Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2018

Awesome movie!!!

(spoiler alert) Really good movie! I loved it! It has some drinking/drugs/smoking, but it's not too much for a 7 year old or older. It doesn't have any sex or bad language, but it is violent. It isn't too violent for 7 year olds or older, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger. It's an exciting, fun movie with creative Dia de los Muertos decorations in the background. It doesn't have scary halloween skeletons that give you nightmares, but nice, Day of the Dead Mexican skeletons that just want to party. There is one part where one person poisons wine for another person on purpose, and another part where he tries to kill a little kid by throwing him off a balcony. But not much else. It does have good messages, though. I really loved it and would recommend it to kids and adults 7 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoibird February 17, 2018

My rating: PG

Really fun movie, with great messages!

Teen, 15 years old Written byBRIXTON February 14, 2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

This movie had so many positive messages (find it yourself!)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDevilWarrior February 7, 2018

Great Movie with a very good message

This is movie is not too scary like some people say,is basically a message about how important is the family

Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2018

Coco Review

Remember me, though I have to say goodbye, remember me... Stunningly animated adventure is funny, emotional and adorable, all at the same time! The story follows 12 year old Miguel, a boy descended from a music-forbidding family, but who has a unique passion for guitar, and is eager to end up like his idol Ernesto De La Cruz, and follow his road to fame. But though despite his family's hearts set against his ambitions, Miguel tries to find a way to bring musical joy into their lives, and on the way, he finds out he could be related to De La Cruz, he goes up close to De La Cruz's guitar, a forbidden to touch artefact, he ends up in The Land of the Dead, and that is where the drama begins... The language is extremely mild (e.g. stupid, idiot, freak etc), and there are only 1 or 2 potentially frightening scenes (e.g. Death of a loved one, brief poisoning of a major character etc), it is definitely a perfect film for a family with kids from 6 to late 20s and above! And also the musical score is fabulous! I give Coco 4/5 stars, and say it's ok for kids ages 6+.

Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2018

Amazing coco

It is great

Teen, 14 years old Written bylgk2003 January 26, 2018

Stunning, adorable, and inspiring

Coco is by far one of the most intricate and aesthetically-pleasing Disney-Pixar movies I have seen. I was expecting all of the catchy songs and great animations, but was pleasantly surprised by all of the plots twists (Disney's upped their game since Frozen) and the movie's depth (i was sobbing into my mascara off by the last time they sang "Remember Me"). It was also extremely educational, which I didn't expect. I got a good look into Días de Los Muertos and how beautiful it is. As somebody who has dealt with loss recently, the emphasis on family hit a soft spot with me. I love how they portrayed the family always caring for their children and being with them even when they are gone. This message will probably go over the heads of the little kids watching Coco, but as a teenager it was so comforting. I always get scared when a new Disney movie comes out, but Coco definitely lived up to the others.

Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2018
Beautiful animation! Very colorful and bright, the imagery isn't as scary as it sounds, and pretty funny! Teaches messages of family, doing what you love, support, and more! One part is a little dark for a kid's show, and that is a murder by poison shown, but it's pixar, and it's still a great show! Highly recommend it! My rating: PG for brief scenes of violence, comical fighting, and brief romance.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHvdvd January 12, 2018

It’s good but

I thinks it’s amazing I don’t think it’s scary some parents say it is but it is a really good family film

Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2017

Very inspirational and touching!

Watching the movie Coco with my parents was an amazing experience. Pixar did a wonderful job portraying the Mexican culture and there were no stereotypical characters. Which is very important because the characters are the foundation to a good story. The plot moved along perfectly and was not at all strung together, it was a soothing flow that made you never want the movie to end. And don't even get me started on the animation! Everything from the opening scene to the end credits is beautifully animated with colorful locations and intricate details included in every frame. The acting was outstanding as well, every line drawing you deeper into the world of Coco! Even the music made me feel alive! This movie is a must see story about family and following your dreams!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysinnarg December 30, 2017

Must see of 2017

This movie is one of the most beautiful animated movies I have ever seen. Not only that but it has a great story with some incredible twists that will just blow your mind. There is part of the movie were there is a talk about a murder and stuff that some kids six and seven might find a little strange depending on there level of sensitivity but that would be the only reason for someone to be scared.Even if you don't have kids or grand kids to take you should still see this movie because it is one of the great animated movies of the past few years, definitely going to be a strong canidate for the oscars this year.

Teen, 16 years old Written byYuongHuao N. December 29, 2017

Best emotional films

Excellent movie, Emotional, Family, Holiday/Festival, Happiness, Sadness, Cultural respectful, Warm-up, Heart warming, Imaginational, Fantasy, Impressed, Hopeful, Respectful, Musician Traditional, Curiosity, Childhood moment, ECT. Following traditional festival This movie is so wonderful and I'm very like it and also this movie is so good that I can't describe with any words. If you haven't watched yet go immediately watch the movie CoCo This movie is referring cultural corner traditional of family moment. I'm highly recommended to watch it. Don't miss the magical moment of Coco is a great movie !!!!!!

Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2017

Best movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!

So good but it is for 8 and over because you have to understand plot twists and murder. So good for older kids I am 9 and I loved it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKingRobert December 25, 2017

Stunning

Beautifully done

Teen, 15 years old Written byPercy December 23, 2017
As someone who's Mexican, I absolutely loved this! It's my new favorite movie. The songs are catchy, and the fact that they got Latino voice actors is awesome!

Teen, 17 years old Written byJoseph Thomas December 12, 2017

The best disney film EVER

It's really Magical

Teen, 13 years old Written byJye December 12, 2017

Love it

A very lovely heartfelt story which really touches the heart a sad one to but very nice it my best all time

Kid, 10 years old December 9, 2017

#1 movie of the year

The story, animation, and voices were all fantastic. My 5 year old cousin saw it with me and he loved it.

Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2017

Really good movie sad with a touch of scary

Great for families skelotons are kind of scary if your kids are younger

Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2017

Colorful and adorable movie pulls at heartstrings!

I admit, I wasn't so sure about Coco when I walked into the movie theater. It was an animated kids cartoon, which can either be really good and really bad. And judging from the constant TV commercials Coco had, I was pretty sure it was going to be cheesy and boring. But since it's my hobby to rate and review places and productions, I went to see the movie anyways. And boy was I wrong about Coco being boring and cheesy! The movie is very good for kids. Much of the movie is colorful and lively, and there's almost no rude statements in the entire movie! I definitely learned a lot about the Day of the Dead, despite learning all about it in Spanish class. Summary: [SPOILER ALERT] Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. Now for the details you are looking for. Both Miguel and his friends can be defiant and rude, but all learn that, in the end, family comes first, a good lesson for all ages. Although Miguel's family is helpful in him following his dreams and going back home, they could be a little more supportive of his personal dreams and wishes. There's almost no violence, and what there is is cartoon violence and humourous, although there is a rather scary plot twist near the end of the movie that changes everything. There's no sex or swearing, and consumerism is kept to a minimum, even with merchandise. Although wine and other drinks are drunk in some instances, theres still not a ton of drinking. So I would rate this movie for ages two and up. The end even made me cry! If you're considering watching their movie, I would recommend it for all ages! Trust me, you'll enjoy this wonderful fiesta!