All member reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.

Kid, 8 years old December 29, 2011

A+ and D- at times

Quirky.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrosscountry1357 December 14, 2011

Great Movie for ages six and up!

I loved this movie. Charlie is a great role model, and is always helping his family out. The other children in the movie are not good role models, and mostly only care about themselves. It is a funny movie which is sort of a little dark. For children under six, I wouldn't recommend it, because it may be a little scary. Otherwise I loved the movie and think everyone should watch it.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2011

Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

A beautiful film. A film that each individual should see. Don't miss it.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

drama horror

scary but cool
Teen, 14 years old Written byjw1709 July 27, 2011

Bad Language

it has more than one use of the H word
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2011

Fine for all ages!

Better then the first!
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

A great movie from a great book

Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2011

Super special effects!

It's not as good as "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory" but it has way more special effects! Freddie Highmore is an amazing actor and so is Johnny Depp.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 26, 2011

A dark version to the old Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, but just as good and even better

I still can't believe that the chocolateer is Johnny Depp, but I guess that just proves how good of an actor he is. If your reading this and your an adult, you can obviously tell this is a bit more twisted the old film you watched when you were a kid. This may cause the parents not to enjoy this as much as the kids will.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 January 3, 2011

Love Tim Burton, but-

I dont like when he reimagines stuff. This was a pretty bad movie. Bad acting, boring story, a horrible Charlie, and THAT STUPID SONG! I guess Johnny Depp did an okay job, but not the best. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is much better. D.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2010

Amazing. just wow.

This totally overrules the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!! I love it! Put Tim Burton, (an amazing director of many famous movies), and Johnny Depp (the best actor EVER) together and you got the best well put movie ever! The storyline is pretty much the same as the book and previous movie, and has a bright, preppy side, which will catch many audiences eyes! There is very impressive acting, and I love the end! This is a great movie that is DEFINATLY WORTH WATCHING!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2010
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

Awesomeness!

This is a great movie. I don't know why some people like the old one better but this one is much closer to the book, and there's nothing too scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 May 28, 2010

The movie is not as good as the original, but better actor as Charlie

the only thing I really liked about this movie is the kid who played Charlie, he always plays the good roles in each movie he's in!
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2010

Great for ages 4+

AWOSOME!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRaffyGylerSiowSiow April 22, 2010
Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2010
I love it But i was freaked out when i was 6 of the giant blueberry i was so!!!!!!!!! scared its rated PG for mild therating themes
Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2010
I love this movie! This movie is sooooo funny. GOD I WISH I COULD SEE IT AGAIN!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

Really good, and Funny!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is really good. It it is funny, and Johnny Depp is really good! It is really funny too. It has no scary parts at all. Well Done Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2010

good but scary

Okay very scary for my little bro the dolls losing their eyeballs is horrific