Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheLostPotato June 8, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byKayleee419 May 19, 2018

Good movie!

I feel like this is a great movie for kids and adults. It touches on different cultures, and is very heart touching. The only things are that the movie is pretty hard to follow along for little kids. There is so many connections in the movie like puzzle pieces that you have to fit together for the movie to make sense, and some little kids might not be able to follow along as well. The others thing is there is some poisoning, and some little violence, which is not a bad thing, but if your kid is sensitive, it might be a small problem. In all, this is a great movie, and I recommend seeing it!

Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2018

Great Movie!

Not a single thing wrong except for words younger audiences might find gross or inappropriate.

Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2018

Sad, funny, and very musical.

Coco is a great family movie. If you would like to watch a movie with your child or friend, I recommend this. The story is very sad, and I almost cried. It is very educational because it shows you that you should follow your dreams! There are many parts that are hilariously funny, and you will find yourself in the most colorful world that warms your heart. Disney has really outdone themselves this time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrazor1751 May 13, 2018

Loved it!!

I loved the movie. It was so good that I saw it 3 times! Well, you should bring kids 7 and up because do you want to get hit by a bell?

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmy Rahi April 28, 2018

Perfect and Amazing Family Film

Don't miss this epic adventure with lovable characters. The little complex story might confuse children, but be sure that you will adore the colorful animation, touching messages and the blend of adventure, action, mystery and emotion!

Teen, 17 years old Written byAlexander Belaun. April 19, 2018

The best Disney/Pixar movie i've ever seen!!

The movie was very good, i think a lot of people LOVED the movie. I almost went out of the theather because of the Frozen clip, because i thought i got the wrong room!! It was great. I do not recomend to watch it with sensitive kids. It's really sad.

Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2018

The Best Pixar Movie Ever!

This is one of the favorite Pixar movies ever. I don't think the skeletons or the spirits are creepy at all, however, I think the great-grandma is kind of scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissBookaHolic April 7, 2018

Sweet, cultural, and heartwarming

Coco is stunningly animated and with richly developed plot that stands out from the other family movies out there. The characters stay in you long after the movie closes, and the story pulls heartstrings.

Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2018

Great movie

Some people think that it is a rip-off of the book of life, but it's not. It's complety different. Just beacuse Disney and Pixar made two movies about the same culture doesn't mean they copied the ideas! In one part, a guy drugs achocol so there is that.

Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2018

Amazing movie!

Pixar truly never disappoints. Coco is such a wonderful film. It has a great storyline, great characters, excellent music, and beautiful animation! It also educates non-Mexican viewers about Mexican culture, and many Mexicans and Mexican-Americans have praised Coco for its accurate representation of their culture. In particular, I was impressed with the scene where the main character, Miguel, watches his favorite musician play the guitar attempts to learn every bit of the song he's playing on guitar. As a musician, I was very impressed with the care that the animators took to make sure the chords were exact. The voice acting in this movie is amazing, especially from newcomer Anthony Gonzalez, who has a bright future ahead of him. I didn't think this movie was scary at all, but it is pretty sad, so if your kid isn't fond of sad movies, then this movie isn't for them. The message is great, and not at all the generic "follow your dreams and don't let anything stop you!" message I was expecting. All in all, see this movie!

Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2018

AMAZING

soo heartwarming

Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2018
I like this a lot. It's a little embarrassing in some spots, though ("nude" skeleton etc) and it's kind of scary maybe for little kids. It also has some drinking. But it has a great message and made me want to remember my ancestors and stuff. And the music and plot are really good.

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2018

Beautiful, Saddest Movie I've ever seen

Coco is a beautiful movie that has great characters, wonderful songs, and a story that made me cry. It teaches about the importance of family and about dia de los muertos (day of the dead)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLaxGirl13 March 22, 2018

Amazing!

This movie is fun for the whole family. My younger siblings and even my dad liked it a lot! It has beautiful animation and a great storyline, as well as teaching kids about the holidays in other cultures.
Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2018

great movie

okay kinda like frozen. but over all good. reminded me of a ninjago ep from s 5. good music. that remember me song was good. and yet a week later i went to target. and there the song was. stupid was like the focus word

Teen, 16 years old Written bypineless10 March 21, 2018

Adored this movie!

I'm not one for animated movies, so when my parents and sister dragged me to this movie, I had my doubts, but this movie is amazing!

That being said, this movie can be disturbing to children. *spoilers here* The play revolves around a boy who accidentally travels to the land of the dead after getting into a fight with his family. There are skeletons, family yelling at the younger boy, and later revealed that Miguel's great-grandfather was poisoned by his best friend, which stopped him from getting back to his wife and child. They do show a sort of flashback of this poison scene, so if your child is sensitive, this could scare them. All of that aside, this movie is a really great movie about the importance of family and music. I would recommend this movie to anyone with older children or children who are prepared/emotionally strong enough to handle this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNadia Cloud March 20, 2018

Really beautiful film but very scary for minors.

Coco was an amazing film. Had a great storyline, outstanding imagery, and compelling characters. I think that kids should not watch it because it is very dark and scary and a character dies from drinking alcohol. I definitely recommend this to people 17 and up.

Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2018

Wonderfully animated film may be scary for sensitive kids

I saw Coco with my sister and dad and all three of us loved it! Coco is about a boy named Miguel who loves music and playing instruments, but whose family isn’t supportive of his dream to become a musician. It has some elements that you’ll see in any typical Disney movie, but it goes deeper and has more depth than some other fairy-tale or Disney adaptations. The movie was amazingly animated, and some of the visual effects onscreen were out- of -this -world, just positively breathtaking. I am not usually a huge Disney fan unlike some other people I know, but I will admit that this is one of my favorite 2017 movies. Coco won the 2018 Oscar for best animated and I think this movie deserved that award, for both the plot and the animation. There are some bad reviews on this site about Coco, but any negative reviews are wrong! I respect the idea that everyone’s opinions should be respected, but I can’t come up with even one reason why someone wouldn’t like Coco. Parents should know that the mature content includes some drinking, about 3 out of 5, flashbacks to a murder (by poisoning), and the fact that the family in the movie is not supportive of their son’s dream might be upsetting to sensitive viewers or movie viewers under 7+. So if your kid is sensitive you might want to wait until a) they are older b)Coco comes out on DVD, c)the kid is more mature. But if your kid is interested in this film, I recommend that you let them see it if you think they can handle it. This movie is great for all ages, kids and adults. Some of the elements of fantasy, educational value, characters, plot elements, and animation may not appeal to adults at beginning, but once you learn more about Coco the appeal is so strong you’ll probably want to watch it over and over again. I am impressed by the voice actors and the animators who worked on this movie. The world would benefit from seeing movies like this more often. If anything, Coco is definitely a diverse film. Movies that highlight the Mexican culture in a kid-appropriate PG film that has some scares and suspense like Coco does, I definitely call diverse in a very good way. Coco is a stand-alone movie, and there really is no other movie like it. I enjoyed this film very much and I hope to see it over and over again. Now, for parents who are concerned: I agree that some content is mature, and may be more than your kids are used too, but you should know that the good content overwhelms the bad. This may seem a bit weird, but some of the inappropriate stuff in this film will be hard to understand for younger kids and they may not even realize it is inappropriate for them. Coco provokes many discussions and is something everyone should see.