All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Sequel gives new meaning to playing with your food.

Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

i think...

there is some mild humor
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 12, 2013

Not as great as the first and a little underwhelming at first but as soon as the foodimals come in, it becomes a fun, charming time...

The first Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was a really great movie and one of my favorite animated movies of all time! This second installment doesn't match it in any way but it's still quite fun and charming! The first half starts out pretty rough though, as it's quite underwhelming and not really that fresh or funny at all. But then suddenly, as soon, as all the foodimals come up, it becomes, a lot more entertaining! Honestly, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, while really fun, just isn't that funny. It has its moments but there just could've been a lot more. But the person who definitely steals the show and gets the most laughs is Barry The Strawberry! As soon as he came on screen, the movie lit up a lot more! He's extremely adorable and funny and it's hard not to smile whenever he's on screen! There's some more foodimals that are really cool but Barry The Strawberry really stands out! There's also a heartwarming sub plot where Flint's father wants to teach him how to fish and teaches pickles how to. And near the end, it starts to get a lot more exciting and fun! Overall, it may not be as consistently exciting and hilarious as its predecessor but even though it takes a while, there's still quite a bit of things to enjoy in this charming animated sequel!
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2013

hey people this movie rocks

its awesome its so funny! watch it now!
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2013

Boring if you are over the age of 10.

I saw this movie with my 9 year old brother. He seemed to love it, but I was really bored. I think Parental Guidance is a better movie for preteens because they can understand it and actually laugh. The prequel to this movie is much better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 3, 2013

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Review

Some parts of the movie included some sorta scary foodimals, and at one part, it's shown that a guy is eaten by one. Better than the first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 October 12, 2013

Eh

not good
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 October 6, 2013

Dissapointing

I was very disappointed in this one I really liked the first one but this one ruined it. It was very predictable and some of the characters was really dumb. I will say it was funny. there isn't anything really wrong with it except there is a usb device that the bad guy calls a BS usb so yea. I did like how his dad cared about him and how the movie presented it.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytrixietrout October 5, 2013

Rent it if you watch it at all.

Very contrived and uninteresting story. I didn't even understand that the evil professor was trying to steal the technology for himself til about 1/2 way through the movie, so I can't imagine the kids did either. Seems like a money grab to me. Nowhere near as good as the first one. Rent it.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2013

Not bad, but the original was better.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd September 30, 2013

if your a kid you will love this movie,if your a teen or an adult you should stick with the original

I'll admit it's better than planes,definitely better than turbo aka dreamworks animations worst movie to date,definently and without a doubt better than the worst animated movie of the year aka escape from planet earth but it's not as good as the croods,monsters university,despicable me 2 and epic plus wasnt the fldsmdfr already destroyed in the first one I mean unless it had a regenerating ability which wasn't explained or showned in the first cloudy with a chance of meatballs there wasn't really any point bring it back plus the food puns got old after a while,it's an ok movie overall I guess just don't expect it to be at the same level as the original cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 September 29, 2013

Meets expectations

To be honest, this movie was a little dumb at first. But as it progressed it got pretty exciting. There have been few summer animated movies that weren't any good at all (Turbo) the ok ones (Monsters University) and the great ones (Despicable Me 2, Planes, Epic). I think this fits best inbetween the ok ones and great ones because of its lack of humor, but what kept it entertaining was the puns, strong story, and action scenes. Flint Lockwood and his group of friends (including his dad) go back to swallow falls months after his invention destroyed it with giant foods, and find out that something big was leftover. Food animals! Nothing innapropriate, only mild action and brief fart humor (cut the cheese). Equally as good as first and should be fine for 5 and up. P.s. there was a preview for ender's game before this and as a huge fan of the book I can't wait! Grade B+