All member reviews for Cloverfield

Teen, 13 years old Written byseishou April 9, 2008

good movie, stop giving such bad reveiws

despite what most people say, i found it to be quite a good movie, very suspenseful. even though people all wanted to see the monster, thats not really the point, as i said before, a really good movie, and you do get good looks at the monster attacking the city. as for the camera being shaky, its realistic, thats how it should be, not another regular monster movie. *spoiler* at the part in the subway tunnels i about freaked, it was awesome!

A WASTE OF MONEY!

This movie was downright awful. The camera was so terrible most of the movie you are clueless about what's going on. The majority of the movie that isn't so shaky is extremely boring. But the worst part is what I'm about to SPOIL ALERT for you. The only reason anybody went to see the movie was to find out what the monster was and how it ends. As it turns out, the monster is only visible for 30 seconds with terrible shots, but what you do see is a puppet that looks like 1941 Godzilla, and the movie ends with the camcorder being dropped, or smashed, or something. No clue what happened. Don't buy it, you'll want to smash the DVD.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypapascrep April 9, 2008

They should've provided a barfbag!

Cloverfield was a very interesting movie. You'd think it was another film about the end of the world by a giant monster that attacks NYC. You'd think. Turns out it had a pretty cool storyline. I would've given it 5 stars if it weren't for the camerawork. the documentary style was not for me. It was so shaky, i couldn't take it. It wasn't till the middle of the movie when i realized that i was feeling sick because of the movie! i couldnt believe it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byquaycomputer April 9, 2008

Very disappointed

The concept and the plot of the movie is a mastermind. The viewing aspect is very unique, however, too shaky. There are a lot of unnecessary movement of the camera. The movie would be better if it was edited or in different perspective. This movie really hurt my eyes. The director didn't use this camera technique in a right way. I'm very disappointed at such a great movie but ruined by the shaky movement.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvideogamer24RD April 9, 2008

Drop the camera and run!

Cloverfield was a very unique movie. The entire film was shot as though by someone with a home video camera, so the camera movements are very choppy. The plot follows 5 New Yorkers trying to escape Manhattan after a monster attacks, so there is plenty of violence. In a subway tunnel, small monsters attack the cameraman and his friends, and a girl gets bitten. Later, her stomache explodes, sending blood all across the screen. At the beginning, the main character films his girlfriend in bed sleeping after a "heck of a night." The language is bad as well. The cameraman is constantly saying "HOLY S--T!" There is also some other language. I would say someone needs to be a least 15 and can take some intense violence mixed with minor horror scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzimm7 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bymango921 April 9, 2008

OMG

this movie is a good one, but when it ended abruptly, i was like: "huh? did they kill the monster?!? what happened to the first girl who escaped on the first chopper?!?!? this movie had a horrible ending... i wasnt expecting "haapilly ever after", but i mean, at least tell what happened at the end... its a good action/sci-fi movie but the ending was horrible =P

Great movie

This movie has a bunch of little things that may not be ok with kids. For example, some movies have extreme violence, others have extreme drinking, this doesn't have an extreme anything, it just dabs into every category. Now, an early warning, if you get motion sickness easily, this is not a movie for you. The shaky camera even bothered me a little, and I almost never get motion sick. Also, this movie has a very, VERY open ending. Us fans of Lost are used to this, but if you don't like open endings, this is not a movie for you. The monster did not disappoint. I gotta admit, that was one pretty cool looking monster, not some dumb lizard thing. Also, the action did not disappoint. Almost constant action, not boring in the least. Basically, an overall great movie.

Wow!

After seeing this movie, i am jaw dropped. it had great special effects, great acting, and a great story. I highly reccomend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byYossarian April 9, 2008

Holy crap....

This movie was Amazing! first off, do not under any circumstances see this movie if you have motion sickness, my friend had to go hurl halfway through. The style emulates the Blair Whitch Project, w/ a handheld cmera, so be warned. No good for under 13, blood, hella scary. I dont think my mouth closed out of amazement or horror the entire time, nor did my feet touch the floor. You might hear that the ending or monster explaination (or lack therof) were sub par, but that was really the point. this is a story about some friends thrown into a trans-apocalyptic monster attack, if they dont know what's going on, why should we? the themes get pretty heavy, so be carefull, but man o man is this a good flick.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnmcclane April 9, 2008

This really is the first great movie of 2008

This movie was great, from all the special effects and the action scenes. Although it's a bit frightning for younger viewers, this film is good all teens and up. PS: Anybody who compares this movie to 9/11 is an idiot.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Loved every minute of it.

This movie really wasn't that bad, I don't think. Slim to none in the sexual area. Moderate violence, really not that much. There was, however, an extremely surprising amount of blood/gore. Somebody explodes, leaving blood all over a plastic sheet, and you see a (rather large) hole in someone's stomach who's being carried out on a stretcher. There were a few s-words, and not much other language. Overall I'd say a 13+ at the worst. As I said in my "title", I loved every minute of it, and would love to see a sequel. There's so much more behind this than they tell you -- look into the viral marketing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieguy101 April 9, 2008

Great movie....if you don't mind the camera movement

Me and my friends went to see this, and most of us loved it. I liked it because of the 1st person view, making it seem like you were really there. The view added intensity and realism. Some people complain about the movie not explaining anything about the monster, THINK ABOUT IT! Your running around New York trying to save a friend and trying to survive, do you really expect to find out every single little thing about the monster. All you need to to know is it's attacking and you need to run. However, if you get motion sickness or dizzy really easy, this movie is not for you. In conclusion, i liked this movie.

If Live Free or Die Hard was 14+, this should be 15+

I saw this movie with a coulple friends for my birthday the monday after it came out. I thought it was pretty good, but I've seen better movies. DON'T LET THE TITLE(of my review) RUB YOU THE WRONG WAY,I just thought that the violence in this movie was worse than LForDH and that LForDH should have been 13+ and CF 14+. CS didn't even say the worst parts. A girl/boy main character explodes, blood is shown but the girl/boy is behind a curtain and the camera quickly looks away. Thanks for reading my review.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywowiamcool108 April 9, 2008

LOUD and awesome

This was an excellent movie. It was VERY loud and kinda creepy at some parts. The movie is presented as film from a handheld video camera from on of the characters so it really feels like your there. There is one creepy part where the group is attacked by (I wont spoil it) in a pitch black place (jumping out of the dark/dragging people into the dark) where blood splatters on the camera. Later on we see images of injured people and one close-up of a man who's chest has exploded (bloody innards/ribs shown briefly). Later still a main character bleeds from their eyes then explodes (the person is taken behind a screen where we see her outline swell then explode with blood splashing all over screen and body parts flying). They say s--t a few times in desperation.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjosh1422 April 9, 2008

DONT SEE IT!

dont believe the other kids reiviewing this. it was horrible. it doesnt explain anything about the monsters and its only 70 minutes long. its just about people running around. dont waste 8 bucks on it

Cloverfield is the first decent movie of 2008...

After several months of Internet hype, Cloverfield is finally here, and trust me, you won't be disappointed! Parents, be warned; the monster is scary and shown several times, and several spoilerific situations kill some main protanganists. No nudity though! A couple other things you should know too...first off, bring Dramamine with you to the theater, because you'll need it. Secondly, stay all the way until the end of the movie and past the credits for a special scene. And thirdly, don't get to the theater late, because a trailer for the new 'Star Trek' movie is in front of Cloverfield, and boy is it cool! Overall, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE...IT ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybananabrain04 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohan April 9, 2008

Awesome new style! A great monster movie and alternative to The Host!

This film is amazing and incredible. I absolutley loved it from start to finish. Something to watch with your girlfriend or boyfriend, because it is amazing and packs in all the thrills you need for this kind of movie. The style of camera is used excellently and I don't think it's ever been put to better use. Watch this movie. Excellent.