All parent member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 February 17, 2011

Best to wait till they're 13 to watch this one

Although the Bond movies aren't my thing, I proof-watched it to see if my son could watch it. One of the concerns that I had with this movie was the language. "Bast*rd" was used twice, "B*tch" was used at least once, "Christ" and "Hell" were also used.My other concern was with the sexual behaviors. In more then several occasions there are love scenes, no nudity is shown however you know the characters are naked because you see bare legs and backs. A women is seen kissing a mans bare chest. There was also a conversation that took place between Bond and his female co-star that concerned me. It went something like this "Even if you were just a mouth and a pinky finger, you'd be more of a man then any man I've ever known" said by female. Bond responds with "thats cause you know what I could do with my pinky finger" She replies "No actually I don't" He said "But I bet your dying to find out". There is also alot of violence in this movie, one scene contained Bond stripped of all his clothes and sitting in a chair being hit by another man with a rope that had a ball on the end of it. He would hit him in his lower regions and talk about hiting him in the place that defines him as a man. Alot of people getting shot and alot of fight scenes. If any of these are a concerned to parents, I recommend they make the child wait until they are at least 13 to watch this movie.
Parent Written byspacejockeys April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies April 14, 2011
while kids may think its too long, content wise, there is nothing in here that a 12 yr old hasnt already seen. also, there is NO NUDITY as told in the rating description.
Adult Written byMasterMaxx November 25, 2010

13 and Older!?! HA!

This is NOT for 13 year olds. It is intense, complicated, and scary for kids of that age.
Adult Written bypaxicotrader September 24, 2010
Bond has always been a terrible and unrealistic role model for men. He's vain, materialistic, violent and treats women as objects. A man bent for perdition if there ever was one. I didn't think it was possible but now Daniel Craig has pushed this negative image to the max by injecting cold-hearted cruelty and a lust for vengeance into the martini mix. Bad man. Bad movie. Forget about teens; adults don't even need to see it.
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 27, 2009

Greatest Bond Movie Ever

Daniel Craig is probably the greatest bond ever after seeing this movie. It is bond reborn. It's a great movie about love and action. I saw this the night it came out in theaters. It's better on a big screen to get the feel of all the action. I recommend this for anyone above 9. It's quite possibly the greatest bond movie ever.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byboyzmom January 10, 2009

Too much!

When did torture become acceptable entertainment for young teens? I was shocked by the torture scene when Bond's testicles were repeated beat with a knotted rope- especially since so many of my peers had seen this movie and thought it okay for their middle school kids. I didn't think I was a prude parent, but I would just assume my kids didn't see such human cruelty till they were a bit older.
Adult Written bymmmm April 9, 2008

Best movie since DR. NO

This is a must see movie it is terrific and troubling (only in some parts.) I loved the movie and it is fine for kids 10+.
Adult Written byqwertyywakbCU November 27, 2010

Not for Kids

Horrible for kids ages 8-
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great classic 12 and over

great movie one of my favorites lots of killing and action 12 and over worth buying
Adult Written byMovie Man August 17, 2009

Excellent, Violent Prequel to the Bond Series.

This is a great film. It's exciting, well-acted, and keeps an interesting story with a nice twist. Although it is very, very violent; there is even a torture scene (quite gritty and disturbing). Daniel Craig may even be the best Bond yet! Try it; it's fantastic!
Adult Written byhu April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A great remake!

Well thought ad planned out film great for 13 maybe 14 and older. SEXUAL CONTENT: Not even a hint as bad as the older ones but this still has its moments. A woman appears on top of him, and two other seens show a passonit kiss than the scene cuts of. Violence; rutal scene James Bond gets hit repeatedly in the penis about 10 times than he almost gets them cut of and fed to him but the villian dies. Other Action sequences scenes not serious thouhg. LANGUAGE: A few sh*t words here and there but no f words.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byDad1000 May 27, 2016

Best bond movie

This is the best bond movie. It has a little sex so still best for the older kids
Adult Written byerica921 November 9, 2015
Parent Written byfreewillybird October 25, 2015

don't desensitize your kids to torture!

great movie, great plot, great pace, but very very dark. the torture scenes were really violent. the slow death of major characters was brutal. who cares about swearing and sexual innuendo? unless you want to desensitize your kids to torture, you will wait until they are 16 to show them this particular Bond film.
Adult Written bysarge123 October 2, 2015

CSM's review is of the edited US release. The full film is much more bloodier/intense. 16+

Parent Written bypatc2 August 20, 2015
This is a very exciting film. I watched it with my 11 year old who loves Bond and I was able to see what might happen and had the remote ready. The sex wasn't too bad as was most of the violence but two scenes ,the torture and the drowning were quickly whizzed through but were still upsetting .However I thought Bond came over as a good man who keeps his emotions under control not a cold hearted bastard.
Parent of a 9 year old Written by000004515778 May 11, 2011

Great for anyone!

I love this movie, if you are a fan of action movies go see this movie!
Adult Written bysarahkay89 November 17, 2010

Fine for adults / older teens; would not recommend for kids/tweens

Well done movie, but would not recommend for kids / tweens. Very violent. Lots of language. Some sexual scenes.