All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

action

Great movie lots of action
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe BatFan August 12, 2010

See this before QOS

This is an awseome James Bond.It has cool stunts and class chase through Madagascar. Before you see Quantum Of Solace see this so you'l actually understand what's going on.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Mature teens, I saw it with dad and am mature 11 yr. old!

I am a die-hard Bond Fan along with my dad, and we LOVED this movie! This is my favorite Bond so far, even better then Quantam. There are violent, disturbing scenes as with all Bond movies, and a very riveting scene. Action-packed and exciting this is a very good movie for mature bond-fans.
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great classic 12 and over

great movie one of my favorites lots of killing and action 12 and over worth buying
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxboy15 February 14, 2009

This movie has a lot of action and a good story better than quantum of solace

This movie has a lot of action and a smart 007 agent who gets the job done The car stunt was crazy but the movie has a better story than quantum of solace
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymmmm April 9, 2008

Best movie since DR. NO

This is a must see movie it is terrific and troubling (only in some parts.) I loved the movie and it is fine for kids 10+.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Quantum of Solace Review

I just saw Casino Royale recently. This movie did not bother me as much because I saw Quantum of Solace. THAT one was FANTASTIC!!!! But in Casino Royale, Bond is seen having sexual affairs with 2 women, and his genitals are beaten with a knotted rope. All in all, this movie should only be shown to children 11 and up.
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies April 14, 2011

while kids may think its too long, content wise, there is nothing in here that a 12 yr old hasnt already seen. also, there is NO NUDITY as told in the rating description.
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

11+

This is my favourite Bond movie. It's violent and contains a scene of torture. Bond goes to bed with a woman and they're naked (you can't see anything apart from bare arms and legs). The word "b-----d" is used and so is the word "ass".
Adult Written bysarahkay89 November 17, 2010

Fine for adults / older teens; would not recommend for kids/tweens

Well done movie, but would not recommend for kids / tweens. Very violent. Lots of language. Some sexual scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 5, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 September 27, 2009

Great but a disturbing torture scene

The torture scene made me scared
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 27, 2009

Greatest Bond Movie Ever

Daniel Craig is probably the greatest bond ever after seeing this movie. It is bond reborn. It's a great movie about love and action. I saw this the night it came out in theaters. It's better on a big screen to get the feel of all the action. I recommend this for anyone above 9. It's quite possibly the greatest bond movie ever.
Teen, 14 years old Written byredring120 February 12, 2009

Bond's Back at his Best, but Think before taking the Kids

Since Ian Fleming created Bond, he has gone through many incarnations. Sean Connery had perfected Bond in his first movies, being able to switch between ruthless and a charmer. Roger Moore was a very good Bond but wasn't able to stand to the juggernaut of Connery. Pierce Bronsman had the same problem. But today, I have to say, this new Bond is easily better then the past ones and can stand up with Connery. He is ruthless, charming, and even a bit humorous. The movie starts off in one of the most memorable opening sequence of any Bond film. Shot in black and white, it shows Bond becoming a 007. While the stories plot can be a little difficult to follow as a whole, it is an enjoyable experience. It is the best Bond I've seen since Goldfinger. As for age, not only do I think that this should not be seen by children because of the content, but I also think that the younger one's should see the older Bond movies first. If they are interested, of course. There are scenes of great emotional destress and even torture. This is not a children's movie. But for the people who have seen other action movies like, say, "Hot Fuzz" this should be appropriate. In conclusion, don't take children, but if you want to see James Bond at the top again, see this film.
Parent Written byspacejockeys April 9, 2008

Adult Written byhu April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byrunner4ever April 9, 2008

scary at times but really good otherwise

The violence was bad it also had some sexual related stuff and the torture scene was on the verge of being really bad but other than that i would say 12 and up(that is being mature for your age) Daniel Craig was the best 007 that i have seen he is awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylbrilowell April 9, 2008

Best Bond Yet

The new Bond is great! There's more action in Casino Royale than the other Bond movies and the plot is really great too. I can't wait until this movie is out on DVD. It's a must see movie deffinately!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Excellent!

One of the best movies of the year--and easily the best 007 movie I have ever seen.