All member reviews for Chicken Little

Cute, colorful, mostly lively fun; ages 7 and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011

not scary.good movie
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2010

Chicken Bigger

This was a very creative spoof of that "the sky is falling" chicken story. Although it wasn't the most interesting movie ever, it did have some funny and emotional moments. It was a pretty good movie, and it's cool to see.
Adult Written byemerld232 April 9, 2008

Age Range for this move is 5+

I thought this movie a bit scary for the under 5 set and I couldnt' believe how many toddlers there were. They also should have cut a couple of scenes to tighten up the move, felt draggy in a couple of places and I didn't need to see 3+ sad scenes with CL and his Dad.
Adult Written bypeajay64 April 9, 2008

Too violent for little ones

OK, so I found out the hard way that this movie was too violent for my 3-1/2 year old daughter. She cried a couple of times at the loud noises and machines and moments of danger for the characters (I think she cried 3 times). However, she was able to follow the story without a problem One of my main comments is for Disney. Why do they INSIST on their animated movies having no mother figure in them? Let me elaborate. Are there mothers in any of the following Disney movies? Bambi? The Fox and the Hound? Cinderella? and now Chicken Little? Sheesh! Mom's can be tough, but do we have to be written out of every kids movie? In fact, we're even KILLED off in some of them. How sad.
Adult Written byshoegirl April 9, 2008

Questionable innuendos we can do without

Why does Disney insist in shoehorning in adult innuendo into every kids movie? The overweight and squeamish boy is told he'll lose "his Streisand record collection." Why this gay slur? Sure it will go over most kids heads, but who needs it? Then a reference to an "intervention" and the kids sing a song about "being my lover. The misfit girl is called "ugly" by her classmates. Throughout the movie she refers to Chicken Little needing "closure" with his Dad because all the magazines say so. Kids will never get this, so obviously it's aimed at adults. Why bother? Why can't they make all the dialogue in kids movies funny FOR THE KIDS???? The adults will surely laugh along with the kiddie humor, but the adult stuff is lost on the kids. At least it should be.
Adult Written byM3 April 9, 2008

Be my lover?

Am I the only one that has a problem with a little girl character singing along to a song asking "will you be my lover"? My five year-old enjoyed the movie, but it is a very thin story jam-packed with music sequences to popular songs. This was used effectively in the Shreck movies, but it's over done in Chicken Little. Stereotypes are used, and as usual one of the parents (the mother) is dead.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2015

I still kinda like it

I hate to admit it but I still kind of like the jokes in the film.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byJulie St-F March 18, 2015

Cute, Sweet

Although it had a few moments that might frighten very small children, there was very little violent or scary. Some nice messages about self-acceptance, and not judging a book based on it's cover. Didn't love the joke at the end where the fox got turned into a girl. Underlying message that being a girl was less desirable than being a boy. This joke didn't jive with much of the rest of the film, which suggested that it was OK to be non-conformative.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnoopylove87 September 9, 2014

Buck McCluck- Bad Parent

There was a time where I enjoyed watching this movie. It was nostalgic and I used to like it- until I watched Mr. Enter (TheMysteriousMrEnter on Youtube) review it and I sat back and realized that the movie ain't a masterpiece. It has a very confused plot line- it could have just stopped when Chicken Little won the baseball game and he wishes on the star. It would have been saved that way- but you just HAD to add the extra references and the huge aliens. Buck McCluck? He's a bad rolemodel. He practically neglects his son and HE'S the one who's embarrassed. Think of your son: he wouldn't want to throw all of his popularity and positive attention away because nothing happened. Maybe you should believe your own child or just ask WHY he threw it all away. The characters are either flat or total jerks. The only thing that makes you root for Chicken Little is pity for him because Buck McCluck is a jerkface. The romance between Abby and Chicken Little is unnecessary. The only original song in the movie is "One Little Slip" and it's a decent song- the rest are just references. I can't believe DISNEY of all people made this and it's disappointing.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Cute animation is funny but has some scary moments.

When I was 3, I watched this. This was the first movie I ever watched in my whole entire life, and I loved it so much! It became one of my favorite movies of all time! Although, it does have some intense sequences and a few sexual references, it is not enough to make pre-teens not be able to handle it. Although it is G, I personally would give it to PG. Plus, although characters get vaporized, they all survive. But the movies' message is fantastic and is funny. But for a G movie, it is just too violent. My MPAA Rating: Rated PG for a few intense sequences of sci-fiction action and violence and a few sexual references. All involving kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2013

A-okay film, needs attention though!

This film is a-okay, the reason why I rated this up to 8 to up is because there is mild sexy stuff, lots of violence, good hard work, leadership, Chicken Little in the beginning tells the story that he thought the sky is falling, but everyone believes it's a acorn. Abby a.k.a as the ugly duckling and Runt of the litter are good role models, but I would recall Abby more. I like the baseball scene because it teaches Chicken Little a new sport and at the end of that scene he's on the team and he's won the game even everybody congratulates him. Back to where I was before, this is not for 7 or younger. There are lots of alien invasions. At the end of the movie, the true story is played and everyone congratulates the movie and Chicken Little. The end credits are really cool through the song from Elton John and Kiki Dee's Don't go breaking my Heart, then Disney's former Cheetah Girls singing Shake Your Tail Feather. I give this a 3/5 for good effort and hard work.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Lowest rated in the canon at Rotten Tomatoes actually ain't half bad

The alien imagery is a bit much, but it's good overall. The baseball scene and father-son bonding after it and at the end are the best parts. I love how they spoofed The Lion King in the opening. ("Doesn't it sound familiar to you?") Great for a quick laugh. 7.5/10
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 22, 2012

Fun.

Chicken Little reminds me of a classic movie (except it's in CGI).It's really funny,great acting,ect.The aliens in the movie make it better for ages 7 and up.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 15, 2012

chicken little

Families can talk about the relationship between the father and son, as Chicken Little wants so desperately to please his dad. How might his father show more faith in his son, rather than expecting the worst? How might Chicken Little trust his father to appreciate his own interests and identity, rather than trying so hard to be the son he imagines his father "wants" (that is, a baseball player like his father was)?
Adult Written byJEDI micah August 26, 2012

Little guy, BIG MOVIE!!!

When I first saw this movie, I did not expect aliens to be in it! The aliens may actually frighten some little kids, but the laughs they will get from the characters will probably make them forget how scary they look! It is a cute movie for the whole family to watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 26, 2012

Good for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byI love cartoons! March 4, 2012

OMG emerald232!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean they should've cut out some scene's! This was a movie ment for kids. Why do you not like when chicken little and abby kiss? Well get over it! I do not like your reveiws!
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

Kind of Bad

Another one of Disney's low points. The voice of the chicken sounded weird
Kid, 9 years old May 10, 2011

it is cool parents might like it two
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 April 4, 2011

some scenes can be scary but not that bad.