All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Bond is back

Trying to keep this short, this is once again an excellent addition to the long line of Bond movies, and this one also does the best in keeping to Ian Fleming's novel. Craig does an excellent job playing a gritty Bond, a Bond before as everyone knows him. I highly suggest you watch this movie, but please read other reviews, as I admit I have a very biased view of Bond movies, and have seen every single one (and thought all of them were good). In other words, don't take my word for it: I'm a Bond person. As for content, The sexual content isn't as bad as in some other Bond movies. Violence also isn't that bad, but there is blood in the results now. The torture scene isn't anything to worry about since Bond makes it almost a comic situation. Language is reduced to basically a few b*st*rds and other mild words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoblova01 April 9, 2008

WHAT THE HECK

this movie was so confusing......it had random characters come in it and just go away....it was more relalistic then the other ones but they could of done better.......and i think they could have found a better james bond too....but you should see it though because this is just my thoughts!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Skip this One

Seemed like a pretty graphic movie for PG-13. The torture scene was horrible, and nude. It was also extremely boring. Just skip it, please. Not worth any of your money.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycwj April 9, 2008

the greatest bond movie

Daniel Craig was a great bond. Eva Green was a great bond girl. Everyone is great. This is a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Casino Royale I thought was a pretty good movie.The sex parts were not that aggresive as other ones I've seen in movies.The vilonece was exciting I still feel sort of bad for some bad guys for some reason. the most exciting part was where the guy who MI6 had to question fought James Bond.This movie may be disturbing to some people but it is alot of fun.The torture scene was sort of funny
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A great remake!

Well thought ad planned out film great for 13 maybe 14 and older. SEXUAL CONTENT: Not even a hint as bad as the older ones but this still has its moments. A woman appears on top of him, and two other seens show a passonit kiss than the scene cuts of. Violence; rutal scene James Bond gets hit repeatedly in the penis about 10 times than he almost gets them cut of and fed to him but the villian dies. Other Action sequences scenes not serious thouhg. LANGUAGE: A few sh*t words here and there but no f words.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 2, 2015

Excellent James Bond adaption.

Daniel Craig was outstanding, so were the other cast. The action was well done and it was a lot of fun.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer January 25, 2015

Casino royale

13 and up
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

More violence, sex, torture

Contains strong action violence, moderate sex references and one scene of torture
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Beginning and ending very exciting, but other than that just story

Violence- 4 (A character drowns to death, action violence, shooting and a torture scene) Sex- 3 (Bond has sex with a girl) Drinking, Drugs and Smoking- 2 (Bond has many Martinis)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 10, 2014

Dark angry 007 has cartoonish violence and sexuality

My rating: PG-13 for sexual content,dark violence,language and nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 30, 2014

Casino Royale movie review

Casino Royale is hands down the best 007 James Bond movie. The franchise has had some turns during its run. Casino Royale took a very different approach to Bond. The movie was dark and surprisingly very violent. Casino Royale was brilliant. I loved the tone of serious 007. The action in Casino Royale is awesome. Martin Campbell knows how to direct action. Daniel Craig is the best James Bond ever. In my opinion, he is better than Sean Connery. The characters in this edition of 007 are quite interesting. The villain is very developed. Many people might say that Le Chiffre just wants money, but in truth he needs the money or he will die. Eva Green's portrayal of Vesper Lynd was almost flawless. She was the one who emotionally affected James Bond. You can see that in the end of Casino Royale. The movie's plot is so suspenseful. Most 007 fans will say that this movie is boring and the movie only cares about poker, but the movie uses the poker games for suspense. Casino Royale is very violent for a PG-13 film. Honestly, it could have been R. Parents should view Casino Royale and decide if the movie is suitable for your children. It's amazing how the 007 franchise has been going on for 50 years. I think that Casino Royale is my favorite James Bond movie. Not only is it my favorite James Bond movie, it is also one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I highly suggest checking out Casino Royale if you are a huge James Bond fan. This movie is very far from disappointment.
Kid, 11 years old September 6, 2014

A change from classic Bond

A very good film, but a big change from classic James Bond. It shows a graphic scene of torture; strong, bloody violence; occasional moderate swearing; moderate sex and a sad scene of drowning. Really, though, the big deal is mostly the torture scene.
Teen, 15 years old Written byconnor mann May 25, 2014

DOUBLE 'O' EPIC

Casino Royale has awesome stunts and fights and mind blowing special effects. It's hard to believe it was made in 2006. It's well written, with a realistic and engaging story. There is lots of brutal violence, so not recommended for young teens or children. Casino Royale provides insight on how Bond became such a cold-hearted killer, as he learns his most important lesson: trust no one...
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2014

The movie is probably the worst 007 movie including Daniel Craig.

I saw Skyfall and then this. I was disappointed after watching this because it was not good. The storyline was unstable and the action was too much of an old fashion style (sometimes it is purposely like that). There is a lot of violence and some blood. There is a disturbing torture scene with James naked (that's why MPAA said this had nudity in it). There is also some sexual content involving James and women. There is some strong language and a lot of gambling between James and the bad guy. There is also some drinking.
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2014

GREAT MOVIE

there are some questionable parts but a lot of action thats fun to watch
Teen, 14 years old Written byfictionalcharacters January 21, 2014

The teenager perspective

I first saw this movie when I was around 11 years old. Now I understand the most parents would never allow such a thing. For there is sex scenes, nudity, drinking, a lot of violence. It would be hard for children to follow the storyline. I had to watch it 2 times to get it and even still every time K watch it I learn something new each time. Many of my friends still can't watch it according to their parents and they are 14-16 years old! There is a scene where Daniel Craig is strapped to chair naked, and getting a form of torture done to him. There is a lot of sex (but then again he is James Bond). Despite that it is a fantastic movie, Daniel Craig is an amazing bond in my opinion. He is more physical in fights and he has great stamina. He is my favorite bond.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrating_guy December 4, 2013

awesome film

great film in acting action and plot, WARNING the is a TORTURE scene bond is whipped is his genitals and implied that his girlfriend is also being tortured(off screen but you hear screams) if you skip that scene should be little more okay because it is the most violent scene in the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 16, 2013

Best bond movie.

The best bond movie ever! This movie is great although it contains strong violence. The violence isn't exactly frequent but it is very strong and includes a torture scene. The is also some alcohol use and very mild language (hell,d*mn).
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnozzlywins August 11, 2013

Best bond ever!!!

Great action packed movie any 10 year old could watch it. The only reason I have rated it 12+ is because of the torture scene, I closed my eyes when I was ten but watched it again at 12 and didn't find it scary at all. Daniel craig is a great hot bond with great acting from eva green.