All member reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2012

OK

ok movie. not bad, but ok.
Kid, 7 years old August 15, 2012

A good movie for 5 and up

Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

The first was better.

The only reason I saw it was because Johnny Depp was starring in it.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Terrific

This is a great remake and stays very close to the book. After watching this terrific film, kids will want to read the book. Johnny Depp is a pretty disturbing Willy Wonka.
Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2010

I love it But i was freaked out when i was 6 of the giant blueberry i was so!!!!!!!!! scared its rated PG for mild therating themes
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bybettydog May 13, 2009

Watch this with your kids. If they are old enough to read the book, they are old enough to watch the movie. My daughter is a huge Roald Dahl fan and thought the movie was entertaining.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Name calling is inapproaite!!

In this day and age, with as many eyes and ears this movie passes to get to the big screen I find it very unappriate to have such politically incorrect name calling. AS a mother of a child with Down Syndrome, I do not like movies with such name calling as RETARD. To me its no different than racial slurs or religious slander.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bychellemomof2 April 9, 2008

Very Good! If you liked the 1st one, you'll love this one!

Up until the moment I entered the theater I was afraid that I wouldn't like it as much as the 1st one, but must say they did a very good job. I liked how they went more into Charlie's family life before finding the Golden Ticket and how they went into Wonka's past to help explain alot. I took my 11 yr old and 2 yr old and they both loved it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byChaarli & the C... April 9, 2008

I laughed!

This was a great movie! I'd suggest it for all ages. My friend and I saw it at a birthday party in October 2005 and we still laugh about it today.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Whats the whole point!

Kid, 5 years old April 9, 2008

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

THE WORST MOVIE EVER! I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD!!! BUT IT ISN'T AND THEY INSULTED MY FAVORITE RIDE!!! Anyway, the point is: Do not see this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook Girl April 9, 2008

Totally Awesome!!!!!!

This movie was amazing. It was the first movie I have ever seen with Depp in it. He did a fantastic job. I watched it again and again. I loved Wonka's expresions with his eyes. I only think they used the word devil one time. Wonka turned to the kid and said,"You your the little devil who cracked the system." That was the only bad word I heard in the whole movie. This movie will have you laughing thoughout the whole thing. I like it 100% better than the old one. If you haven't seen this movie you nedd to see it now. It dosen't get any better than this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Very Funny

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory definitely isn't Tim Burton's best and it's not as good as the excellent book, but it's still hilarious and imaginative fun. Far better than the overrated original. Good for kids 5 or 6+
Adult Written byjsheffey April 9, 2008

fun!

I loved this movie, and I loved watching my daughter while she watched it - she thought everything was fun - my daughter (who is 2 1/2) by the way - loves all sorts of movies (even scary, but that's for another time) - what she picks up on is how everyone smiles and the dancing and the colors... note to those who didn't like it - TELL US WHY!!!! I read reviews and straight negative ones with no explanation DON"T HELP!!!!! thanks!
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Not what I expected but still great fun!

Wow, I was dead set against another remake of this one as Gene Wilder was such a great Willy Wonka but I was pleasantly surprised by Johnny Depp. It was definitely it's own version with some weird new ideas and slight variations in the script. Still delightful and fun for kids and adults alike!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Great movie

I loved this movie! Not the best for Depp but still pretty good :)