All member reviews for Chicken Run

Fab animation from Wallace and Gromit creator.

Parent Written byjulicun March 15, 2015

Funny, but scary and over little kids' heads

I had heard good things about this movie, so I showed it to my 4 and 6 year old. There were some really scary scenes for the little ones. The movie is set on a chicken farm (laying eggs) and the farmer gets a chicken pot pie making machine to increase profits. The chickens are in fear of their lives, and at the end, the farmer lady is chasing them with a butcher knife, and the 2 main chickens go through a pot pie machine trying to chop them up. Way too scary for my kids.
Adult Written bylamar June 9, 2014

Nightmares for my 6-year old

While this is an adorable movie for anyone old enough not to worry about the situation these chickens are in, my 6-year old saw this at school and was very scared by the film. She had several difficult nights, waking up with nightmares, crying, etc. I am not happy that her school chose to show this film to such young children. I think the G rating is surprising, and would recommend it for slightly older children, age 8 or 9.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 18, 2013

Who would win? Chickens or farmers?

The chickens would win in this movie. It is very, very funny!! DRINKING, DRUGS & SMOKING: Rocky puts a piece of his tail into a water cup and yells "Cocktail!!"
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaster belial November 29, 2012

chicken run is no chicken

it was one of the funniest movie i have seen
Kid, 9 years old October 3, 2012

Very nice movie made by Dreamworks Animation.

Very nice movie made by Dreamworks Animation.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2012

Best movie ever!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAstonLover January 27, 2012

An amazing film

A amazing movie from Aardman, i first watched this when i was about 3 and i havent stopped watching it, i still watch it now! It is a great movie for the whole family, you should consider watching it if you havent seen it otherwise your missing out! But everyones saying oh there a chicken being killed well that happens in the real world and the film is not lying as farmers do kill chickens if they arent any good also you dont even see the chicken get killed all you see is a shadow of the Mrs Tweedy and an axe!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 19, 2011

great stop-motion animated movie full of suprises

this british animated film is really suprising for a rated G. but lots of animated cartoon violence. including a scene where a chicken is killed. but great film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIdiotMan&DunceBoy September 19, 2011

Brilliant animation has some threat

This is one of Aardman's finest works. There are some issues though. In one early scene, a chicken fails to produce any eggs - what happens is they are grabbed by the neck and taken away, and it is implied that they have been killed. One scene close towards the end has two chickens in the pie machine, trying to escape. This is a fantastic scene but it does have a sense of threat to it.
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

Chicken Fun

This was a very fun movie and I just love those types of clamations! It just has such good quality! I think you should really consider going to see this movie!
Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010

good for all kids

4 and up!
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2010

perfect for everyone.

love it?
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2010

a It's a mad mad mad mad mad world classic

I love this movie. It's a cool movie. It's so funny. I highly recommeded it
Kid, 7 years old December 29, 2009

the best movie I've seen

This movie is super , but a little scary.I really like it. This movie is sooo good.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2009

A great flick from Aardman. Animation from the clay modeling is great, and the story is silly but fun. A bit like 'Dinosaur's' storyline, but instead chickens! Great for kids and tweens. Deals with death though and two sinister human characters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byklaymanbill April 9, 2008

uhhh, i am pretty sure this was PG

this was a PG movie, i am sure of it, there is a lot of cartoon violence, but it is a very funny movie and i like it, then and still now
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Good

Plenty of imaginative, clever fun, although I prefer Wallace & Gromit. A must-see for families, although it has some mild action and peril kids and adults will love it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Hilarious! I LOVE THE CLAYMATION!

"But I don't want to be a pie" This is one of the greatest movies for kids. The chickens are hilarious and so loveable and the whole plot is so funny! There are plenty of reasons for adults to like it as well as kids. See for yourself! But beware, kids will be quoting from it for days!

(i laaughed)

this movie is so simple you dont even have to think about wots going on i say 5+ can watch it