All member reviews for City of Ember

Teen, 13 years old Written bypianocutie95 February 10, 2009

cool movie

This movie was pretty awesome! It is full of suspenseful moments, such as the giant mole, which can ( and probably will be) potentially frightening for younger viewers. Also, every time they turn a corner, the music gets darker as though they're about to run into something, but they never do. except for the mole. Also, Lena's granny dies offscreen but she is shown in bed when Lena finds her after she has passed. Cool movie for 12+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byecs21297 October 16, 2009

Not that great.

I had to read the book over the summer for school and i think the book is a whole lot better than the movie! =P
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina August 8, 2010

Could have been better....

It could have been much better if they didn't add things or dragged things on. Otherwise it wasnt too bad. I loved the dramatic music, but the mole thing was not in the book, I see no reason to add that, and the mayor did not get eaten, he drowned, and I think the pop actually died of a disies, not of a drowning. Doon and Lina are a little too serious, but Doon's pop was pretty funny. I don't remember them being inside of the generater, or the moth. I'm just saying they could have at least kept to the book more, they kind of messed it up otherwise.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Great! But Dark!

This is a great movie. But it is literally dark. The story line is sometimes hard to follow. Lots of tense parts in this movie and some scary parts.
Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2015

Rushed and misleading

The City of Ember movie altered critical details like when it added the giant mole. The book did not have that. It was too fast paced, like when you are in the middle of the movie that scene is at the end of the book.
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2014

Nothing Like The Book!

This is the worst movie ever (maybe not, but it’s bad). There is not even a hint of the book’s quality in it. If you are not familiar with the plot, there is a city underground that is essentially falling apart, a hidden document, and two teenagers named Lina and Doon. Lina and Doon go through a series of adventures that lead to finding an untrustworthy mayor and a way out of their city. Some scenes are completely nonexistent in the book, such as the mole in one scene that chases Lina and Doon. Lina’s father had a tunnel in the movie that isn’t in the book, too. It’s crazy how much they added in. If you liked the book, don’t watch this. I rate this movie at ages 6 and up. Good movie in itself, letdown of the original storyline.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAidantheawesomestman March 27, 2013

Aidan's Movie report on "City Of Ember"

It is really awesome. You should see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy August 13, 2012

actors need improvement

Cool movie, although the characters didn't seem like they were all that human. I'm saying this because they didn't seem like they had a reaction to anything. The few times they were normal was when they were getting jobs; the main actress looked realy excited to be a messanger. That's all I have to say without spoiling much.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Really good!

I liked it. Good for older kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

TOTALLY FINE!

It's a great, action-packed movie. Its very suspenseful and fun! Despite the sentence, "If this is a potato, then I'm 16 and sexy,", this movie is TOTALLY fine for youngsters. It's quirky, dark at sometimes so if you are a person who doesn't enjoy that it isn't the best, and verrryyyy fun to watch. <3 it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEMINEM27 June 1, 2011

city of ember

Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2010

Not as Good as the Book, but Not Bad

This movie was great, but not nearly as good as the book.
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2010

Exciting, Creepy and Sad

It was kinda creepy, but still good. It had me excited, freaked out and sad but it's still good
Teen, 15 years old Written by.va May 22, 2010

Nothing compared to the book

As someone who read the book before watching the movie, it was terrible. More fairly, the acting and effects were underwhelming and sometimes looked out of place. Themes of doom and gigantic moles may be inappropriate for younger children. Kind of ruins the story. Do yourself a favour and watch a different move and read the City of Ember book, it is much better.
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

b-ba-ba... BORING!

when i saw this movie it was mostly very boring and a dissapointment.
Kid, 9 years old July 8, 2009

not.......

not as good as it seems
Teen, 17 years old Written bycullengirl88 July 7, 2009

Boring!

This movie was horrible. The acting was all over the place and the special effects were very fake looking. Don't waste your money.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxotitanicox May 4, 2009

Really Bad

I disliked this movie. Not a big-budget, obviously (if you've seen it) but the actual acting and storyline is bad and gets worse as the movie progresses. Don't watch this, go see The Cronicals of Narnia instead.