All member reviews for Catch-22

Classic, violent black comedy about the follies of war.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySlipperyQ January 25, 2012

Utterly Breathtaking

I don't know why the novel isn't on here, but I just finished it and it was incredible, quite possibly the best I've ever read. It's the only story I've ever read where I've laughed and cried all at once... In life, things aren't perfect. Happiness and sadness are only two shades of a spectrum that holds billions. Catch-22 manages to encase that spectrum; it reminds us that he world isn't black and white and that complication and absurdity are a part of human nature. It's a brilliant story about how reality is just a bridge suspended by the beliefs of those who must traverse it; sometimes people get halfway across and lose sight of the two directions at hand. Sometimes, the only way to find your way again is to let go of what you thought was sane.
Adult Written bymoviesrule1424 July 15, 2012

It's a good classic but has sexual content, dirty words, and bloody images.

The movie has lots of bloody war violence and some sexual content; b---h, a--hole, pu--y, ba---rd and f--ker are all used.
Adult Written byBalloutkid November 14, 2011

A must read

One of the most profoundly telling novels ever written; Catch-22 transports the reader into the depths of the human condition, illustrating the bleak reality that is wartime suffering, confusion, and irony. Yet throughout all of this Catch-22 is still able to perfectly utilizes humor to contrast the darkness of war. A must read for all ages Catch-22 provides a devastatingly realistic portrayal a of what life endure.
Parent of a 3, 7, 9, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written bygreatperson November 20, 2012

Violent war movie is actually worth your time.