All parent member reviews for Changeling

Parent of a 1, 8, 10, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil February 17, 2009

Fantastic

One of the greatest of 2008 but very thematic and disturbing
Adult Written bythegiveramw January 26, 2009

Amazing movie, not incredibly appropriate for childen

The movie was well written and directed, although many of the scence were dark (very dim lighting). There are some grapic displays of violence (gunning people down in the streets, killing children with an axe etc), that was very unexpected. There was some brief language, but it was specific in reasoning. Very good for adults, teenagers (possibly) but definatly not younger children.
Parent Written bySpeedemon0202 November 29, 2011

Steer clear if you have young children

This has the most disturbing scene I have ever witnessed in a movie. It's not gruesome, but with the four little boys huddled in the corner and they are saying "No no no no, please, no, no, no, please" while the light is swinging back and forth, casting them into shadows, it totally, absolutely and irrevocably broke my heart. I just couldn't stop thinking about my own little guy who is two. I am having an extremely difficult time getting that scene out of my head. I know that scene was put in place to elicit hatred for the antagonist, and it serves its purpose well, but I think it looked way too real. WAY too real.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTildenMom August 30, 2010

for older teens because of mature subject matter

I loved it! It had some disturbing parts but it really moved me and made me cry for the bad parts and the good parts.i think they had good role models because the mother never stoped searching for her son and had a lot of hope.i love that she wouldnt stand for the police saying that was her son! i think she was very brave.the bad role models are the police because the mother had clear evidence that the boy that she was given was not her son.They completely ignored her and was selfish of just thinking about how it would ruin they're reputation.Over all it was a very moving inspirational movie about how far a mother will go for her son.its really touching and full of determination ,hope,and faith!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybloodymary April 18, 2010

12 and up

it was so sad awsome i loved it it was disturbimg when kids were getting murdered weldone movie
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 January 21, 2010

Dark, depressing, and extremely interesting.

This movie is not a happy film, by any means. And it's definately not a kid's flick. The acting is excellent, and the drama is compelling, especially when you know it was based on a true story. There is some language, including the f-word three or four times. And the violence isn't really shown, but it is heavily implied. *Spoiler* You see the killer swinging the axe and covered in blood, but you don't actually see the deaths.
Adult Written bywonder dove July 2, 2009

Wow. This film will never die.

Amazing true story told well. It is shocking to know that Christine had to go through such torture just to find her son! This woman was amazing and strong willed in all aspects. One good message told here is that you should never, ever give up. Like Christine, she kept going. She had such hope that her son was still alive and waiting for her, despite what anyone tried to tell her. She loved her son so much, he was her life! Very emotional and heartbreaking, make sure you have some tissue at hand, this one will make you cry! 5/5 for a wonderful work of art, and Angelina Jolie is just perfect.
Parent of a 6, 9, 11, and 13 year old Written byGrama LaVoncita April 8, 2009

Adult Written byjfreund April 4, 2009

Disappointing. Not for tweens or many teens!

Violent and disturbing images; appropriate to the story though occasionally extreme and very difficult to watch even for adults. Not much redemption either. Unlike others, I was disappointed in the film overall, despite its good points. For me, it was ultimately so unpleasant and heartbreaking - it is any parent's most terrifying nightmare - it left me cold and dissatisfied. Too creepy.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjflynn22 February 21, 2009

I turned this off half way thru...

From what I saw, Angelina Jolie's main lines were "That's not my son" and "I want my son back!" (over and over again...) Best Actress nominee? Whatever. However, I was still interested in the story. That is, until I saw the scenes with the serial killer. These scenes were so disturbing and upsetting, I felt physically sick. That's when I turned off the movie. If you have kids yourself, you may feel the same way. I'm not a fan a movies like that in general, but especially if kids are involved.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bySandy G December 5, 2008

Gripping drama

Angelina Jolie is excellent as a demure, easily bowled over woman who gains her strength to fight through a harrowing experience in mental ward. Not a movie for the young - very disturbing violence perpetrated on young boys. Hard to believe that the LA county police were so corrupt and meanspirited at the turn of the century. Black and white street scenes of the time- very authentic A Clint Eastwood directed movie is always good.