All member reviews for Casino

Violent story of vice and virtue not for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

14 year olds

I probably wouldn't let anyone under 13 watch this why would they want to though ? Along with being very violent and lots of profanity it is also a long, boring and rubbish film !!!
Adult Written byuytt2 December 17, 2009

one of the best

good film god preformances some graphic shootout graphic torture lots of swearing, sex evrything a good mob movie needs
Adult Written byJayGatsby October 27, 2011

Caricature of the American Gangster: So rich but so unhappy

I'm a huge fan of Martin Scorsese and I've already seen many of his violent, profanity riddled movies, so the content in this movie didn't really come off as any surprise. I will say that although the language was incredibly pervasive, it was also realistic considering the main characters, the setting, and the tone of the movie. Gangsters spouting f-words come off as more realistic and less offensive than kids and teens saying them in most of today's raunchy teen comedies. This remains one of the best gangster films ever made, bolstering powerful performances from Joe Pesci and Sharon Stone. It's a sad movie about sad people. Gangsters might be some of the richest people in business, but they are also some of the most dysfunctional, and Scorses asks of us, is it all worth it? Most of us would say not. Gangsters will keep making money, but you can't buy happiness with all the money in the world. Scorsese knows that, and that's what he portrays brilliantly in his gangster films.
Adult Written byseefoodlover April 20, 2011

LOVE IT

Well first off, a factual error on the part of CSM, they claim that Pulp Fiction has the highest number of "F-Bombs" in a movie, when in fact, "Casino" holds a Guiness World Record for the most swearing in a film ever! The word "F*ck" is said 422 times, which averages to about 2.4 times per minute (IMDB). Btw, the "F" word is said 422 times, not counting, "Sh*t, C**t, Ass**le, Jerk***, n****r, co**su*ker," you get the idea... Aside from that, I love this movie. I suppose it doesn't offer much as far as lessons go, other than it is an excellent story about what Las Vegas used to be, and the lifestyles the big shots could afford. You as the parent are the ultimate judge of what you deem appropriate and inappropriate. This movie is not senseless at all, it has a wonderful story and a Scorsese masterpiece.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy October 20, 2009

Awesome movie! But way too brutal...

One of the best Gangster movies of all time! However it is not for kids, The F-Word is used nonstop throughout, Constant beatings, torture, child abuse, murders, some of the main characters are coke addicts, onscreen oral sex, people beg for mercy shortly before being beaten to death with a baseball bat (onscreen). etc... etc...
Teen, 13 years old Written bykh2master September 20, 2009

stupid annoying movie where people swear all the time

it may be violent but all people do is curse. it is mostly the f word. this is not for kids under the age of 17.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylenzbenz20 July 6, 2011

Really, CSM?

Sure, younger kids probably shouldn't see this. But I saw it when I was thirteen. I love it. What I'm most appalled about, COMMON SENSE MEDIA, Is that you said Scorsese directed Scarface. That is absolutely not true, Brian DePalma did.
Adult Written byreser2 August 18, 2011

Casino movie review

This is a movie that is not for kids. It has scenes of brutal violence, torture, sex and a lot of foul language throughout. It is appropriate for people who are 18 or older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 August 18, 2010

i think kids and teens might think this is boring

alot better than i expected i dont really think this is a true story
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2012

World Recourd Swearing

f is used over 422 times and to prove it, it is in the guinness world records books
Teen, 13 years old Written byjames.bulfinch June 19, 2013

Incredible Mafia Movie is Amazingly Graphic and Profane

Casino is one of my favorite movies, but it is also the most inappropriate movies I have ever seen. Violence includes: a man is stabbed repeatedly with a pen, a bloody pen is seen afterwards. A man;s hand is smashed with a hammer, a very bloody and bruised man (For two days and two f***in' nights, we beat the s**t out of this guy. I mean, we even stuck ice-picks in his balls.) is dragged into a warehouse and his head is put in a vice. He is squeezed until his eyeball popped out. Several men are beaten and two men are beaten with baseball bats and then buried alive. On top of all that, men smoke in a almost every scene of the movie and there are 422 us of f**k. This is perhaps one of the most inappropriate movie of all time that is actually respected.
Adult Written byrsf2view December 22, 2012

Really good movie for those 18+!

This is my most favorite movie! It's a really good one, but it's not appropriate for kids, because there's a whole lot of violence and an extremely excessive amount of swearing. Nobody should see this movie until they are at least 18.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Bloody but excellent Scorsese mafia film is vulgar and racy

I'm Jewish and got mildly offended by this film for some anti-Semitic slurs but overall this movie was great but 400 f words lots of coke snorting and torture and violence including a man getting shot with a cattle gun and including some sexuality/nudity not for under 18
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

18 and up

Parent Written bygrapelover46 September 13, 2012

This is another gang related movie starring Robert De Niro that is pretty iffy.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 12, 2012

I thought it was great, I finally saw it today

casino is an awesome mob flick, it has everything you could ask for, action, suspense, humor, intense/OH SHIT moments, bloodshed, and great performances, joe Pesci stole the show in my opinion, he has both a humorous side and a tough guy side to him and that's awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byMob Man 12 August 10, 2013

Martin Scorsese classic

Despite being the most violent gangster movie it is still a masterpiece it has amazing performances by Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro it's definitely not for kids with brutal realistic violence and top 5 amounts of f words in a movie ever (400s) to go with lots of other language and heavy drug use and sex including a hooker
Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 3, 2014

Riveting, effective mob tale is excellent, but extremely violent and absolutely NOT for kids

Well-acted, plot that keeps you riveted from start to finish, interesting character study, great direction, I feel this movie is even more effective than "The Godfather." However, due to extreme violence, excessive swearing, drug use, and its moral ambiguity, 'Casino' is absolutely NOT for kids of any age.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHALO13 July 7, 2014

Classic Gangster Story, Of A Handicaper Turned Insane!

Casino has a very good plot and is based on a book, But this story is very violent, vulgar and sexual. The Violence is very Graphic and realistic! As it ranges from shooting multiple people to graphic torture including a vice to crush a person's head and two people being beaten by baseball bats to a bloody pulp and buried alive. As well as non stop swearing at the time this film came out it held the record of the most f bombs in a major motion picture, at 428 times, sexual content is not as bad, but Casino is better for a very mature audience!
Parent Written byDuncanDerund May 27, 2014