All member reviews for Charlie St. Cloud

Poignant Efron drama too intense for younger fans.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBishopberry August 15, 2010

Strange, but Good

This movie was very strange. I thought Zac Efron put on an absolutely wonderful performance, but the movie as a whole wasn't that interesting. There is one scene in which the two main characters have sex, but nothing too graphic is shown. I think the overall message of the movie, to live your life as well as you can and let go of things that happened in the past, is a very good one. This movie has a sad/depressing tone almost the whole way through. I might not recommend it.
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants January 23, 2011

powerful but heart breaking movie is to intense for kids

s**t is used 4 times ass is used 3 times and d**k is used 2 times there is drunk people and a kid is killed
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2011

Great Movie

This movie was awesome! Charlie was an amazing brother and it was so sad when the car accident occured. it was confusing at times but it all tied together at the end. charlie was a bery devoted brother to Sam and i really liked that part. Charlie aslo showed to care about others when he saved a girls life who everyone thought had died. You have to see this movie. It's AWESOME!
Adult Written bynammy July 31, 2010

I loved the book and was very excited about the movie. I was afraid that Zac Efron's leading role might turn into nothing more than a teenie-bopper's delight and spoil the message of the story, Instead, Zac has turned the corner and become a true actor and leading man! The story followed the book fairly closely, but may be hard to undeerstand the first time through. My biggest disappointment was with the ending. The change the writer made was huge and completely unnecessary. It diminished the deepest meaning of the story. The few bad; words were barely noticeable, and the romance was implied more that shown. Charlie's grief at his brother's death was hard to watch. My advice, read the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJill5678 January 5, 2011

Love it!

I really like this movie. It is very capturing and has a great plot. I enjoyed watching it with my family :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

this movie is so sad!
Teen, 17 years old Written byEmandCamMovies December 29, 2010

THis movie was great! There was nothing I wouldn't let a 10 year old see. I think it might be just a little to intence for a 9 year old. There was very light sexual content nothing that you couldn't fast forward through. I'm concerned a little about some of the violence because there is a very intense car acciident but there is little gore! Also there was an inspireing message near the end. But I strongly recomend to a parent that is considering letting their child watch this to not only base their final decision on their childs age and to also think about their childs matureity level.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2011

Good for Tweens and teens and adults

Awesome movie! A little Violent involving Drunk Driving, Car accidents and Deaths. Mild Language, And some Sensuality, But its rated PG-13 for something right? Awesome movie and perfect for a Tween Sleepover!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMarilynMansonLover September 8, 2010

To complex for younger viewers.

This was surprisingly a really good movie! Zac Efron is actually a really good actor. All I have to say is if you have young kids do not i repeat DO NOT take younger kids to see this a couple behind us in the theater made that mistake and all their kids did the whole movie was ask questions about what was going on and what words meant and then they freaked out on the kissing scenes and turned away and made there parents tell them once they were done kissing! It was very annoying. little kids just cant comprehend this movie very well its way to complex for them.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

Made my top 5 movie list

This was a great movie! I'd love to watch it 10 more times! It's sad, but a great story. Plus Zac Efron is super cute! Great sleepover movie :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byalexachaldolol November 16, 2010

it was good but no younger children

i think it was a good movie but no one under 10 can watch
Teen, 14 years old Written byribbonsandlove January 1, 2011

A great movie for anyone over thirteen:)

I loved this movie! I thought the story was very well told and that the cast was very strong in their roles. The film made you both laugh and cry, making it a very interesting viewing experience. I would not recommend this to anyone under the age of thirteen due to the occasional sexual content and use of alcohol.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGeorgie1234 July 30, 2010

Perfect for kids over age 11 due to a sexual scene

I thought Charlie st. Cloud was a very moving film. However there is one scene that may not be appropriate for children under the age 11. It is a sexual content scene but does not show nudity or detail. Clothes remain on. But it might still be inappropriate for kids under 11. Otherwise Charlie st. Cloud is a very good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse April 2, 2011

Boring pretty slow movie

It was pretty boring once it got towards the end I was happy it was almost over this movie has a car accident which kills the main characters brother and the main character almost dies himself also it has some language but not horrible and some romance between Tess and the main character
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2010

Awesome Movie
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 11, 2010

Charlie St.Cloud is a awesome movie great for older teens but this movie has some heavy themes that maybe too much for your younger kids such as loss and tragedy and parents you need to know that charlie st.cloud has some mild violence such as a car accident scene and a little fight scene at a bar also there is some sensuality such as passionate kissing and talking about getting laid there is also some language used and some underage drinking this movie has a powerful message it is said that not to live in the past and that the best way out of tragedy is to take one step at a time toward joy, no matter how difficult it may seem. It also says that putting off a dream doesn't mean losing it completely also for the role model charlie is a good but he's so dedicated and loyal that his own needs go by the wayside. He doesn’t know how to manage his grief and instead drowns in it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbs December 31, 2010

watch out parents

i loved that movie. however, kids my age should NOT see it. its extremely hard to watchin parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjongoalkeeper24 May 27, 2011

Depressing....... But great Movie!!

Loved it!! There were several strong messages sent in this film. It does get hard for younger kids to understand what is going on. It's a great movie and you should definitely see it!! It showed what living in the past can do to you and what REAL love is!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 28, 2011

Very good, very emotional. Teens and up.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for mature thematic material, language including sexual references, an intense accident scene and some sexuality. I used to HATE Zac Efron, but after seeing this movie, I don't. This movie was very good, and I'll admit: it was very sad. The emotional intensity of this movie alone would give this movie a PG-13 even without anything "inappropriate". I do not cry easily, but I was crying my eyes out 10 minutes into the movie. Very very sad. I never cried so hard in a movie before in my life.
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2011

Good move, but WAY to confusing

It was an ok movie. It just made no sense how tess and charlie were doing things together like he would do with sam, but tess isn't dead. How is it possible to have a catch with someone who is not alive? Other than that is and ok movie, but it really just didn't make any sense. Even my mom didn't get it!