All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

it rocked Coarse Language, Intensity, Stronge scenes of sex and violence and gore
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Moore July 4, 2013

Great spy flick.

Daniel Craig really stays faithful to the James Bond depicted in the novels. He is dark, gritty, but still cool. He is a positive role model for fighting against the funding for terrorist organizations. Like I said before, Craig is very gritty as Bond. He is seen killing many people in brutal ways but all of this is done to enemies trying to help the terrorist organizations. There is a brutal scene where Bond is subjected to testicular torture to give the vilain answers. The Bond girl in this movie is Vesper Lynd (portrayed by Eva Green) and they are seen kissing passionately in the movie but there is no explicit nudity. The language is the average you hear in a PG-13 action movie. A few uses of D*mn, I think a few sh*t, and one use of b*tch. Characters in the movie are seen drinking alcohol. I don't see how it would phase children at least 12 or under.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

Good for Tweens and Up

Kid, 9 years old March 29, 2013

Extremely violent but good movie overal

So bloody. There is a scene of torture and it shows a guys bare butt... I'm sorry I just can't speak it was so gruesome and violent. A guy is strangled with a rope and it cuts his neck.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfanfanfan December 18, 2012

be prepared for 007

This is James Bond. Drinking, sexual content and violence are given. The plot is enriching and complicated. There are several disturbing parts, so if you are a parent, prewatch and know your kids. I was warned about a torture scene, but honestly, I thought that part was hilarious. The first Bond movie I've seen and it set a high standard.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2012

Strongly Reccomended

Great story line and a brilliant film. Casino Royal is a classic bond film with a twist and it's a great film for lovers of action. one downside is though it's not suitable for kids under 11 in my opinion as there is a lot of violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 9, 2012

Good Movie!

If I was to rate this movie it would be: R Intense violence throughout, a disturbing torture scene, sexual content and nudity, mild language
Teen, 14 years old Written byquickbuild2345 March 2, 2012

Great action movie, best Bond; lots of violence, however

This is the best Bond movie ever made - it has a great Bond, a solid plot, a convincing villain, a marvelous cast, some incredible action sequences, a witty script, and plenty of intensity and suspense. It's also one of the grittiest Bonds, so I would recommend it for teenagers and up. As per a usual Bond, there is quite a bit of drinking. Violence: in the opening sequence, two men are shot at close range in the head - this is a black and white sequence. The first one there is no blood and we simply see him fall back in his chair from a distance. The second, we see it from his point of view, with a copious amount of blood dribbling down the screen. The film includes plenty of explosions, bullets, and hand-to-hand combat, often brutal. Bond shoots many people and we usually see a brief bit of blood. A man is strangled rather graphically. A woman drowns - this is probably the most emotional drowning scene I've seen in a movie. A man is shot in the eye with a nail gun - we briefly see the nail protruding from the lens of his sunglasses. A man is electrocuted very briefly. The villain beats Bond's genitals with a knotted rope. Sex: Bond and a married woman kiss passionately on the ground for a while, but he leaves before anything more happens. Bond and Vesper kiss passionately and fall to the ground - sex is implied. In one scene, we see them naked in bed with sheets covering anything graphic. There are lots of women in skimpy clothing. Language: M says "h**l" a lot. "D**n," "b*****d," "b**ch," religious profanities, and other swear words are used infrequently.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 18, 2012

Exciting

The best James Bond Movie. Full of everything that a Bond Movie should have. Awesome
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 11, 2012

The best bond yet.

Themovie includes knifings, guns with silencers and some long dangeroous chase scenes with crazy stunts, like jumping down an elavator shaft, climbing on a construction site, and brutal hand to hand fights, including charecters being choked and hit with guns, or brutally shot. but casino royale disposes of the other lame bond movies pointless action and stupid stories to reaveal a complex story for both action fans and bond fans.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

My personal favorite of the bonf franchise

all and all this film rocked and I give it a 10/10 it rocks! Lots of product placement though: Heineken beer, smernoff vodka, Omega watches:) Aston martin, Sony vaio, Sony Ericson coca-cola, and so forth
Kid, 10 years old January 9, 2012

007 has never been so violent since LtK, LOVE IT!!!!!

This film has a lot of good things for it. I can't say how much good things there are for it. One thing I should mention, even though this film kicks butt, the novel is better and I give this movie a 10/10. One thing I should note is that this movie is very violent and has a dark plot but that's manly why Iove it. Also Daniel Craig is such a good 007 because when I read the novel, even in scenes not in the film, I saw Daniel as 007. Another note is this film is the novel but in a post-9-11 world and not during the cold war but that's works for the movie. The only thing I don't like is that in the torture scene Bond is nude which I didn't recall that in the book. Casino Royal is the best 007 film tied with License to Kill from 1989. Watch this film, read the novel, 'cause this is great.
Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2011

007 to a new level

action fans wont be disipointed amazing
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 8, 2011

Surprisingly easy to sit through the entire two and a half hours, due to the constant intensity, suspense, and thrills.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for intense violence and action including one disturbing torture scene, some nudity/sexuality, language and alcohol use.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 1, 2011

Good for 15+

Very violent; heavy on the sexual content as well. Good for 15+. There is also some mild to moderate language, but nothing outstanding.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjbond3 June 28, 2011

iffy

i guess the violence is more of an issue,
Parent of a 9 year old Written by000004515778 May 11, 2011

Great for anyone!

I love this movie, if you are a fan of action movies go see this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytom the pom March 22, 2011

12+ would enjoy it 25+ would get it more.

i thought it was the best bond film because it wasnt as korny or unbelievable. i know people think the new bond attitude is bad, but its reality to get angry after deaths of friends ect.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

Good

This is a very good film. It's my favourite Bond film. Contains: Frequent, moderate action violence.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 February 17, 2011

Best to wait till they're 13 to watch this one

Although the Bond movies aren't my thing, I proof-watched it to see if my son could watch it. One of the concerns that I had with this movie was the language. "Bast*rd" was used twice, "B*tch" was used at least once, "Christ" and "Hell" were also used.My other concern was with the sexual behaviors. In more then several occasions there are love scenes, no nudity is shown however you know the characters are naked because you see bare legs and backs. A women is seen kissing a mans bare chest. There was also a conversation that took place between Bond and his female co-star that concerned me. It went something like this "Even if you were just a mouth and a pinky finger, you'd be more of a man then any man I've ever known" said by female. Bond responds with "thats cause you know what I could do with my pinky finger" She replies "No actually I don't" He said "But I bet your dying to find out". There is also alot of violence in this movie, one scene contained Bond stripped of all his clothes and sitting in a chair being hit by another man with a rope that had a ball on the end of it. He would hit him in his lower regions and talk about hiting him in the place that defines him as a man. Alot of people getting shot and alot of fight scenes. If any of these are a concerned to parents, I recommend they make the child wait until they are at least 13 to watch this movie.