All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Kid, 9 years old March 29, 2013

Extremely violent but good movie overal

So bloody. There is a scene of torture and it shows a guys bare butt... I'm sorry I just can't speak it was so gruesome and violent. A guy is strangled with a rope and it cuts his neck.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Quantum of Solace Review

I just saw Casino Royale recently. This movie did not bother me as much because I saw Quantum of Solace. THAT one was FANTASTIC!!!! But in Casino Royale, Bond is seen having sexual affairs with 2 women, and his genitals are beaten with a knotted rope. All in all, this movie should only be shown to children 11 and up.
Adult Written byqwertyywakbCU November 27, 2010

Not for Kids

Horrible for kids ages 8-
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 5, 2010
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great classic 12 and over

great movie one of my favorites lots of killing and action 12 and over worth buying
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 September 27, 2009

Great but a disturbing torture scene

The torture scene made me scared
Teen, 13 years old Written byrunner4ever April 9, 2008

scary at times but really good otherwise

The violence was bad it also had some sexual related stuff and the torture scene was on the verge of being really bad but other than that i would say 12 and up(that is being mature for your age) Daniel Craig was the best 007 that i have seen he is awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Excellent!

One of the best movies of the year--and easily the best 007 movie I have ever seen.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Bond is back

Trying to keep this short, this is once again an excellent addition to the long line of Bond movies, and this one also does the best in keeping to Ian Fleming's novel. Craig does an excellent job playing a gritty Bond, a Bond before as everyone knows him. I highly suggest you watch this movie, but please read other reviews, as I admit I have a very biased view of Bond movies, and have seen every single one (and thought all of them were good). In other words, don't take my word for it: I'm a Bond person. As for content, The sexual content isn't as bad as in some other Bond movies. Violence also isn't that bad, but there is blood in the results now. The torture scene isn't anything to worry about since Bond makes it almost a comic situation. Language is reduced to basically a few b*st*rds and other mild words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoblova01 April 9, 2008

WHAT THE HECK

this movie was so confusing......it had random characters come in it and just go away....it was more relalistic then the other ones but they could of done better.......and i think they could have found a better james bond too....but you should see it though because this is just my thoughts!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Skip this One

Seemed like a pretty graphic movie for PG-13. The torture scene was horrible, and nude. It was also extremely boring. Just skip it, please. Not worth any of your money.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycwj April 9, 2008

the greatest bond movie

Daniel Craig was a great bond. Eva Green was a great bond girl. Everyone is great. This is a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Casino Royale I thought was a pretty good movie.The sex parts were not that aggresive as other ones I've seen in movies.The vilonece was exciting I still feel sort of bad for some bad guys for some reason. the most exciting part was where the guy who MI6 had to question fought James Bond.This movie may be disturbing to some people but it is alot of fun.The torture scene was sort of funny
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A great remake!

Well thought ad planned out film great for 13 maybe 14 and older. SEXUAL CONTENT: Not even a hint as bad as the older ones but this still has its moments. A woman appears on top of him, and two other seens show a passonit kiss than the scene cuts of. Violence; rutal scene James Bond gets hit repeatedly in the penis about 10 times than he almost gets them cut of and fed to him but the villian dies. Other Action sequences scenes not serious thouhg. LANGUAGE: A few sh*t words here and there but no f words.
Teen, 17 years old Written byawesomelycool12 December 25, 2015

GREAT!!!

I'd say that it has a lot of violence, but I think mature tweens can enjoy the fun cuz I watched it as a tween.
Adult Written byerica921 November 9, 2015
Parent Written byfreewillybird October 25, 2015

don't desensitize your kids to torture!

great movie, great plot, great pace, but very very dark. the torture scenes were really violent. the slow death of major characters was brutal. who cares about swearing and sexual innuendo? unless you want to desensitize your kids to torture, you will wait until they are 16 to show them this particular Bond film.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2015

Bond...James...Bond

This movie was good, but there was not enough action and even I (12 years old) didn't even understand this movie. A kid who is under 12-13 years old shouldn't see this movie. It's hard to understand the concept of this movie. The rule James Bond had was to trust no one! There is also blood dripping down Bonds face and strong body. The crazy thing about most James Bond films is that it shows him shooting a gun barrel and blood coming down from the screen. My dad told me that as if James Bond shot you. Pretty Gory Stuff! Example: (https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgjF1YdKCdg) So this movie is definitely not for kids.
Adult Written bysarge123 October 2, 2015

CSM's review is of the edited US release. The full film is much more bloodier/intense. 16+

Teen, 14 years old Written byLizzy Lizard September 13, 2015

Bond to an Extreme

This was one of the first Bond movies I saw, and I loved it. Having that said, keep in mind that we are talking about a James Bond movie; this meaning that there are scenes of nudity, violence, drugs, gambling and foul language. This movie is most certainly not suitable for children under 12.