All member reviews for Clueless

Charming, funny take on Jane Austen's Emma.

Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2009

Great movie, but some sexual content.

I loved this movie! I watched it at age eleven with my mom and fell in love with this movie! But you should know that if you watch this movie, there's gonna be a little bit of sexual content in some of the parts of the movie. So, maybe if you feel uncomfortable with that, you should wait until you have "the talk" with your parents.
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

Fine if your stable

This is a VERY funny movie and although there is drugs, alcohol and sex Cher and her friend avoid the majority of it (taking the bad role model out of the question) Some product placement but it doesn't bother me
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2009

Great movie, if a little inappropriate.

This is one of my favorite movies; But it does have some bad messages. There are at least two 4-letter-words tossed around in each scene, under-age teens drink at a party, a lot of talk about virginity and sex, and one character is portrayed as a junkie. This movie would be great for a mature kid, just make sure you know where the mute button is.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

I laughed lots! Classic teen movie!

I know this isnt really my kinda movie, but i must admit, it was REALLY funny! My twin sister begged me to watch it so i caved. Some of the jokes are reasonable sexual (references to genetals being crooked, virginity and periods are about as bad as it gets) and there is quite alot of bad behavior here, but Cher herself is a sweety! The only little concern for 13 year olds is the casual drug use. Cher admits smoking weed round the clock is bad, however her and her friends still smoke some at a party... Overall GREAT movie! There's nothing in here 13 year olds cant handle.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycxvv August 16, 2012

Classic,

For the first time I'm not going to make an actual recap because you can look at it however you want. Just watch it. What are clueless, it explains generation itself?! Tell me how many movies can do that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 6, 2013

great movie

I watched Clueless when I was about six and loved it. it was interesting, girly, romantic, fun, funny and probably one of the best chic flics i have ever seen. this movie is especially good to watch at a girls sleep over, its a movie that almost everyone there would enjoy. I defiantly recommend this movie, its a movie that every girl must see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

pretty good

I didn't like it that much, but it was pretty OK. A little too sexy though. Ages 13+
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010

I have been watching this when I was really young, and it's a good movie to watch for everyone.
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2010

good for any one who has hade "the talk", and tweens to teens

It was a good movie. At first when I heard about it I thought I might not like it because it was old. but it was somthing I'd whatch again. there was some sexual behaver and some drinking . If your worried about It whatch it with your child.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCindiCC February 21, 2013

Disagree with the critics

Watched it with our 11 year old but stopped it after high school party drug scene and vomiting in the pool. Really not appropriate for our 13 year old either. HS girls talked about being sexual active, open use of drugs at a party, open drug talk in many scenes. Hey, this is not normal for the kids I know.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 2, 2012

clueless

Families can talk about the ways that Cher is less than honest with herself about her motivations for her "good deeds," and what different choices she might have made. Tai is also a character who is less than true to herself, and pays a price. Was what she went through worth it? Does Cher learn and grow over the course of the story? Families might also want to look at Austen's novel and see how the adaptation reflects the original.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

The 80's Mean Girls

This movie was very funny and the girls seemed so real like they were really mean girls. I watch it evertime it is on the movie channel
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 March 12, 2011

The best

One of my favorite movies.I watch it everytime it comes on even if its almost over ill still watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 21, 2009

Dumb,dumb, dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A super dumb movie, a butchering of Jane austen
Teen, 17 years old Written bylabourforblair April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2010

for teens, not tweens

Good movie for older teens to relate to.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCOOLIO-girl August 21, 2009

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the girl is real nice and get a date for a teacher,and likes doing good deeds,bt her freinds say s**t a LOT. and they talk about sex and almost have it....,.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzarasayshi August 1, 2009

funnyy

good moviiiiiiiie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Really good. [: