All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2010

This is a great movie for kids!

I love it! It's not long, not short, and not much iffy stuff!
Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2010

yay

Flint from when he was young wanted to be a inventor and when hes older he does just that, but things start going teribly wrong. it was very funny when brent turned into a chicken n flint n sam fought them off..lol
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

great movie

I loved this movie so much! great for the whole family
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeckogirl May 20, 2010

For me it was just too boring.

Boring. That's about all I have to say. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 22, 2013

just ok for kids

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2012

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

Common Sense Media is really wrong on their review. This is a great movie and is very kid-friendly, but I would definitely pause kids aged 6 because the movie has quite some violence in it towards the end of the movie. There is also an emotional background to the movie. I wouldn't let kids 0-4 watch this, it is iffy for 6 year olds, and is on for 8 and up. Very good movie, it's funny, slightly emotional, and has a lot of great cartoon violence.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2012

MEATBALLS

This movie was pretty good, but the Chicken Brent part is confusing. there is one mild curse, but generally it is good and clean.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

boring and pointless

I don't understand why people say this movie is so great. I read reviews for this movie all over, and i actually thought it would be great, but it was so repetitive and boring. The whole plot is basically how a inventor who was not liked made an invention to "save" his island. The invention was something that made it rain food. I don't know why people think it's so great. Bottom line: Raining food? Really? What where you people thinking?
Kid, 9 years old March 13, 2011

That was gross. I am vegan, and all there was is meat, and burgers. The only vegan stuff was broccoli, and fruit. And besides, the machine in the sky pumping out the huge brown bag that stretched out until it broke at the bottom, releasing an avalanche of food. It just looked like what you would see if you stuck a camera in the toilet. Face up. I can't believe I ate all those oily french fries beforehand.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 29, 2010

WHY common sense?

This is a great movie. I seriously had no idea why you gave it 2 stars. Because the main character is emotional enough or because it wasn't much like the book? Well, how could they made a whole movie with the concept of it raining food with no backstory? Anyways, I found the movie enteraining with adorable animation and a funny story.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2010

good all ages

sooooooooo funny and cute :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrantlyp108 March 28, 2010

A Great Family Movie!

A wonderful movie that the whole family will enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

Great for kids and parents and older people

Why I think it great for everyone because I saw 5 parents,17 Teens,and 20 grandparents
Kid, 7 years old September 24, 2009

i kind of like it,but it's better than the book.
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Great disney flick for kids+

My rating:G
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 9, 2015

Does CSM point out every single bad thing even when there's nothing wrong with it?

C'mon this is a great movie. Whoever's reading this after reading the summary, you can just toss any negative stuff that they said out the window. It will not impact the viewing experience
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T February 14, 2015

A book's creative approach joins up with a movie.

The book's creative too, but the movie gives off some useful details never mentioned in the book--why the food falls from the sky, and why giant food pummels the town. It also has a happier ending, when Flint and his friends risk their lives to save Chewandswallow from certain destruction. (In the book everyone had to flee, never to see their hometown again.) Creativity, self-sacrifice, and letting go are major themes here.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014

Amazing, funny, some heart and romance, this film scores.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff January 18, 2014

This is a great movie.

In 2009, I saw this movie with my friend after eating lunch at Burger King, we both thought it was AWESOME. It was funny, the CGI is fantastic, the acting is quite good, and the whole family can enjoy it. The sequel is good too.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Cute movie!

This is a movie that younger kids will absolutely love. It's really good. Not to be missed!