All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Sequel gives new meaning to playing with your food.

Parent Written byDawn S February 17, 2014

I liked it but...

Some of the innuendos spelled out by other parents - flashing shapes on the robots that look like breasts...the bs-usb drive (wherein bs stands for exactly what an adult would think) - the name calling (idiot - loser - stupid) and the near swear words. One character says 'crap balls'. Its listed here as 'crab cakes' and elsewhere on the internet as 'crab balls' but the subtitles on the dvd itself say 'crap balls'. Either way, the phrase or insinuation of the phrase is bad news for a kids' movie. Overall I really want to like this movie - I love the characters and loved the puns. The carnivorous foodimals were pretty scary and could have been toned down for my taste.
Educator and Parent of a 5 year old Written byFougy14 February 16, 2014

5 year olds review

It's a very nice movie. Chester V's character was a little mean.
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 9, 2014

Cute and colorful sequel.

It may not be the best sequel to a great original animated movie, or a nominee for "Best Animated Film", but it is quite enjoyable. The "food-imals" in the movie are pretty colorful and abundant throughout the movie. It also has great messages to kids, about who your real friends are, and which role model is really great to imitate. All in all, kids will love the continuation of their favorite naive yet clever scientist!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjackojacko2000 January 27, 2014

Fun movie for most ages

I went and watched this with my younger brother (4 years old) and it was fine. The scary scenes were not that scary. No innuendo. Only very slight language. He loved it so much (he won't stop talking about the cheeseburger-spider!)
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Cloudy with a Chance of Success

All the violence is is the food monsters. Otherwise, it's fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff January 18, 2014

Pretty good.

My friend and I enjoyed the original, so we were looking forward to this sequel. Well, on my Christmas break, we took a vacation to North Carolina, I saw this sequel at a dollar theater after eating lunch at Bojangle's (awesome chicken place). It was a great sequel, not as good as the original, but still very good. The CGI was fantastic, the acting was good, it was quite funny, and the food-imals were kinda cool. The only flaw is that I got bored in a few parts. Other than that, it was pretty good.
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2014

Great Movie!

Awesome Movie! There was a few parts where i thought the violence would be a bit scary for the younger viewers. For Example: The Cheese burger monster (When they thought he/she was aggressive) I thought about the sexual tag, but i decided not to put it as it wasn't as sexual as other movies i have watched. I mean they wee just kissing nothing more than that. I want a pet Strawberry!!!! They are just Boyfriend and Girlfriend. I will finish my review with a funny quote, "There's a *leak* in the boat!!!"
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

All About Food!

I think this was a very funny movie.There are some scary clips in the movie but I think it could only scare kids 4 and under. the movie was all about food that are alive! I thought it would be bad but it was pretty good!
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

i think...

there is some mild humor
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2013

hey people this movie rocks

its awesome its so funny! watch it now!
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2013