Tense monster movie is loud, hectic -- and scary.

Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2010

Am I missing something?

This movie was not good. Maybe it gets better as it prgresses but I could only bear 45 minutes. It was really boring and confusing. The fact that a monster was attacking the city just made the movie unbelievable and stupid. I would not suggest this movie to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2010
I thought it was ok. The ending was, i think, pretty bad (sad really not violent). Not too sexual, but i liked it overall.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 April 24, 2010

:D

It would been 5 stars, it was so cool, but i got sick from the shaky camera
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 9, 2009
Very violent and intense.
Adult Written byTheTalker October 3, 2009
I loved the movie! But a lot of violents, and lauguage.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byShortswald March 2, 2012

A roller-coaster ride!

The film is basically Godzilla meets the Blair Witch Project. The film is violent due to the monster rampaging New York City. There are dozens of citizens shown their injuries but not too graphic for teens. There are some swearing but all words used in a PG-13 movie. I think the most disturbing scene in the movie is when a lady's torso explodes but is only showed the shadow of the woman, so is not graphic. At the beginning of the film the characters are shown giving a going-away party so there is a lot of drinking in this movie. The character's journey to her girlfriend and to save the monster, sort shows you a positive role model in how can sacrifice in order to save our loved ones. I must give you a big warning, this film is shot in the point of view of the camera, so there is no mistake you will get dizzy my watching this film. This film will cause you motion sickness like if you were in a roller-coaster ride. If you don't like roller coaster, then don't watch this movie.
Adult Written byninja master July 31, 2010
Adult Written bythanners April 9, 2008

A fast paced nail biter!

Saw the movie with my husband and I loved it! Him not so much so go figure. The camera is shakey but I and my husband had no problems. (Which I can't say for the Bourne Ultimatum which made us both leave early sick). I thought the movie was very quick paced and although you don't fully see "the monster" it's much the same as Blair Witch which is a good thing. I was happy I didn't waste my money on a total bomb. It is, what it is, a fast paced godzilla movie. Loved it!
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bykelldeal October 9, 2009
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byBoy April 9, 2008

Weird Movie

Lots of blood and images that are a litte strong and the monster is only seen for about 2-4 minutes so it was a very dissapointing movie. don't go see it
Adult Written bykman66 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byterra100 April 9, 2008

Awesome monster movie

My 17 year old son and I went this morning to the opening showing of this movie in L.A. We loved the movie! It is ingenious. We highly recommend this movie if you like action flicks. Sit in the back if you get weazy with handicam movement -- otherwise enjoy!
Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

Cloverfield

Awesome monster flick. The monster looked beastly, but I wish they would have showed it more.
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... July 3, 2009

GREAT!

Awesome movie, would like to see more like it (original!).
Adult Written bydcard1869 April 9, 2008
Its a scifi thriller.For what we have seen in past, its what I expected, not some scary or horrible movie, or a waste of time, like the reviews Ive read before I saw it.I found it interesting, my kids liked it, and the only complaint would be leaving everything at end to imagination.Why did everyone whine its like 911?...Did you expect a 25 story tall terrorist to be doing all that was in movie? If you know its going to be sci fi, then expect it to be sci fi.....
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 21, 2012

Wow CSM,you gotta be kidding.

Just because it's loud dosen't mean kids can't watch it.Pfffttt,it's not as if kids would sit on their mom's laps or cry while watching movie.It's a really cool movie to be honest.Everytime my parents get KFC for dinner,I put the DVD in,and watch!
Adult Written byjesus3boy April 24, 2009
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Edge of your seat

Parents should know that Cloverfield is not as family-friendly as the old Godzilla movies. The first 10 minutes of the movie contain a heavy amount of innuendo, but that stops as soon as the monster shows up. The language is very excessive, however. More excessive then in most PG-13 movies. But I have to give good points in the "social behavior" category. All of the main characters stuck together, even when it wasn't to their personal advantage. And one of them risked his life to help his girlfriend, even after he found out she left him for another guy. You won't find any disloyalty in the main characters.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 17 year old Written bySmartViewer September 18, 2009

Excellent, but very dark.

This is a dark, dark movie. Not quite horror, but is right between PG-13 and R. I would have rated this PG-3, but it still isn't necessarily appropriate for younger teens and preteens. It's a very good movie, and even my ten year old enjoyed it. What is the monster? Well, it looks like a turtle without a shell!