All member reviews for Clash of the Titans

Kids will find this FX-heavy fantasy epic a bit dated.

Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bynedlobnorac April 16, 2010

go persius!

love it! stays true to the original with a modern twist
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2010

This is a very good movie but there is a lot of nudity for a PG movie. There is no cusing and Persus is a good rool modle
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Mythological Fantasy Adventure

Parent Written byTheAgeOfGaggy December 18, 2012

Everyone relax, it's just people fighting with clay figures.

Some people are going over board with their reaction to this movie as it pertains to the appropriate age. I saw it when I was 11 and loved it. I was going to wait for my son to be older (he's 8), but he's expressing a unique enthusiasm for Greek mythology. The key is knowing your child. A ten year old might find it scary and an 8 year old might not. It depends on the child. As for the nudity, there is nothing sexual about it. My son found it more funny than anything else. I'm sure the reaction of a 13 year old (or above) would be quite different. There is also talk of Zeus and his conquest of women, but it is all done in innuendo and the true meaning easily escapes young ones. Then there's the special effects. They are just down right laughable. But they create a good topic of conversation with your kids, explaining to them just how much differently effects were made back then. It's just people fighting with monsters, no where near as bad as Star Wars, which has people decapitating other people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZeego November 26, 2011

I'll take stop-motion over CGI any day!

I highly recommend this movie for the effects, although the dialogue is hard to hear at times.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bypieisnotpie October 24, 2010

it shows an full open breast in the world does this make a 9 year olds movie i would not approve this movie for anyone younger than 18
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written bymr.travis February 11, 2010

NOT a children's movie!

My son was invited to a 9-year-old birthday party with this movie as the centerpiece, so I watched it in advance and had to say NO. Even with its charmingly antiquated animations, it's genuinely terrifying for a child. Not just swordplay and blood, but things like a mother and baby, both screaming, put into a coffin and thrown into the ocean. The Medusa scene is really suspenseful and gory, even if it's fake. And though my son sees the people in our family naked all the time, he's never seen nudity on screen and I think there's a difference, especially when you've gathered a room full of 9 year olds to watch it together. There are no children in this movie - and there's nothing in it to suggest it's a children's movie.
Adult Written byjace April 9, 2008

Shocking nudity!

This is R material here. I was shocked that it had been rated PG.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bylsdavinci August 15, 2013

Silly movie with a decent story but IMO not for the entire family...

I was 12 when I first saw this movie in the theaters. With that said along with the "know your child" concept, I give it a pause on 10 and under simply because the movie could be a little intense in terms of violence and the partial nudity. Today, this movie would have gotten at least a PG-13. So I won't be showing this to my 8 year old but will definitely be showing this to my 12 year old.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan December 19, 2012

Clash of the titans-movie review-rated-PG

This semi-classic delvers the thrills that you could expect from one of these movies. The film starts off with little baby pursues and his mother drifting to a island soon peruses (harry Hamilton) being guarded by the gods. leaded by Zeus (Laurence Oliver). (peruses is Zeus son). I say that this movie whold use its F/X very well but its kinda boring
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 2, 2012

cool

cool
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2012

Awesome!

this movie is the best. It is full of action and scares.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 April 4, 2012

fgfg

good and fun adventure has some bad things but fun movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 1, 2011

Lots of corny special effects. It could be much better.

My rating: PG for mild violence/peril and some brief nudity.
Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2010

good.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycuteclair2 July 19, 2010

e.g. Perfect for old films fanatics

the film wasnt that bad. If your not really a movie fanatic then you wouldnt mind to much about the poor quality, but if your the kind of person that gets a thrill from spotting mistakes in films... you would probably drive yourself crazy from the critical comments pouring out like water out of a tap.
Educator Written bygroundupart April 6, 2010

It's a big favorite at our house...

This would be a good alternative to the 2010 release. The nudity is very brief and not very sexual. Along with "Jason and the Argonauts," it is a good example of stop-motion photography techniques. It could be a way to introduce Greek myths as an interest for self-guided study and reading.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDinosaursOnMyMind March 30, 2010

*snore* *laughs* *snore*

This is one of those movies that's so bad it's funny! Clash of the Titans is ALMOST good and is amusing...as long as you can stay awake!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGreekFreak August 29, 2009

An OK movie with a mixed storyline.

I was very surprised to see actual nudity in such an old, classic movie. But the movie itself was fine. The storyline about Perseus is mixed up somewhat (for example; Pegasus is created from the blood of Medusa, in the movie Perseus finds Pegasus to help him find Medusa).
Teen, 17 years old Written bymilograamans August 1, 2009

This is a pre-PG13 PG-movie

While this wasn't a great movie, it still is worth watching as a version of the "Perseus" myth, albeit heavily altered. I saw this for the first time probably when I was 12 or so, and found it disturbing and shocking. There is a fair bit of bloody violence, and the scene with Medusa is extremely intense. Also, those who are used to the MPAA's current standards may be shocked by the three short (but not entirely necessary) scenes of nudity.