All member reviews for Changeling

Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2009

Changeling is one of the best movies I've seen

Since, I've posted my reviews on other movie websites I'll just get straight to the point. This was a touching, moving, and entertaining film. One of the best movies I've ever seen and that is saying a lot. For sexual content, there is brief discussion of circumcision. A woman is hosed down fully nude, we however only see a brief glimpse of her buttocks. For violence and gore, we see several depictions of children being murdered with an axe, sometimes seen with blood effects, but the murders are committed off-screen. For profanity, there are several uses of the f word, some scatological and anatomical terms, some religious exclamations and profanities.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byshanno15 November 20, 2011

Great drama from the mind of Clint Eastwood (based on true story)

This movie really pulls on your heart strings from beginning to end. Based on a true, tragic story this movie is a great drama but very graphic so best seen ages 16 and up.
Parent of a 1, 8, 10, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil February 17, 2009

Fantastic

One of the greatest of 2008 but very thematic and disturbing
Adult Written bythegiveramw January 26, 2009

Amazing movie, not incredibly appropriate for childen

The movie was well written and directed, although many of the scence were dark (very dim lighting). There are some grapic displays of violence (gunning people down in the streets, killing children with an axe etc), that was very unexpected. There was some brief language, but it was specific in reasoning. Very good for adults, teenagers (possibly) but definatly not younger children.
Parent Written bySpeedemon0202 November 29, 2011

Steer clear if you have young children

This has the most disturbing scene I have ever witnessed in a movie. It's not gruesome, but with the four little boys huddled in the corner and they are saying "No no no no, please, no, no, no, please" while the light is swinging back and forth, casting them into shadows, it totally, absolutely and irrevocably broke my heart. I just couldn't stop thinking about my own little guy who is two. I am having an extremely difficult time getting that scene out of my head. I know that scene was put in place to elicit hatred for the antagonist, and it serves its purpose well, but I think it looked way too real. WAY too real.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTildenMom August 30, 2010

for older teens because of mature subject matter

I loved it! It had some disturbing parts but it really moved me and made me cry for the bad parts and the good parts.i think they had good role models because the mother never stoped searching for her son and had a lot of hope.i love that she wouldnt stand for the police saying that was her son! i think she was very brave.the bad role models are the police because the mother had clear evidence that the boy that she was given was not her son.They completely ignored her and was selfish of just thinking about how it would ruin they're reputation.Over all it was a very moving inspirational movie about how far a mother will go for her son.its really touching and full of determination ,hope,and faith!
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2013

Changeling review

It is a good film with much much to tell and should be seen over the whole world.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysaasaa July 21, 2012

s

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn May 5, 2012

Brutal, shocking account of one woman's loss is definitely not for kids

Clint Eastwood's Changeling came into theaters in late 2008, and this was pretty much around the same time that he also released his other film, Gran Torino. Now, as great a movie as Gran Torino is, I have always felt that since it was such a big critical and box office success, and it right now one of the most famous films of his career, that the other film, the much darker, more stoically paced film, Changeling, was very much overlooked, and unrightfully so, I may add. Changeling tells the story of a average single mother, Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie), living in a suburban abode in 1928. She has a very loving but slightly strained relationship with her young nine-year-old son, and one day, when she leaves to go for work, she is shocked and horrified to discover that when she gets back, her son is nowhere to be found. She spends the rest of the movie fighting to find him, and with another major plot point taking hold of the movie, as well, which is: When she finally exploits the Las Angeles police department in a extremely negative way, and attempts to expose them for the corrupt district that they are, she is thrown into a mental hospital, where she later fights for the innocence and sanity of herself. Now, what makes Changeling so very good is because of several major things: Every performance is spot on in the film, with the major one being, of course, Angelina Jolie, who is endlessly engaging and is a stark contrast to what she usually does is movies, and for that, she gives a powerful and realistic performance that should definitely not be overlooked or overshadowed. Another greats thing about this movie is it's excellent period film look, which really does successfully pull off the look of the 1920's, and that we never really stop believing in what timeline this story takes place. But, despite the films content, this movie is very rightfully Rated R, and here is the following parental content: There is infrequent but very disturbing violent content, involving several heart wrenching scenes of the mother being tormented by the loss of her son, and than psychologically tortured in the mental hospital; but even worse still, is when the reveal of the murderer is brought into full light, where we see just exactly what he did to a large group of children, and these scenes will definitely shock many viewers. Also, there is a very brief scene of rear nudity during a scene in the mental hospital where Christine is shown being violently hosed down and examined by several doctors. And, finally, there is very infrequent, but strong profanity, including several uses each of f--k, sh-t, cr-p, g-dd-mn, d-mn, h-ll, a--, a--h-le and b-tch. So, as underrated and overlooked as Changeling is, I still think that it is worth watching for anyone who wants to see a great story of corruption, and masterfully directed by Clint Eastwood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 January 30, 2012

changling is a good but slow movie

This movie is a good but slow movie anglins acting is strongest ever but other than that is good no problems at all
Teen, 13 years old Written bydragongleem November 27, 2011

MA please (nightmears)

i did not see the full thing only snipits i was kicked out of the room atually but I still had nightmears for weeks afterwards. The movie was not right a lot of violence not good for kids at all. the thought will scare some kids. the one boy who helped the man was a good role model because he came to the police and told every thing thought he knew what would happen. Overall good movie for MATURE ADIANCE. make sure you now your self and if you could take bad thoughts. it is based on a true story too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCotty August 17, 2010

Great movie but not for younger kids

When we think Angelina Jolie we automatically think-Tomb Raiders, Mr, and Mrs. Smith, Wanted, all movies were she plays a kick butt character. This movie was different. Jolie's character wasn't an emotionless stone cold killer. Who was invinsible. She played a loving mother who would do anything to find her son. And do anything for justice. While this movie is a don't miss for adult you are going to have to be careful with the kids. One of the side characters to this movie is a serial killer. It never shows the entire view of the murders, but it leaves little to the imagination, and could be quite frightening to younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

I saw it when I was 13, it was a little disturbing

It was disturbing and dark, especially the ax-murders. Too disturbing for anyone under 13.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybloodymary April 18, 2010

12 and up

it was so sad awsome i loved it it was disturbimg when kids were getting murdered weldone movie
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 January 21, 2010

Dark, depressing, and extremely interesting.

This movie is not a happy film, by any means. And it's definately not a kid's flick. The acting is excellent, and the drama is compelling, especially when you know it was based on a true story. There is some language, including the f-word three or four times. And the violence isn't really shown, but it is heavily implied. *Spoiler* You see the killer swinging the axe and covered in blood, but you don't actually see the deaths.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 January 9, 2010

Great movie!

This is a amazing movie! It does show a disturbing part of children getting beaten to death, which is horrible. But it just shows the mans face doing it, not the boys getting beaten. There is some language but not that used often. All in all you have to see this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 August 29, 2009

Must See

Great movie!!! Very moving and interesting.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2009

very sad

this movie was so sad! it was heartbreaking with very disturbing scenes, but it was very good and well layed out. and it was based on a ture story which makes it sadder. the worst and scariest scene was the one in the chicken coop with the kids and the guy. but this movie was good, despite those scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009