Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMandee3 July 27, 2018

Probably one of the best Pixar movies ever made.

This movie is well scripted and played correctly. It has the elements of living in the upperlife and living in the dead. I like how it is a Spanish-style themed rather than an American one. I have the DVD and it feels like I am the queen of the world!

Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2018

best movie 2018!

Great movie, quite sad, beautiful, it's got amazing music and a out of this world plot-line. It's about the day of the dead and a boy who accidentally travels there and meets all his ancestors then finds out the true story of his family. There is a scene were somebody was murdered by poison from a drink so, if that may not be suitable for your child then maybe cover their eyes at that part but apart from that it's an great film for all the family. (Some skeletons fade away but its not so bad just slightly sad)for under 4 it may be a bit over-whelming .

Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2018

What I think of Coco

Did make me emotional, so watch out for that

Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2018

Fabulous Movie

I love this movie. The plot was complicated and unpredictable... I was way off when I guessed the ending. This movie has a creative storyline and great, believable characters! I rated this 8+ because some more sensitive, younger children might not like the looks of the skeletons, even though they generally look friendly rather than spooky. Coco is a tale of music and family, a great film that's appropriate for any family movie night.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFallOutGirl21 July 3, 2018

Cute movie about family values and Mexican culture

I didn't enjoy this as much as other people did but it's still a fun and colourful movie to watch. Several scenes of characters in peril, but all are saved at the end though. The skeletons can be a bit scary for younger kids. One character has a sad backstory (his best friend poisoned him and stole his music). Miguel is a good role model for kids as are most of the other characters. No swearies, but a few name calling. I don't remember any drinking. Overall a colourful movie with good messages and role models. Kids 7 and up will enjoy it.

Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2018

This movie sends good messages and shows the importance of family though can be sad

Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2018

Diverse and Beautiful

I am like 12 and I cried A LOT during this film. clearly in my top 15 animated films and ranks (6) for me (check out my other reviews by clicking on my channel. Also no swearing anything offensive

Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2018

amazing and kid friendly

I think that coco is a good film for children and adults alike, it has some mild teasing but other than that there is no language. There is a bit of violence but not anything little kids can't handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySn0wwy June 26, 2018

It's a really sweet movie!

It's an amazing movie about the importance of family, with well made characters and an interesting plot. I saw it in theaters, and It's one of my favorite Disney/Pixar movies now! It's really funny in some parts too. However, there is one part that includes the murder of someone (without blood, but it does show them falling over from poisoning), so if you don't want your kid to see that then you should either not let them see that part or not see the movie at all.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySZ123 June 25, 2018

Great for all!

My nieces and I watched this movie and loved it! We ended up singing ‘Remember Me’ all day the next day. I, of course, got teary-eyed multiple times but the kids found it to be hilarious and understood the message about family and the afterlife.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytimdrakebestrobin June 24, 2018
Coco is directed by Lee Unkrich, and stars Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Gael Garcia-Bernal, Renee Victor, Alanna Ubach, and Ana Ofelia Murguia
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovies16 June 17, 2018

Great movie and Great messages

This movie is literally for everyone. It’s gives a great message about family and music.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylydia129 June 16, 2018

Amazing!!

I watched this movie with my three-year-old brother and sister. They LOVED it, and so did I. This movie is sweet and entertaining - it's family-friendly. The movie has an exciting plot and a great message, and it's one of the movies that I'll watch over and over. It was FANTASTIC, and fun for kids of all ages.

Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2018

SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!!

It was so heart-touching!!!! IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! A little sad, BUT SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST WATCH THIS. In some scenes there is drinking involved but not in any bad way.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheLostPotato June 8, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byKayleee419 May 19, 2018

Good movie!

I feel like this is a great movie for kids and adults. It touches on different cultures, and is very heart touching. The only things are that the movie is pretty hard to follow along for little kids. There is so many connections in the movie like puzzle pieces that you have to fit together for the movie to make sense, and some little kids might not be able to follow along as well. The others thing is there is some poisoning, and some little violence, which is not a bad thing, but if your kid is sensitive, it might be a small problem. In all, this is a great movie, and I recommend seeing it!

Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2018

Great Movie!

Not a single thing wrong except for words younger audiences might find gross or inappropriate.

Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2018

Sad, funny, and very musical.

Coco is a great family movie. If you would like to watch a movie with your child or friend, I recommend this. The story is very sad, and I almost cried. It is very educational because it shows you that you should follow your dreams! There are many parts that are hilariously funny, and you will find yourself in the most colorful world that warms your heart. Disney has really outdone themselves this time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrazor1751 May 13, 2018

Loved it!!

I loved the movie. It was so good that I saw it 3 times! Well, you should bring kids 7 and up because do you want to get hit by a bell?

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2018