All member reviews for Chicken Little

Cute, colorful, mostly lively fun; ages 7 and up.

Adult Written byHuffanator April 9, 2008

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

A bit predicatble, good for families

Kids will love it, adults may be bored.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

Kind of Bad

Another one of Disney's low points. The voice of the chicken sounded weird
Adult Written bypeajay64 April 9, 2008

Too violent for little ones

OK, so I found out the hard way that this movie was too violent for my 3-1/2 year old daughter. She cried a couple of times at the loud noises and machines and moments of danger for the characters (I think she cried 3 times). However, she was able to follow the story without a problem One of my main comments is for Disney. Why do they INSIST on their animated movies having no mother figure in them? Let me elaborate. Are there mothers in any of the following Disney movies? Bambi? The Fox and the Hound? Cinderella? and now Chicken Little? Sheesh! Mom's can be tough, but do we have to be written out of every kids movie? In fact, we're even KILLED off in some of them. How sad.
Adult Written byDPAM April 9, 2008

A Bad Teenage Movie Pretending To Be For Kids

Last night I took my nearly 5yr/old to see Chicken Little. Except for the cute animated characters and tiny slices of the upside down ‘sky is falling’ tale, there are no trace of a kids movie in this mess. The mood, messages, and aggression aren’t going to benefit any child, the story telling and even animation is so furiously paced that it’s almost unpleasant to watch. There is no craft, no charm, no subtlety to the storytelling or animation. It’s just crammed with motion that seems like an effort to fit in every possible idea they had for every scene. Worse, much of it serves no purpose but to pack in supposedly humorous references aimed at adults - more tightly than in a Dennis Miller monologue. There’s plenty wrong with the concepts and images shown, but I would admit that it stays just shy of horribly harmful – I resisted grabbing my child and leaving although it was on my mind the whole time. I wish my child hadn’t seen it and that instead we’d have stayed home and watched ‘Nemo’ or ‘Toy Story’ or ‘Winnie The Pooh’ one more time.

Disney does a good job in CG without Pixar

Teen, 16 years old Written byRRosatti April 9, 2008

Fine

Chicken Little is good. It is just like any other Disney 3-D animation movie released lately. Cute, but teenagers may find it boring. (or stupid, even.)
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2013

A-okay film, needs attention though!

This film is a-okay, the reason why I rated this up to 8 to up is because there is mild sexy stuff, lots of violence, good hard work, leadership, Chicken Little in the beginning tells the story that he thought the sky is falling, but everyone believes it's a acorn. Abby a.k.a as the ugly duckling and Runt of the litter are good role models, but I would recall Abby more. I like the baseball scene because it teaches Chicken Little a new sport and at the end of that scene he's on the team and he's won the game even everybody congratulates him. Back to where I was before, this is not for 7 or younger. There are lots of alien invasions. At the end of the movie, the true story is played and everyone congratulates the movie and Chicken Little. The end credits are really cool through the song from Elton John and Kiki Dee's Don't go breaking my Heart, then Disney's former Cheetah Girls singing Shake Your Tail Feather. I give this a 3/5 for good effort and hard work.
Adult Written byjohnstj2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byFlytesdad April 9, 2008

Kind of 'so-so' movie

I am 7 years old. I think parents should go first because there are scary parts like the aliens and maybe the panic. I think four years and up would be okay. Its was very boring to me. My sister went to see Harry Potter with my dad. I wish I had gone to see that instead of Chicken Little. There were not enough funny parts. More funny parts and I would have been a happy camper.

if was funny and cute and means somethining

Teen, 13 years old Written byblondie101 April 9, 2008

SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

I LOVE CHICKEN LITTLE. HE IS SOOO CUTE AND FUNNY. AND HE SOOO NOT A CRAZY CHICKEN LIKE THE OTHER ANIMALS IN THE MOVIE SAY HE IS. LIKE THE LITTLE DOG HE SAYS,"LOOK MAMA ITS THE CRAZY CHICKEN!!" AND HIS MOTHER SAYS,"OH COME ON NOW!"
Adult Written bynoty4 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

A G rated alien adventure

This movie has some scenes where aliens attack the city. Even though it has aliens (one of my favorite things to read about), it isn't one of my favorites.
Teen, 17 years old Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Lowest rated in the canon at Rotten Tomatoes actually ain't half bad

The alien imagery is a bit much, but it's good overall. The baseball scene and father-son bonding after it and at the end are the best parts. I love how they spoofed The Lion King in the opening. ("Doesn't it sound familiar to you?") Great for a quick laugh. 7.5/10
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 15, 2012

chicken little

Families can talk about the relationship between the father and son, as Chicken Little wants so desperately to please his dad. How might his father show more faith in his son, rather than expecting the worst? How might Chicken Little trust his father to appreciate his own interests and identity, rather than trying so hard to be the son he imagines his father "wants" (that is, a baseball player like his father was)?
Adult Written byemerld232 April 9, 2008

Age Range for this move is 5+

I thought this movie a bit scary for the under 5 set and I couldnt' believe how many toddlers there were. They also should have cut a couple of scenes to tighten up the move, felt draggy in a couple of places and I didn't need to see 3+ sad scenes with CL and his Dad.
Adult Written byavee April 9, 2008

I highly recommend it but be aware there are scary parts.

This movie was great! We enjoyed it very much. My kids, friends kids (2, 3 & 5) and I laughed and clapped at the end of the movie. But I would be sure your kids can handle the scary parts of the aliens because it can be a little intense although the ending makes up for it. I give it an A. I don't know why the critics are saying it is only a 3 star movie we really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and we would go see it again and will be buying the DVD. The pig was my favorite character he was to funny.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Really silly. Good for any age!

The movie was great and silly. The Alien part could be scary for little kids, but not the 8, 7, 6 or 4 year old boys who went with me. Turkey Lurkey the mayor was funny. It had all the Characters from the Chicken Little story and more. I would recommend this movie for 4 year olds and over.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008