All teen and kid member reviews for Cloverfield

Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2010

e.g. Perfect for tweens or at age 12, but not younger

I loved this movie! It was really good! The only thing that was bad was in the beginning when he did the camera on the naked lady which tweens should cover their eyes for that. And there was violence. I would say kids below the age of 12 couldn't watch it unless they've seen scary movies before and have handled it, like me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythatkid101 January 15, 2010

Horror At It's Best

at 84 minutes, it's a perfect length for the story and format the film is presented in (it uses the "shaky cam" motif (it was filmed on a handheld camera) to give the film a gritty and grotesque look, without relying on extreme violence and gore to scare the viewer. While this format does tend to cause motion sicknes in some, it's obviously a very unique and modern approach. Like I stated earlier, this film has no need for extreme gore and violence, but there still is a large amount (cuts and bruises, and one particurly intense and disturbing sequence which causes and unfortunate fate of a main character) and it mainly delivers scares from suspense and the unknown. This film I garuntee will scare the crap out of you and you must see it whenever you get the chance.
Teen, 16 years old Written byclaycoz December 30, 2009

no kids under 12

well i saw this movie a wile back and i think it depends on what your kids can handle that goes for all movies. But this movie has some graphic images of people blowing up and exploding in blood behind a curtain (its PG-13 and they had to keep it that way) But otherwise i really enjoyed this movie i have always loved monster movies and this one was loud,explosive and perfect.
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

One of the best movies I ever seen!

I loved this movie! I saw this movie when I was 10 and did not get scared. It might be bad for some kids if they get scared easily. But if you like thrillers and screaming movies you will love this movie. It doesn't make you scream you just hear a lot of screaming ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 November 5, 2009

Good for teens and mature tweens

I thought that it was a good movie. The early scene shows a women in bed, but nothing is seen. There WAS a lot of violence, but it didn't scare me or my friend. It was not very realistic. I think anyone over the age of 12 can watch it, as the only scary part was the explosions, there was really no suspence or thrill.
Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2009
I think it is okay for some kids 10+ and 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover1222 October 15, 2009

Awesome movie!!!

I loved this movie. But not for younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
A rather pointless yet enjoyable movie, yet very disturbing. Not for young ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharrypotterlover10 August 15, 2009
I loved the movie. There are rommor that there is going to be a sequal or a prequel. It was really good and scarry. It was not bloddy or anything. It is like a endge of your seat thriller. I think it was a great movie. Don't let the youngest kids see it. I saw it when I was 12. I think that is the lowest age that should watch it.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009
Frequent use of innapropriate language, some *ual discussion and behaviors, and very terrifying violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byk-man_922 July 28, 2009

A Great Monster Movie!

Loud, violent and scary. Cloverfield combines the first person feel of "The Blair Witch Project" with a monster movie. The result is a entertaing but forgetable movie, which is only another stepping stone for J.J. Abrams.
Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2009
This movie was so good!
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2009
WEIRD!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2009

worst movie ever

stupid movie... the camera is handheld and is shaky the whole movie...what's the point of watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerick112 February 20, 2009

HOLY CRAP!

i saw this movie in the theater the second day. before all the intensity happens i was already shaking in my seat. right as the action starts i was shaking and jumping out of my seat. that feeling in the theater will never be the same. i still love the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byScythe December 26, 2008

Greatest thriller since See No Evil

I loved this movie. A lot of people complained about the camera shake, but I actually thought that it added to the film's fiction, making it more realistic and actually plausible. You don't hear that about a lot of monster films. There IS a lot of innuendo in the beginning but I think that's a non-issue due to the fact that most 13 year olds have heard all that by then. There is quite a bit of gore in this movie, a bit too much for PG-13. The S-word is dropped a lot, too, but like I said about the innuendo, it's a non-issue. The gore is mostly in one scene inside a makeshift military hospital, where you see a corpse with the chest exploded being pushed on a cart. Later in the same scene, a character begins bleeding from their eyes and mouth, gets pushed behind a curtain, and promptly explodes, splattering blood all over the curtain. I wouldn't recommend taking anyone less than 15 to see this due to the gore and fright factor, but I still thought it was a very good movie.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2008

My favorite movie EVER!!!

It was the best movie i had ever seen! there's a couple of gory parts and its kind of scary, but it's still awesome!! I like that its being recorded from a hand held.

great movie

i luved this movie. it was funny scary n had action. it was SO AWESOME!!! me n my friend saw this n luved it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDavidDotCom April 9, 2008