All member reviews for Charlotte's Web (2006)

Enchanting take on a beloved children's classic.

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2010

Such a cute movie, haven't seen it in a while though. :(
Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2009

a great movie/book

i think charlott's web is a heartworming movie it also is great for the whole family.the book is great too.
Written byAnonymous September 7, 2014

Potty humor In adorable live action remake of classic

My rating:PG for mild rude humor
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

awesome for everyone

i love the book and the movie..... they are awesome..
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2011

Good

Nice movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bySara_diamonds April 16, 2009

Heart warming!

This movie is so cute! The animals are gorgeous and loveable. Wilbur the pig is caring for athers and this displays that one of the best things you can do is a person is to put others before yourself. Charlotte the spider may look like an ugly, scary, spider but she really is kind and beautiful on the inside, this tells people who watch this movie to never judge others by the way they look because looks don't matter. When Charlotte died this made made me cry to the point that I had used most of the tissues in the tissue box! Very nice movie.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bymathmom April 9, 2008

Amazing special effects with a heart

I saw this movie with my kids 6 and 9, both of you got choked up, but loved it. As someone who loved the animated version with Paul Lynde as Templeton, I thought this was a wonderful homage to both that version and E.B. White's wonderful book. All of the voices were extremely well-cast. Humorous moments help eleviate the tension and sadness of the death of the wonderful friend Charlotte. One of the best parts of this film was the CGI animation of Charlotte spinning her webs. This was done from the "spider's eye view" with the camera moving in ways that never could have been accomplished without CGI (in my opinion). It's amazing to see for any adult interested in computer graphics. A wonderful movie for the whole family, and any adults who are just curious about CGI. Great message about the possiblity of miracles happening everyday around us, but we are not observant enough or open to seeing them.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAbbyJMom January 9, 2011

One of my favorites

My daughter has loved this movie since she was 3. No scary parts, the only real concern is the topic of death, but I found this movie helped my daughter understand death, which unfortunately we had to deal. It encourages imagination, love, friendship, perseverence and many more qualities that I want to install in my daughter.
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2009

sad (sigh)

The part when charlotte died made me cry. i mean like she was so nice
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2009

Adult Written byjillianlovescats April 9, 2008

Charlotte's Web rocks!

Dakota Fanning plays a great role as Fern!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydylan sprouse April 9, 2008

i laught

itz good................
Parent of a 5 year old Written byoakparkveggie April 9, 2008

Great!

My 4 year old son and I saw this film and loved it!! The only thing that was a minor issue was the subject of them killing Wilbur (we're animal lovers and vegetarians.) Every time it was brought up, he asked me if they were going to kill him. I just had to assure him that they weren't and he was fine. He wasn't sad at all when Charlotte died- it was very subtle. I was the one whoi was fighting back tears at the end.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byDylan the reliable October 17, 2014

Great movie for everyone. The main character (Fern) stands up for what she believes in the whole movie. The whole movie is how Wilbur the pig plans to survive through Christmas without being the dinner. Templeton has a bad attitude through most of the movie, making rude jokes about how Wilbur is pork and people eat pork. Also, at the end, the sweet spider dies and it is a heartwrencher. But it is a great movie with many funny innocent scenes.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byhmjudd September 14, 2013

Wholesome family movie based on classic book

wholesome family movie with little if anything to take exception to.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 10, 2013

Some Terrific Radiant Humble Movie

This is among the sweetest friendship stories in the world. It's about a pig named Wilbur who is saved from an early death by a little girl named Fern. Later Wilbur's taken to Zuccerman's barn where he befriends a kind spider named Charlotte. Upon realizing the fate of a pig, Wilbur becomes very worried, and Charlotte tells him she'll not let them kill him. This is a very sweet story, but the ending is somewhat sad(but heartwarming). You know what happens but I'll say it (spoiler:Charlotte dies). .The characters are charming, the movie's often funny and the message is sweet. Charlotte tells Wilbur that just by being her friend, he made her beautiful to the barn and the words she said are what she saw by the way the young pig acted. Charming and heartwarming.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Decent remake much like the sequel to the original

For some reason, the site says this is actually better than the original animated version. Sorry, but I think you got them backwards. That said, don't think I don't like this movie. I'm just saying that the original is the best version. But they did a great job with the remake. They also made a decent sequel to the original a few years before, in 2003. The sequel is called Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure. It's recommended for fans of the original and the remake. 8.5/10
Parent of a 6 year old Written byMGYJ November 29, 2012

Truly gentle but never boring.

My child is very sensitive to violence and stressful situations in movies (turns away in almost all chasing scenes in cartoons - which are plenty). This is the first movie she was able to see from beginning to end without looking away at all. She saw it at 5 and loved it and often asks to watch it again. It is gentle but never boring. It presents a couple of "violent" situations (like the possibility for the main character to be killed for food at Christmas) but does so without using an over dramatic tone which reduces considerably the stress of the situation for sensitive children (like mine). Highly recommended.