All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Sequel gives new meaning to playing with your food.

Parent Written bytarmale September 29, 2013

Ok sequel, don't like the inuendos

Took my 6, 8 and 15 year old to see this today. Not as good as the first one but still entertaining. What I didn't like about it is the inuendos. Robot have flashing flowers on their chests suggesting electric breasts(?). Also, when Flint tries on a device he made it looks like underwear with all the trimmings. Went over my younger kids' heads but I don't know why they can't just make a KIDS movie anymore? Why does there always have to be sexual undertones in these movies? My 15 year old obviously got it but I find it harder and harder to take my kids anywhere these days
Parent Written bylauralibby88 September 29, 2013

Decent family fun movie

This was a really fun movie that had a central idea to stay true to yourself and the people you love. It was about not judging things from what others say, but taking time to see for yourself, and it was pretty funny. There was some violence and poor language, negative and derogatory words said too, or about characters. My son is sensitive to such themes, and it was okay for him, though a bit too scary in about 2-3 scenes. If you have sensitive children who feel this stuff is really or get upset easily or are under age 6, see it with caution. I would not take any kids under 4 to see this one in a theater. Otherwise, go and enjoy. Many jokes were more for the adults, "Butter! Parkay...." and the adults were laughing as much as the kids. I thought the first one was better all around family fun since it was less scary and younger kids could go too, but this was a good sequel.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd September 29, 2013

Hmm....

Well..It's better than the first part and gave a good hour and half entertainment (not a complete pure humor for kids).Starts lame but ends good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjackojacko2000 January 27, 2014

Fun movie for most ages

I went and watched this with my younger brother (4 years old) and it was fine. The scary scenes were not that scary. No innuendo. Only very slight language. He loved it so much (he won't stop talking about the cheeseburger-spider!)
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

All About Food!

I think this was a very funny movie.There are some scary clips in the movie but I think it could only scare kids 4 and under. the movie was all about food that are alive! I thought it would be bad but it was pretty good!
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 9, 2014

Cute and colorful sequel.

It may not be the best sequel to a great original animated movie, or a nominee for "Best Animated Film", but it is quite enjoyable. The "food-imals" in the movie are pretty colorful and abundant throughout the movie. It also has great messages to kids, about who your real friends are, and which role model is really great to imitate. All in all, kids will love the continuation of their favorite naive yet clever scientist!
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

i think...

there is some mild humor
Teen, 16 years old Written byfunkyrooster707 November 17, 2013

horrible

it has tons of violence,language, and its boring! see free birds instead of THiS worthless movie
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2013

Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2014

Gr8 family film

Great family film great for kids aged 4-9 but a bit boring for kids aged 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Better Than It's Prequel, Awesome Story And Funny Characters..

I Obviously Think This One Is Better Than It's Prequel CWACOM1. Better Ending, Better Storyline And Contains Some Really Funny Characters Like Barry The Strawberry And The Police Officer.. Nothing Explicit Here Except A Kiss..
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff January 18, 2014

Pretty good.

My friend and I enjoyed the original, so we were looking forward to this sequel. Well, on my Christmas break, we took a vacation to North Carolina, I saw this sequel at a dollar theater after eating lunch at Bojangle's (awesome chicken place). It was a great sequel, not as good as the original, but still very good. The CGI was fantastic, the acting was good, it was quite funny, and the food-imals were kinda cool. The only flaw is that I got bored in a few parts. Other than that, it was pretty good.
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2013

hey people this movie rocks

its awesome its so funny! watch it now!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bymoonbeem16 October 6, 2013

Not my idea of a main dish

The original is still my favorite. Some funny food jokes but not nearly as entertaining as the first
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Hilarious, dark, fresh spoof is great but has a bad message.

My rating:G
Teen, 13 years old Written byweaselaferret May 22, 2015

Is this really what I think it is?!

Was Flint always that dumb? Or annoying? I had to turn it off after not even a half an hour. There are a few inappropriate parts so far (a baby cow sticking out of a mother cow), and the whole plot so far is not even worth watching. He acts like he's three, for goodness sake! Not worth watching whatsoever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 10, 2015

Sony didn't even try with this one

This movie was probably released to sell merchandise and make money. Because it was a total failure. It was confusing, unfunny and there was no Mr. T
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2015

Great movie

It is a good movie although there is kissing at the beginning and the movie mentions the word "crap" twice. Overall, it was a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 23, 2014

Silly animated sequel tells kids to play with Thier food

My rating:PG for mild rude humor