Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJoseph Thomas December 12, 2017

The best disney film EVER

It's really Magical

Teen, 13 years old Written byJye December 12, 2017

Love it

A very lovely heartfelt story which really touches the heart a sad one to but very nice it my best all time

Kid, 10 years old December 9, 2017

#1 movie of the year

The story, animation, and voices were all fantastic. My 5 year old cousin saw it with me and he loved it.

Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2017

Really good movie sad with a touch of scary

Great for families skelotons are kind of scary if your kids are younger

Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2017

Colorful and adorable movie pulls at heartstrings!

I admit, I wasn't so sure about Coco when I walked into the movie theater. It was an animated kids cartoon, which can either be really good and really bad. And judging from the constant TV commercials Coco had, I was pretty sure it was going to be cheesy and boring. But since it's my hobby to rate and review places and productions, I went to see the movie anyways. And boy was I wrong about Coco being boring and cheesy! The movie is very good for kids. Much of the movie is colorful and lively, and there's almost no rude statements in the entire movie! I definitely learned a lot about the Day of the Dead, despite learning all about it in Spanish class. Summary: [SPOILER ALERT] Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.
Now for the details you are looking for. Both Miguel and his friends can be defiant and rude, but all learn that, in the end, family comes first, a good lesson for all ages. Although Miguel's family is helpful in him following his dreams and going back home, they could be a little more supportive of his personal dreams and wishes. There's almost no violence, and what there is is cartoon violence and humourous, although there is a rather scary plot twist near the end of the movie that changes everything. There's no sex or swearing, and consumerism is kept to a minimum, even with merchandise. Although wine and other drinks are drunk in some instances, theres still not a ton of drinking. So I would rate this movie for ages two and up. The end even made me cry!
If you're considering watching their movie, I would recommend it for all ages! Trust me, you'll enjoy this wonderful fiesta!

Teen, 13 years old Written byWellDontMindMe December 8, 2017

Kind-Hearted, Positive Message, Beautifully Written

This movie has to be one of my favorites. You never get bored, and through many climatic moments there’s still a good message. It’s so beautifully written and I cried about 2 times seeing it in theatres! The animation style is also stunning. The only thing I would have to say is maybe not suitable for ages under 7 because it may get confusing for them at times or it may be too emotional. Overall, a fantastic movie with a great message and lighthearted humour.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlex303 December 6, 2017

Great Movie!

I watched this in the movie theatres the other day. And the movie is amazing! The songs are beautiful! Many people say that's it a mix in between 'The Book Of Life' and 'Kubo and the two Strings.' But in my opinion... It's way better.
Totally recommend this
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2017

Coco Is Quite Violent and Scary But Is Fantastic.

This film is absolutely amazing, and fits the culture well, however, I wouldn't necessarily say this is a kids film. It deals with heavy subject matter, not only is this about the day of the dead, there's a murder subplot where (this isn't explicitly mentioned, but it's heavily implied as a "substance") a character drugs up another person through some liquor, and kills him. Speaking of Liquor and Drugs, there are plenty you see having a drink while doing something else. (This isn't really touched on too much, though.) Getting back to violence, there are quite a few deaths, and the subject matter of people forgetting their loved ones may be scary. To top this off, they combine those 2 negative elements and make a belief where if no one remembers you, you disappear from the land of the dead, to "an unknown place". In terms of sex, also, several skeletons are seen wearing rather suggestive outfits that seem sexy towards some.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG for Thematic Elements Involving Violence, Some Drinking and Brief Mild Suggestive Content

Teen, 16 years old Written byMikey619mihi December 3, 2017

Pixar as always again made an fascinating film that not only kids even adults would love.

Don't worry parents just take your kids to this movie they will love it
Teen, 15 years old Written by2A13 December 2, 2017

Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2017

This movie is really well done!

This movie is great for kids who are six and up. It is also great for families to watch altogether. There are intense and emotional scenes in Coco, but overall I thought this movie was really well done.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2017

Great interpretation of Day of the Dead

Usually, the most iconic thing about Day of the Dead for people who don't celebrate it is the skulls. Pixar seems to have taken it to the next level with Coco. I love how they made a really cool story to go with tradition that is so entertaining!!!
As a hispanic myself, I think this is a funny movie that moved me to tears. I also love the fact that the grandma actually used the 'chancla' its a common mexican punishment and I like how the producer took it into account. I don't find it offensive at all and my entire family loved it. A must watch!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNadiacloud November 26, 2017

Really great and dark film

I really enjoyed Coco. Loved the concept and all the beautiful imagery. I can tell that Pixar put so much work into this masterpiece. My biggest complaint is how dark it is. I thought it was very brutal when Ernesto De la Cruz got killed by a bell. However, Bravo Pixar!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeckledhyena November 25, 2017

Brilliant

I saw this movie earlier today. I've heard multiple good things about this movie - and those good things were right! It was funny, sad, and beautiful. The characters are also good rolemodels and show good examples of perseverance, gratitude, family, and teamwork. There's also some information on "Day Of The Dead" and other Mexican cultures.
While there are some intimidating moments, like skeletons falling apart multiple times, the large winged panther, or the mention of murder, such moments are short and fairly mild. There's also a few adults drinking alcohol of some sort, but they're doing so responsibly and it's not explicitly stated as alcohol.
The plot of the movie overall was amazing. It definitely deserved its good reviews and ratings. If you enjoyed the movie "The Book Of Life", I'm certain you'll love "Coco". It has a lot of similarities to that movie too!