot is really great too. I can't wait until this movie is out on DVD. It's a must see movie deffinately!
Teen, 14 years old Written byethanct86 October 12, 2015

One of my favorites, though dark. The best Bond film ever made.

I know. This is a James Bond movie; many people around here are not allowed to see them, but surprisingly, Martin Campbell does one heck of a rare thrilling job. A ton better than Skyfall, it moves the James Bond genre to something like a Superhero movies while still keeping physics in mind. As its first of its genre, James Bond is a "lady's man" or more properly "ladies' man", hence the sexual content. Women wear low cuts and tight cleavages. There is a scene where a woman, fully-clothed, lays on top of a shirtless man. They kiss and roll around. It is implied they spend the night together. The same woman is found murdered, nude, on a hammock; nothing is seen. A mans privates gets whipped but nothing is seen. This scene, not sexual, was created as a torture and may create uneasiness for many viewers as the pain exibited is intense. A man and a woman lie on a bed together, it is implied they have sexual intercourse but the scene is only for a minute or 2. No full nudity is shown, only rear nudity. As a secret agent with a licence to kill, many people are shot and killed, but the violence is just like any other superhero movie: different ways of killing, but very little blood . A man is whipped on his privates, very intense. A man threatens to cut off a womans arm; it is meant to frighten a character, but still intense. About 10 h---, a few british "bloody"s and "bugger"s about a dozen times, a few a--, d---, b---- and pr---. There is a good amount of drinking, but none to exess. The main plot of the film is revolved around a high-stakes poker game. This scene is about 30+ min, very intense, meant for mature viewers.
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies April 14, 2011
while kids may think its too long, content wise, there is nothing in here that a 12 yr old hasnt already seen. also, there is NO NUDITY as told in the rating description.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byboyzmom January 10, 2009

Too much!

When did torture become acceptable entertainment for young teens? I was shocked by the torture scene when Bond's testicles were repeated beat with a knotted rope- especially since so many of my peers had seen this movie and thought it okay for their middle school kids. I didn't think I was a prude parent, but I would just assume my kids didn't see such human cruelty till they were a bit older.
Parent Written byspacejockeys April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMasterMaxx November 25, 2010

13 and Older!?! HA!

This is NOT for 13 year olds. It is intense, complicated, and scary for kids of that age.
Adult Written bypaxicotrader September 24, 2010
Bond has always been a terrible and unrealistic role model for men. He's vain, materialistic, violent and treats women as objects. A man bent for perdition if there ever was one. I didn't think it was possible but now Daniel Craig has pushed this negative image to the max by injecting cold-hearted cruelty and a lust for vengeance into the martini mix. Bad man. Bad movie. Forget about teens; adults don't even need to see it.
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 27, 2009

Greatest Bond Movie Ever

Daniel Craig is probably the greatest bond ever after seeing this movie. It is bond reborn. It's a great movie about love and action. I saw this the night it came out in theaters. It's better on a big screen to get the feel of all the action. I recommend this for anyone above 9. It's quite possibly the greatest bond movie ever.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxboy15 February 14, 2009

This movie has a lot of action and a good story better than quantum of solace

This movie has a lot of action and a smart 007 agent who gets the job done The car stunt was crazy but the movie has a better story than quantum of solace
Teen, 14 years old Written byredring120 February 12, 2009

Bond's Back at his Best, but Think before taking the Kids

Since Ian Fleming created Bond, he has gone through many incarnations. Sean Connery had perfected Bond in his first movies, being able to switch between ruthless and a charmer. Roger Moore was a very good Bond but wasn't able to stand to the juggernaut of Connery. Pierce Bronsman had the same problem. But today, I have to say, this new Bond is easily better then the past ones and can stand up with Connery. He is ruthless, charming, and even a bit humorous. The movie starts off in one of the most memorable opening sequence of any Bond film. Shot in black and white, it shows Bond becoming a 007. While the stories plot can be a little difficult to follow as a whole, it is an enjoyable experience. It is the best Bond I've seen since Goldfinger. As for age, not only do I think that this should not be seen by children because of the content, but I also think that the younger one's should see the older Bond movies first. If they are interested, of course. There are scenes of great emotional destress and even torture. This is not a children's movie. But for the people who have seen other action movies like, say, "Hot Fuzz" this should be appropriate. In conclusion, don't take children, but if you want to see James Bond at the top again, see this film.
Adult Written bymmmm April 9, 2008

Best movie since DR. NO

This is a must see movie it is terrific and troubling (only in some parts.) I loved the movie and it is fine for kids 10+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer January 25, 2015

Casino royale

13 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 16, 2013

Best bond movie.

The best bond movie ever! This movie is great although it contains strong violence. The violence isn't exactly frequent but it is very strong and includes a torture scene. The is also some alcohol use and very mild language (hell,d*mn).
Kid, 9 years old March 29, 2013

Extremely violent but good movie overal

So bloody. There is a scene of torture and it shows a guys bare butt... I'm sorry I just can't speak it was so gruesome and violent. A guy is strangled with a rope and it cuts his neck.