All member reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.

Age

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

Awesomeness!

This is a great movie. I don't know why some people like the old one better but this one is much closer to the book, and there's nothing too scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 May 28, 2010

The movie is not as good as the original, but better actor as Charlie

the only thing I really liked about this movie is the kid who played Charlie, he always plays the good roles in each movie he's in!
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2010

Great for ages 4+

AWOSOME!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRaffyGylerSiowSiow April 22, 2010

Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2010

I love it But i was freaked out when i was 6 of the giant blueberry i was so!!!!!!!!! scared its rated PG for mild therating themes
Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2010

I love this movie! This movie is sooooo funny. GOD I WISH I COULD SEE IT AGAIN!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

Really good, and Funny!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is really good. It it is funny, and Johnny Depp is really good! It is really funny too. It has no scary parts at all. Well Done Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2010

good but scary

Okay very scary for my little bro the dolls losing their eyeballs is horrific
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2010

ok

Its ok
Parent of a 14 year old Written byConservativeMommy December 23, 2009

This was a clever rendition of an old classic. My only problem with it was the mother of Violet is portrayed sexually by the showing of too much cleavage. She is clearly dressed to show off her bust and the camera takes full advantage of this at times. Otherwise the movie was fine for me. Just be aware of this.
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2009

A-OK

this movie isnt very good or fantastic but it is not awful or bad. I just say it's a fine movie and people who like movies about about adventure should probably try watching it and most of those people probably wont find themselves dissapointed.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

A 3-Star Good Family Movie

This is one of my favorite movies, although I like the older version bettter. Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors but I think he wasn't fit out for the part of Willy Wonka. But he did really GOOD!
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2009

Parent of a 3, 6, and 7 year old Written byMistyLomas November 10, 2009

Fun for all ages!

My kids watch this and love it! It is not too scary, but interesting enough to hold their attention. There may be some concerns about the dynamics between parents and their kids, but it is not something that you can't explain to your children (even my 3 year old understood that their behavior was unacceptable). Great for family movie night!
Adult Written byLady Marmalade October 30, 2009

A bit of a let-down in my opinion-

I have to admit, my daughter (17), son (5), and I, were all a bit disappionted by this version of the Roald Dhal story. The humour was cuttingly sarcastic at points- which of course my little on didn't like or understand, and Willy Wonka was much colder than we had expected, which none of us liked or understood the need for. I suppose it would be a wonderful experiance for anyone who hadn't read the book or watched the earlier movie adaption, but for all our anticipation we found it rather lacking the same amount of sheer joy that we had come to associate with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

appropriate for all ages

I think charlie and the chocolate factory is a cute and funny kids movie i loved it!! it has great family values and i think it is appropriate for all ages
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009

AHHHHHHHH

HOLY BANANAS! WHY THE HECK DID THEY PUT JOHNNY DEPP IN THIS HORRID MOVIE! STAY IN PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN,JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!GAHHHH! All actors are horrible,does not follow the book at all, and SUCKS!
Kid, 9 years old August 28, 2009

Awesome

Love it sooooooooooooo much
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 20, 2009

Brilliant to say the least

Depp does a superb if not creepy version of the world's most beloved chocaltier. It's extremely funny and quirky, great for friends and family night!
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009

Candy Crazy Movie

It's a fun movie, but it can some-what encourage children to eat lots of sweets. It's violent because of all if the mean children and how they treat Charlie. The film has bad role models because Mr. Willie Wonka ran away from home at a very young age just to taste all the candies of the world.