All member reviews for Chasing Mavericks

Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2013

Chasing Mavericks

This movie about a boy named jay who learns that the famous Mavericks really do exist so he found a surfer (Frosty) who rode the Mavericks to train him. Jay goes through some difficulties in life to get to his dream but overcomes them when riding the Mavericks. This movie was really inspiring to me because it showed me how much he wasn't appreciated by other people and I should make a difference in my life to do that but with a lot of bags to carry on his shoulders he still overcomes it to follow his dreams.
Teen, 13 years old Written byredskinfan10 May 23, 2013

Chasing Mavericks

This movie was about a young boy who didn't have a bad and grew up in a home without a dad and in a very small home. He find him self finding his neighbor acting like a dad to him. He was planning on reaching a goal so big it took allot of training. He gets to his goal and fails nut doesn't give up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymkohler May 23, 2013

Chasing a dream

This story was about a young surfer who goes to accomplish his goal of surfing a maverick. He has to face many challenges as a young boy and then later as a teenager. It was an inspiring story. The scenery was beautiful and the storyline was great and it had a few twists to it. I really like this movie and would recommend it to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac6 May 23, 2013

Chasing Mavericks reveiw

This movie is a great movie about a young boy named Jay. Jay's dream was to ride the great wave called the Mavericks. Jay was taught how to ride this wave by a man who has ridden it before who is nick-named Frosty. This movie has a great message telling us that we could do anything and/or get better at something if we perservere and believe in ourselves!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong May 23, 2013

Not so hot

I could never really get into this movie. I found it very boring and pointless. The ending is also very disappointing. I wouldn't spend your time watching it. There is one kiss and some drug dealing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byB-Capps22 April 16, 2013

Good movie

Chasing Mavericks is a very inspirational movie. It shows how sometimes things can be hard. Like trying to follow things you want to do but sometimes you have to go through training like Jay did. It also shows how some friends aren't really your friend just for the things you have or do but they can leave you. The positive role models in this movie were Frosty and Jay. The only language was offensive names against each other but nothing bad. This was a very good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClancyR April 16, 2013

Chasing mavericks is a go

I think Chasing Mavericks was action packed. It will make you sad and happy. Jay the main character is not the best role model but the man that trains him is a great role model. Overall I think this is a very great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjordan bradshaw April 16, 2013

Coolest movie ever!

Chasing mavericks shows a very positive message about family relationships, mentors. In this movie jay is pushed a lot by frosty to make sure he realizes how hard this will or may be .also as a kid or teenager his dad walked out not even saying goodbye so he had no man or mentoring his life until he met frosty the man who trained and watched him conquer the mavericks. He lived like there was no tomorrow. This movie is based off a true story. Also this movie shows if you actually get up and try to the best of your abilities to conquer what your trying you will eventually reach your goal. Again chasing the mavericks is a great movie and I would recommend this movie to every age and absolutely everybody!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDream_On_Dreamer April 16, 2013

Good Movie, Five Stars

This movie is about a young boy who dreams of becoming a surfer.It has a good point in picking your true friends and having a good relationship with your family. I has some consumerism and one of the main character is also a "Drug Dealer". Other than that I have to rate it *Five Stars* for the Creativity and Inspirational thought that was put into it. It does say "Oh my God" and has insults from characters to other characters, Like "Little Trash" or "Bozo". But it does have good role models, and a good point to life! :D
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2013

Good message

Chasing mavericks is a movie about a kid named Jay who loves to surf. His dad left him when he was younger to go into the military and hasn't come back. One night he hears his friend Frosty's truck turn on at night and he goes out to follow it. He jumps on top and rides it and it stops on a cliff. Frosty gets out and other people are there waiting for frosty to go surf a famous wave that they thought was fake called the mavericks. Immidatly Jay wants to surf the wave, and when they get back he asks Frosty if he can learn to surf the wave. Frosty says no, but his wife talks him into it. Jay slowly learns how to surf the mavericks and I will not spoil anymore. This is a great movie and I reccomend it to families.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKayla502802 April 16, 2013

The movie that need to CHANGE the ending =)

This movie has a great lesson for kids on how to chase there dreams.As Jay did.He found a friend that loved and cared for him. Frosty showed him how to surf the mavericks and then he marries the girl he's liked for a long long time and then he died at the end that was why I gave it a for
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnieC April 16, 2013

Positive message

Chasing Mavericks is about Jay Moriarty and his historic surfing on mavericks. It tells about all the training and struggles he went through to get ready for it. At times, his mentor, Frosty, is hard on Jay, but its just his way of showing his love. There are some sad scenes, but its a very positive movie with a lot of moral lessons. Overall it's a great movie.