All member reviews for Children of the Corn

Classic Stephen King horror, hardly popping.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcat123321 April 15, 2011

Good

I loved the short story(it is in night shift btw). It is great scary and very psycological
Parent Written bygrapelover46 September 12, 2012

Kids brutally murder people; not a horror movie for your teen.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 October 21, 2012

Good...Pretty Scary... Pause!

To be honest I loved it but it was a little scary but the whole idea is frighting children killing all adults and each other! There is heave violence but its not that gory there are open wounds and blood a lot of blood spattering! Some cheesy affects but its OK! Just make sure your kids know this is fake and for entertainment ONLY! - Thank You Enjoy The Show...
Kid, 7 years old August 29, 2015

good

i lik it so much but my sister ho is 4 thot its scarie. i rely lik wen the kids kil peeple. tis movee made me hungrie fr corn.
Adult Written byIt Is Me May 30, 2015

Depending on Person

This movie is really depending on the person. I watched it with my mom when I was 14. I knew it was all fake and I was really getting into horror movies at the time. It isn't really gory in my opinion. There are dead bodies, but the movie is from the 80's so the detail isn't the uber best. I don't like much gore and I didn't throw up, so if that says something. There is some implied sex between two teenagers. Nothing it really shown, though they do show the rest of the cult watching on. If you personally aren't comfortable with this, don't watch it or just skip it. It is one scene and it is like five minutes, if that. It doesn't really follow the short story, but is close enough to it in the violence. There is murder and fighting, but that comes with the territory of the movie. I would say to let your teenagers watch it. It is a unique concept for the time; the children being the murders. If you want your younger children to watch it, just make sure they know the difference between what is real and what is fake. It could terrify them otherwise. I would also say to avoid it if you a sensitive to the idea of children having sex. While not being fully shown and barely having any really standing in the movie, it can be a no-no for some people and probably wouldn't be appropriate for the younger crowds. The story revolves around a cult. It steams more towards the Satanic side without really being "Satanic". Still, if you have issues with that, defiantly stay away from this movie and all of its sequels.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

its really good

its basically about a scioty where its kids only and once they reach 18 they have to be killed. its not the Gorey actually but the worst Gorey part is when a person carves a star into a dude's chest. PARENTS if your into Stephen King and his movies you and your child will love this film
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveBands June 30, 2014

Good Movie

I think of this movie as a classic horror movie, mainly because it came out so long ago. I saw this movie when I was 11. It probably wasn't the best decision on my parents part, it was my dad who showed it to me, but I truthfully don't think I was that scared by it. It has gore and violence, but violence is very prominent in media and TV today. If your child is not scared by that stuff easily, I think it's fine to show them.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2014

this is so bad

This movie stunk. I just saw this morning and I was so annoyed. I heard that this movie was a scary old fashion horror and it was great so I couldn't wait to see it but this movie is not horror like until the end of the movie when Issac gets somehow possessed which I thought was the best part. Their is a lot violence in this movie but their is barely any language or sex in this movie. Still see this movie if you like mix of some horror and thriller.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuvPaisley06 December 20, 2013

Good Movie

I liked this movie. It wasn't constantly scary, but when it was it was! Mild language and lots of violence.
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

bloody

kids die and dog very bloody teens only
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 December 9, 2012

creepy, shocking horror film is better fit for older audiences

this shocking, brutal, and creepy movie is loaded with all a horror movie fan loves: scares, gory kills, and a constant atmosphere of suspense. but kids who are into scary movies should stay away from this flick. its just downright bloody, with plenty of slashings, stabbings, poisonings, explosions, slicing, burning, beatings, bloodlettings, and scary pictures drawn. the opening scene is an all out massacre, and the final scene is VERY intense.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2012

Not For Kids At ALL

Scary Creepy throughout lots of blood killing of children killed ALL adults and created thier own bloody brutal religon although seems to still look very confused at the lord. Many reasons not for kids under 17! But im 11 and I had nightmares that my parents died so Make a Responsible choise
Teen, 13 years old Written byJLPomaCB June 24, 2012

Ok-ish

It was pretty good. A little dissapointing though, i heard it was way scarier. The actors, besides the girlfriend, didn't ever seem quite scared enough. They barely seemed to notice what was going on around them. The whole story was never fully explained. You never learn why exactly the kids wanted to kill their parents. Some of the explosions were drawn in too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byadwebb_66 October 29, 2011

Children of the Corn

The original from the 80's is the best, although it's got some violence, but my daughter and I can sit through it laughing. Burt and Vikky are good role models, trying to help. There's a little bit of language, too. But, I would not recommend the 2009 remake that has much more language and violence. Also, Burt and Lisa yell at each other and the ending doesn't explain anything, leaving you at a cliffhanger.
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2010

Good for 10+ If its not right i saw it when i was 8

Its not scary! I love the movie..its not that gory....the end is kinda scary though..i hate that part.Likes there a monster and they put the "migit" on the cross and the monster attacks him....and he turns into the monster and goes on, And tries to kill everybody.
Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

Children of the Korn

A really cool film of the classic Stephen King book.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2009

its okay. not the greatest movie ever
Parent of a 13 year old Written byZachary Sohrab October 21, 2009

A bit violent
Teen, 13 years old Written by80sfreak October 2, 2009

YAYAYA

I looooove this movie so awesome! its not scary though but its just like whooo best movie ever!!!
Adult Written byHughHarper June 18, 2009

scared the **** outta me

this movie is scary and it isn't any good