All member reviews for Casino Royale (2006)

Darker than usual Bond; too violent for tweens.

Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

action

Great movie lots of action
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe BatFan August 12, 2010

See this before QOS

This is an awseome James Bond.It has cool stunts and class chase through Madagascar. Before you see Quantum Of Solace see this so you'l actually understand what's going on.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Mature teens, I saw it with dad and am mature 11 yr. old!

I am a die-hard Bond Fan along with my dad, and we LOVED this movie! This is my favorite Bond so far, even better then Quantam. There are violent, disturbing scenes as with all Bond movies, and a very riveting scene. Action-packed and exciting this is a very good movie for mature bond-fans.
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

11+

This is my favourite Bond movie. It's violent and contains a scene of torture. Bond goes to bed with a woman and they're naked (you can't see anything apart from bare arms and legs). The word "b-----d" is used and so is the word "ass".
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies April 14, 2011

while kids may think its too long, content wise, there is nothing in here that a 12 yr old hasnt already seen. also, there is NO NUDITY as told in the rating description.
Parent Written byspacejockeys April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 February 17, 2011

Best to wait till they're 13 to watch this one

Although the Bond movies aren't my thing, I proof-watched it to see if my son could watch it. One of the concerns that I had with this movie was the language. "Bast*rd" was used twice, "B*tch" was used at least once, "Christ" and "Hell" were also used.My other concern was with the sexual behaviors. In more then several occasions there are love scenes, no nudity is shown however you know the characters are naked because you see bare legs and backs. A women is seen kissing a mans bare chest. There was also a conversation that took place between Bond and his female co-star that concerned me. It went something like this "Even if you were just a mouth and a pinky finger, you'd be more of a man then any man I've ever known" said by female. Bond responds with "thats cause you know what I could do with my pinky finger" She replies "No actually I don't" He said "But I bet your dying to find out". There is also alot of violence in this movie, one scene contained Bond stripped of all his clothes and sitting in a chair being hit by another man with a rope that had a ball on the end of it. He would hit him in his lower regions and talk about hiting him in the place that defines him as a man. Alot of people getting shot and alot of fight scenes. If any of these are a concerned to parents, I recommend they make the child wait until they are at least 13 to watch this movie.
Adult Written byMasterMaxx November 25, 2010

13 and Older!?! HA!

This is NOT for 13 year olds. It is intense, complicated, and scary for kids of that age.
Adult Written bypaxicotrader September 24, 2010

Bond has always been a terrible and unrealistic role model for men. He's vain, materialistic, violent and treats women as objects. A man bent for perdition if there ever was one. I didn't think it was possible but now Daniel Craig has pushed this negative image to the max by injecting cold-hearted cruelty and a lust for vengeance into the martini mix. Bad man. Bad movie. Forget about teens; adults don't even need to see it.
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great classic 12 and over

great movie one of my favorites lots of killing and action 12 and over worth buying
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 27, 2009

Greatest Bond Movie Ever

Daniel Craig is probably the greatest bond ever after seeing this movie. It is bond reborn. It's a great movie about love and action. I saw this the night it came out in theaters. It's better on a big screen to get the feel of all the action. I recommend this for anyone above 9. It's quite possibly the greatest bond movie ever.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxboy15 February 14, 2009

This movie has a lot of action and a good story better than quantum of solace

This movie has a lot of action and a smart 007 agent who gets the job done The car stunt was crazy but the movie has a better story than quantum of solace
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byboyzmom January 10, 2009

Too much!

When did torture become acceptable entertainment for young teens? I was shocked by the torture scene when Bond's testicles were repeated beat with a knotted rope- especially since so many of my peers had seen this movie and thought it okay for their middle school kids. I didn't think I was a prude parent, but I would just assume my kids didn't see such human cruelty till they were a bit older.
Adult Written bymmmm April 9, 2008

Best movie since DR. NO

This is a must see movie it is terrific and troubling (only in some parts.) I loved the movie and it is fine for kids 10+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer January 25, 2015

Casino royale

13 and up
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2014

The movie is probably the worst 007 movie including Daniel Craig.

I saw Skyfall and then this. I was disappointed after watching this because it was not good. The storyline was unstable and the action was too much of an old fashion style (sometimes it is purposely like that). There is a lot of violence and some blood. There is a disturbing torture scene with James naked (that's why MPAA said this had nudity in it). There is also some sexual content involving James and women. There is some strong language and a lot of gambling between James and the bad guy. There is also some drinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 16, 2013

Best bond movie.

The best bond movie ever! This movie is great although it contains strong violence. The violence isn't exactly frequent but it is very strong and includes a torture scene. The is also some alcohol use and very mild language (hell,d*mn).
Kid, 9 years old March 29, 2013

Extremely violent but good movie overal

So bloody. There is a scene of torture and it shows a guys bare butt... I'm sorry I just can't speak it was so gruesome and violent. A guy is strangled with a rope and it cuts his neck.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Quantum of Solace Review

I just saw Casino Royale recently. This movie did not bother me as much because I saw Quantum of Solace. THAT one was FANTASTIC!!!! But in Casino Royale, Bond is seen having sexual affairs with 2 women, and his genitals are beaten with a knotted rope. All in all, this movie should only be shown to children 11 and up.