All member reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 14, 2012

Good and magical Johnny Depp film

A good movie for kids. Johnny Depp portrays Willi Wonka greatly. The old version, Willi Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is just as good as this one, so if you enjoyed one of them, you should definitely watch the other.
Parent Written byJLFM May 13, 2012

There's nothing objective here, but it's a little dark, and a little twisted, but I loved it anyway

Teen, 14 years old Written byEricCarrRulez April 28, 2012

Read The Review ~

Whimsical and Wonderful! : )
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

Awesome stuff!

I'm pretty much in with the popularity of this movie.It is bright,it is colorful,and it is funny! The voice acting isn't bad either.This movie is GREAT!
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Terrific

This is a great remake and stays very close to the book. After watching this terrific film, kids will want to read the book. Johnny Depp is a pretty disturbing Willy Wonka.
Kid, 10 years old January 25, 2012

scaryer then the first one

i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i say this is 4/5 because this version is not as good as the other version
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2012

Edgey but good

Tim Burton does it again! A great take on the book, edgey but good.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2011

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

i never saw the original, but i love chocolate so i was like, what the heck? so when i saw it on disney channel, i was like, OMG, johnny depp is in this movie so it has to good! and believe it or not, i was so right!!! this is the best movie about chocolate EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! watch it now people!!!!! WATCH IT!!!
Kid, 8 years old December 29, 2011

A+ and D- at times

Quirky.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrosscountry1357 December 14, 2011

Great Movie for ages six and up!

I loved this movie. Charlie is a great role model, and is always helping his family out. The other children in the movie are not good role models, and mostly only care about themselves. It is a funny movie which is sort of a little dark. For children under six, I wouldn't recommend it, because it may be a little scary. Otherwise I loved the movie and think everyone should watch it.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2011

Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

A beautiful film. A film that each individual should see. Don't miss it.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

drama horror

scary but cool
Teen, 14 years old Written byjw1709 July 27, 2011

Bad Language

it has more than one use of the H word
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2011

Fine for all ages!

Better then the first!
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

A great movie from a great book

Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2011

Super special effects!

It's not as good as "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory" but it has way more special effects! Freddie Highmore is an amazing actor and so is Johnny Depp.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 26, 2011

A dark version to the old Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, but just as good and even better

I still can't believe that the chocolateer is Johnny Depp, but I guess that just proves how good of an actor he is. If your reading this and your an adult, you can obviously tell this is a bit more twisted the old film you watched when you were a kid. This may cause the parents not to enjoy this as much as the kids will.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 January 3, 2011

Love Tim Burton, but-

I dont like when he reimagines stuff. This was a pretty bad movie. Bad acting, boring story, a horrible Charlie, and THAT STUPID SONG! I guess Johnny Depp did an okay job, but not the best. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is much better. D.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2010

Amazing. just wow.

This totally overrules the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!! I love it! Put Tim Burton, (an amazing director of many famous movies), and Johnny Depp (the best actor EVER) together and you got the best well put movie ever! The storyline is pretty much the same as the book and previous movie, and has a bright, preppy side, which will catch many audiences eyes! There is very impressive acting, and I love the end! This is a great movie that is DEFINATLY WORTH WATCHING!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2010