All member reviews for Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Teen, 14 years old Written byanarchy4idiots March 16, 2009

I Saw This Movie When I Was Six, I Was Blown Away

This movie is great. Anyone can see it. No violence.No harsh language. I don't usually care about those things though. But anyways don't listen to anyone, just watch it! And by the way, batteries not included is a movie, they just haven't reviewed it lol
Teen, 16 years old Written byCommon1492 January 1, 2014

Close Encounters

Great movie kinda stupid but funny endings funny 3 stars a lot of people smoking though
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 28, 2012

Steven Speilbergs masterpiece.

Now I know what some of you are thinking reading this, most of you think sc-fi films have thin writing, stale acting, and no point to a silly plot. Thats exactly what I think for most sc-fi's. But this one and District 9 are the best I've seen thanks to a story that is told masturfully, and lots of twists and turns, This is great.
Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2009

good
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2009

Great Movie but people say bad words a lot.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2015

Almost like E.T.

Spielberg did it again another great alien movie lots of positivity, but a lot of swearing
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 May 24, 2013

tremendous sci-fi stunner has strong language and lots of peril

once again, the great Steven Spielberg gives us a timeless classic that is Close Encounters of the Third Kind. a rousing, suspenseful tale full of thrills and beautiful effects and loud, blasting sound, including the theme from Spielberg's earlier film Jaws. and while there is no violence, except for a child being abducted and a car driving off a cliff, there's really nothing here to worry about. but the language is surprisingly strong, even for a PG movie. some characters use harsh language such as s**t, goda**it and h**l. asides for the strong language, this is a must see for sci-fi fans and film fans everywhere.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013

One of the Most Groundbreaking Sci Fi Movies Of All Time

This is groundbreaking because it was one of the 1st movies with friendly aliens. Movies like The War of the Worlds have aliens trying to take over the world. It doesn't have much violence, but some scenes might be scary fo little kids. There's also some language, but not as much as most PG-13 movies. foresthillsbob is right. Just tell your kids not to say those words. There are some good role models, and the message is that if aliens exist, they might be friendly.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 20, 2012

One of the genre's best

It's rare for a sci-fi movie to capture both the excitement of the future and the nostalgia of the present, which was the 70s for this movie. While the clothes and hairstyles from decades ago look ancient, the special effects in "CE3K" look brand new. Spielberg, of course one of the greats, delivered on both quality family storytelling and visual greatness. You really must see this film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Really Good

This is a speilberg Film that is perfect for younger viewers. They may find it fairly slow at some points.
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2011

Breathtaking

Love it! Coolest alien movie I've seen. I recommend it for anyone 9 and over.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 19, 2011

Language NOT AN ISSUE!? Strong language throughout! suggested mpaa rating: PG-13 for strong language.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2010

not age appropriate for 11

the big fight scene between the parents is not age appropriat kids start to cry he locks himself in the bathroom and shes yelling curse words and trying to break into the door did i mention the three 5 year olds were watching and crying
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

Classic.

I love this Sci-Fi flick. It epitomizes everything good about sci-fi: the childlike awe at the amazing effects and events, the mystery, and an overall good story. Two thumbs up!