Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySensical Shmensical December 22, 2018

Touching movie

Pixar’s best film.

Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2018

amazing and kid friendly

I think that coco is a good film for children and adults alike, it has some mild teasing but other than that there is no language. There is a bit of violence but not anything little kids can't handle.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySZ123 June 25, 2018

Great for all!

My nieces and I watched this movie and loved it! We ended up singing ‘Remember Me’ all day the next day. I, of course, got teary-eyed multiple times but the kids found it to be hilarious and understood the message about family and the afterlife.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytimdrakebestrobin June 24, 2018
Coco is directed by Lee Unkrich, and stars Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Gael Garcia-Bernal, Renee Victor, Alanna Ubach, and Ana Ofelia Murguia
Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2018

Sad, funny, and very musical.

Coco is a great family movie. If you would like to watch a movie with your child or friend, I recommend this. The story is very sad, and I almost cried. It is very educational because it shows you that you should follow your dreams! There are many parts that are hilariously funny, and you will find yourself in the most colorful world that warms your heart. Disney has really outdone themselves this time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrazor1751 May 13, 2018

Loved it!!

I loved the movie. It was so good that I saw it 3 times! Well, you should bring kids 7 and up because do you want to get hit by a bell?

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmy Rahi April 28, 2018

Perfect and Amazing Family Film

Don't miss this epic adventure with lovable characters. The little complex story might confuse children, but be sure that you will adore the colorful animation, touching messages and the blend of adventure, action, mystery and emotion!

Teen, 13 years old Written byS. Srivastava February 24, 2019

One of the Best Pixar Movies I've Seen

The first time I saw this movie, I loved it. It's easy to see the amount of work that went into recreating the Land of the Dead (and also the rest of the Land of the Living in Santa Cecilia), and so hats off, Pixar, for your great efforts. Each and every house, skeleton - OBJECT - in the Land of the Dead is bright, colorful, and meticulous. Character walk cycles, clothing, the bridge of flowers, the spirit guides, the skeleton bones, the crowds of the dead, the checkpoint near the bridge, the fight scenes - they're all so precise. Okay, now let's talk emotional aspects/plot line. I loved the plot. The only reason I say to take your children if they're four and up is because it's a complicated plot for little kids. It was a bit hard to keep track of who was who in the beginning (and I was 12 when I first saw it). On the emotional aspect, Coco surpasses a lot of movies I know. I cried when I saw Coco, specifically the scene where Miguel and Hector are trapped in the ditch. I watched "Un Poco Loco" with a smile, I was yelling in my head at Mama Imelda because she was so ignorant, and I was weeping on the inside during the end. Today is the one-year anniversary of my grandma's death, and I started humming "Remember Me" in the morning, and I started crying. I still am! For those of you saying the movie is dark, I don't really understand. I will agree that Pixar showing a murder scene is different from their usual style, but that doesn't make it bad. Death is a part of life kids will come to know about eventually. Also, being crushed by a giant bell might seem weird and dark for a Pixar movie at first, but if you think about it, multiple cartoons show anvils falling on people's heads, characters getting diced, and characters getting flattened by cars and steamrollers (Tom and Jerry and SpongeBob SquarePants come to mind as examples). The other fight scenes in the movie are barely scary. No one gets hurt in the other fighting scenes. I learned a lot of lessons I wasn't expecting during the movie. Some of them are below: 1. Never forget your family or your roots. Always remember where and who you came from. Your family wants the best for you, even if you don't see eye-to-eye. 2. Follow your dreams. It's the best for you, and that's what counts. You will be the happiest you can be. 3. "Seizing the moment" doesn't mean throwing basic kindness out the window. Success can come with compassion. There's no need to be ruthless. 4. Forgiveness is a virtue, not a weakness. Give others a second chance, and don't hold grudges. 5. Immortality also means creating memories that last forever, not just living forever. The reputation you create for yourself can be the difference between immortality and being a nobody. Lastly, I created an account on Common Sense Media just for this movie, so that should tell you a lot.

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2019

Music Centered Fish Out of Water Animation

Day of the dead story shows the importance of family in your average Pixar fiasco, mixing heartwarming moments for the parents with colorful slapstick for kiddos. Well done, however no Cars or Up or WALL-E.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycor-N December 20, 2018

FAVORITE MOVIE!!!

"Coco" is by far my favorite Disney/Pixar movie, if not my favorite movie of all. The animation is beautiful. The cultural elements add so much to the story and are educational in their own way. Please please please watch this movie. It will make you cry in the best way, and it will change your life.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShark Lover 12 December 14, 2018

Amazing, Stunning, A WORK OF ART!!!

This is an amazing movie. I think it is the best Pixar Movie yet! I cried the first couple of times that I watched it. When it came out, I was the same age as Miguel, and I could relate to him in many ways. The animation is incredible. I LOVED IT. WATCH IT WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. IT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust November 7, 2018
Teen, 17 years old Written byjakesmithreviews October 28, 2018

Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2018
I really enjoyed this film and would highly recommend it because of the interesting story and characters
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 3, 2018

Coco

This is an amazing movie about family and culture that I just had to give it a 4 star. I LOVE this movie and I think that this movie should be watched by every family!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 September 16, 2018

Bring tissues

This is a must see. It is beautifully animated, a lot of funny moments, and you will cry. Don't try and hide it. You will cry. It's a fact.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySupercowgirl August 23, 2018

Well Done

Disney Pixar has once again impressed me. With animation that you could touch, music by the same people who did the music from Frozen, and an unexpected storyline, Coco will make you hum "Remember Me" for a long time. The dealings with life and death are a little universal, however. ~Supercowgirl

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2018

some of Pixar's best work!

This movie has great messages i recommend it to anybody who likes pixar movies!

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2018

A great movie

Good for all ages, at first I thought it was for younger kids but after I watched it I thought it was great even my parents liked it! I thought it had amazing animation and beautiful colors.