All member reviews for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Bright, spirited, and edgy version of Willy Wonka.

Teen, 13 years old Written byn3v3r April 9, 2008

It was pretty good

It was good, but not the best movie I've ever seen. I liked it and thought it was funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

A Good Movie

I liked this movie, I think that it's the perfect movie for the family, but it may be a bit creepy for kids under 6.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykidreviewer April 9, 2008

Good Kid's Movie

I saw this movie with a few of my friends, and all of us had a great time. It was interesting, funny, and just different enough from the original version to still be interesting. Johnny Depp's character was very weird, but he did a good job in the role. The humor with the senial grandmother was a bit cruel, but funny all the same. This is a great movie for any child 6 and older.

Pretty funny.....

I liked it. Plus, hell is not a bad word! I also thought it was slightly dark, but still some light peeking out in the movie. If you HATED the original you'll LOVE this one. I liked the 1st one and the remake. Pretty good, not bad.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

terrible

7+ if you loved the 1st you will not love it

entertaining !

weird and ofton fast-paced but reflects the humour (and odd-ness) of the original book more than the first film,it also has AMAZING computer effects to transform the 4 children.
Adult Written bychellemomof2 April 9, 2008

Very Good! If you liked the 1st one, you'll love this one!

Up until the moment I entered the theater I was afraid that I wouldn't like it as much as the 1st one, but must say they did a very good job. I liked how they went more into Charlie's family life before finding the Golden Ticket and how they went into Wonka's past to help explain alot. I took my 11 yr old and 2 yr old and they both loved it.
Adult Written byFlower April 9, 2008

Cool Candy Factory

This movie will appeal to both kids and adults, but for different reasons. The kids will like the colors and special effects. The adults will actually get the satire. Nice contrast between the cold grey world of Charlie's family and the colorful world of Willie Wonka. Interesting mix of the old fashioned with the modern.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquertydog April 9, 2008

A bit weird but excellent!!!

This film was the highlight of my summer movies--with the exception of Star Wars III @ midnight! It had lots of stuff from the book, it wasn't (in my opinion) too--you know I can't find anything wrong--I dunno why. Oh, loved music....
Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byChaarli & the C... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Good movie for all ages

I laughed!

This was a great movie! I'd suggest it for all ages. My friend and I saw it at a birthday party in October 2005 and we still laugh about it today.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Whats the whole point!

Kid, 5 years old April 9, 2008

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

THE WORST MOVIE EVER! I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD!!! BUT IT ISN'T AND THEY INSULTED MY FAVORITE RIDE!!! Anyway, the point is: Do not see this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook Girl April 9, 2008

Totally Awesome!!!!!!

This movie was amazing. It was the first movie I have ever seen with Depp in it. He did a fantastic job. I watched it again and again. I loved Wonka's expresions with his eyes. I only think they used the word devil one time. Wonka turned to the kid and said,"You your the little devil who cracked the system." That was the only bad word I heard in the whole movie. This movie will have you laughing thoughout the whole thing. I like it 100% better than the old one. If you haven't seen this movie you nedd to see it now. It dosen't get any better than this.
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byKeds43@aol.com April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Very Funny

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory definitely isn't Tim Burton's best and it's not as good as the excellent book, but it's still hilarious and imaginative fun. Far better than the overrated original. Good for kids 5 or 6+