All member reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Age-appropriate food adventure goes down easily.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 14, 2010

Why is this only rated two stars?

This is a very nice movie. It does contain many scenes that little kids might find frightening such as a character being "eaten" by giant cooked chicken (he survived, so no worries). Also there is mild language such as "hellhole" and "holy crap"
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bySnoozhe October 4, 2009

Younger than 5 can watch, but won't enjoy it as much.

I'm surprised at how much myself and my family liked this movie. It was silly, of course, but the most humorous parts continued through the movie--keeping the laughs coming. I heard people laughing out loud, which I haven't heard in a long time. It was a really fun movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2010

This is a great movie for kids!

I love it! It's not long, not short, and not much iffy stuff!
Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2010

yay

Flint from when he was young wanted to be a inventor and when hes older he does just that, but things start going teribly wrong. it was very funny when brent turned into a chicken n flint n sam fought them off..lol
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byFireLilly November 7, 2009

Good movie, but parent/child relationship drama and action a bit much for less than 7 year olds.

I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old who are fairly well adjusted. We don't typically let them watch all that much TV. The Disney channel is it. The movie has a great story line. A bit of a departure from the book, but none the less a good one. I'd say some of the situations were still a bit adult or at least beyond the comprehensibility of the average 4/7 year old. Luckily most of these elements will go in one ear and out the other. Specifically, it was a bit to violent when it came to the destruction of the town and the child parent relationship drama was a bit beyond what my kids understand. Overall a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

great movie

I loved this movie so much! great for the whole family
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeckogirl May 20, 2010

For me it was just too boring.

Boring. That's about all I have to say. :)
Parent of a 7 year old Written bygrasley627 February 15, 2010

Allergic Reaction by one of the Main Characters is a Concern

There is a scene late in the movie where the weather girl has an allergic reaction to peanut brittle. For any child with an allergy this can be very scary if they are not prepared for it. This also is an issue with Meet the Robinsons.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... September 22, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is a lot of fun!

This movie was actually a big surprise, i didn't really expect much because of the big plot changes from the book, but this movie is hilarious for a kids movie, and has some good messages in it. The voice cast does a great job -Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Bruce Campbell, Mr. T, and Bobb'e J. Thompson - and the animation is good, all of the jokes work, it is just an all around solid animated movie, with quirky, slapstick humor, that is hilarious. Go see it now, you will not be disappointed, this is one of the funniest movies of the year.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byFriday September 22, 2009

Some kids may be scared or disappointed

My son loves the book, but this movie was so disappointing. His words were "what's up with the people eating chickens and the weird weather machine coming to life and trying to eat it's master?" He didn't like the violence and thought the movie would have been fun without many of the scary, over the top tense scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 22, 2013

just ok for kids

Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2012

MEATBALLS

This movie was pretty good, but the Chicken Brent part is confusing. there is one mild curse, but generally it is good and clean.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

boring and pointless

I don't understand why people say this movie is so great. I read reviews for this movie all over, and i actually thought it would be great, but it was so repetitive and boring. The whole plot is basically how a inventor who was not liked made an invention to "save" his island. The invention was something that made it rain food. I don't know why people think it's so great. Bottom line: Raining food? Really? What where you people thinking?
Kid, 9 years old March 13, 2011

That was gross. I am vegan, and all there was is meat, and burgers. The only vegan stuff was broccoli, and fruit. And besides, the machine in the sky pumping out the huge brown bag that stretched out until it broke at the bottom, releasing an avalanche of food. It just looked like what you would see if you stuck a camera in the toilet. Face up. I can't believe I ate all those oily french fries beforehand.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 29, 2010

WHY common sense?

This is a great movie. I seriously had no idea why you gave it 2 stars. Because the main character is emotional enough or because it wasn't much like the book? Well, how could they made a whole movie with the concept of it raining food with no backstory? Anyways, I found the movie enteraining with adorable animation and a funny story.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2010

good all ages

sooooooooo funny and cute :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrantlyp108 March 28, 2010

A Great Family Movie!

A wonderful movie that the whole family will enjoy!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMovie Chooser January 8, 2010

Pure Drivel

I hated this movie. (Okay, I'm a children's librarian, so that might have something to do with it.) The whole movie represented vapid commercialism and I found it painful to sit through. The storyline and style of animation did not so much as give a nod to the book. The book portrayed the food-falling weather patterns as a fluke of nature. The movie recast the situation as being created by a scientist kid. What's most sad, to me, is that in the sequel "Pickles to Pittsburgh" Chewandswallow learns to package the food and ship it around the world so that no one would ever be hungry again, an aspect of selfishness that was nowhere to be seen in this movie. Pure drivel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

Great for kids and parents and older people

Why I think it great for everyone because I saw 5 parents,17 Teens,and 20 grandparents
Parent of a 7 year old Written byJennyRob November 1, 2009

Good talking points, aside from the long, scary ending...

Despite negative reviews, my son & I enjoyed CWACOM. The ending sequence was waaay too much suspense for him, but we both enjoyed seeing geeky main characters who learned how to be themselves. Afterward, we talked about mistakes people made & why they made them, plus what people did that helped. Not a bad discussion.