All parent member reviews for Chicken Little

Adult Written bynaymatune April 9, 2008
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 29, 2009

theres lots of.....................

theres lots of vilonce and peril but still very good and very very funny.
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byRebecca Randall April 9, 2008
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 14, 2011

OK for grade school kids

There are some moments that scared my 3-year-old daughter when she first saw it, and my then-5-year-old son got upset at some of the father-son conflict, but it all comes OK out in the end. Like so many kids' movies today, it tries to work in pop culture gags for grown-ups though none will earn more than smile. There's some sweet moments and even a few witty undercurrents, but mostly it's just a passably cute diversion for the under-10 set.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 24, 2010
Really good film loved it when it came in fact i watch it sometimes with my gf
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byjohnjt April 13, 2009

Funny, but fast paced and scary parts for younger kids.

While there is funny content, the story jumps from step to step far too quickly, as is often the case too many insider adult jokes and the quick devolution into killer aliens was quite scary for the younger kids. Also, as others noted, using things like "wanna be my lover" and other content seems more of a tool for a "sure thing laugh" rather than creative content that stands by itself. Again as others said: why unspoken the missing parent? Really? Needed? That all being said, I was laughing myself. I think keeping it at least to a mature 6 year old and up is warranted, if only for the killer aliens.
Parent Written byjpschouest April 9, 2008
Very entertaining.
Adult Written byemerld232 April 9, 2008

Age Range for this move is 5+

I thought this movie a bit scary for the under 5 set and I couldnt' believe how many toddlers there were. They also should have cut a couple of scenes to tighten up the move, felt draggy in a couple of places and I didn't need to see 3+ sad scenes with CL and his Dad.
Adult Written byM3 April 9, 2008

Be my lover?

Am I the only one that has a problem with a little girl character singing along to a song asking "will you be my lover"? My five year-old enjoyed the movie, but it is a very thin story jam-packed with music sequences to popular songs. This was used effectively in the Shreck movies, but it's over done in Chicken Little. Stereotypes are used, and as usual one of the parents (the mother) is dead.
Parent Written byzeuann April 9, 2008

cute, but not the best disney movie

This was a cute movie. I did take my 2 1/2 yr old & she loved it. The other 2 young children we were with also enjoyed the movie. I would be careful if your child is sensitive (my 6 yr old would of had a hard time). The mass panick scenes could be scary for some. All in all this was a cute movie, but not one of the better Disney movies out there.
Adult Written bypeajay64 April 9, 2008

Too violent for little ones

OK, so I found out the hard way that this movie was too violent for my 3-1/2 year old daughter. She cried a couple of times at the loud noises and machines and moments of danger for the characters (I think she cried 3 times). However, she was able to follow the story without a problem One of my main comments is for Disney. Why do they INSIST on their animated movies having no mother figure in them? Let me elaborate. Are there mothers in any of the following Disney movies? Bambi? The Fox and the Hound? Cinderella? and now Chicken Little? Sheesh! Mom's can be tough, but do we have to be written out of every kids movie? In fact, we're even KILLED off in some of them. How sad.
Adult Written bySam K. August 24, 2016

Funny and Cute

This is a very cute show, it's also funny. Chicken Little is a good role model for kids, he sends great messages to the audience. The main message "Small people can do big things." Hopefully you think this message is true, also.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byJulie St-F March 18, 2015

Cute, Sweet

Although it had a few moments that might frighten very small children, there was very little violent or scary. Some nice messages about self-acceptance, and not judging a book based on it's cover. Didn't love the joke at the end where the fox got turned into a girl. Underlying message that being a girl was less desirable than being a boy. This joke didn't jive with much of the rest of the film, which suggested that it was OK to be non-conformative.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Lowest rated in the canon at Rotten Tomatoes actually ain't half bad

The alien imagery is a bit much, but it's good overall. The baseball scene and father-son bonding after it and at the end are the best parts. I love how they spoofed The Lion King in the opening. ("Doesn't it sound familiar to you?") Great for a quick laugh. 7.5/10
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 22, 2012

Fun.

Chicken Little reminds me of a classic movie (except it's in CGI).It's really funny,great acting,ect.The aliens in the movie make it better for ages 7 and up.
Adult Written byJEDI micah August 26, 2012

Little guy, BIG MOVIE!!!

When I first saw this movie, I did not expect aliens to be in it! The aliens may actually frighten some little kids, but the laughs they will get from the characters will probably make them forget how scary they look! It is a cute movie for the whole family to watch!
Parent of a 1, 3, and 6 year old Written byPaulaDonald June 1, 2009
What others don't mention about the alien invasion is the constant "vaporizing" of characters. I thought it would just happen once or twice, but characters kept getting vaporized - totally freaking out our son. We left the theater with our five year old.
Adult Written byjohnstj2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFlytesdad April 9, 2008

Kind of 'so-so' movie

I am 7 years old. I think parents should go first because there are scary parts like the aliens and maybe the panic. I think four years and up would be okay. Its was very boring to me. My sister went to see Harry Potter with my dad. I wish I had gone to see that instead of Chicken Little. There were not enough funny parts. More funny parts and I would have been a happy camper.