Kid reviews for Coco

Stunningly animated, poignant tribute to family and culture.

Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2017

Best movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!

So good but it is for 8 and over because you have to understand plot twists and murder. So good for older kids I am 9 and I loved it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKingRobert December 25, 2017

Stunning

Beautifully done

Teen, 15 years old Written byPercy December 23, 2017
As someone who's Mexican, I absolutely loved this! It's my new favorite movie. The songs are catchy, and the fact that they got Latino voice actors is awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written byWellDontMindMe December 8, 2017

Kind-Hearted, Positive Message, Beautifully Written

This movie has to be one of my favorites. You never get bored, and through many climatic moments there’s still a good message. It’s so beautifully written and I cried about 2 times seeing it in theatres! The animation style is also stunning. The only thing I would have to say is maybe not suitable for ages under 7 because it may get confusing for them at times or it may be too emotional. Overall, a fantastic movie with a great message and lighthearted humour.

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2017

Coco Is Quite Violent and Scary But Is Fantastic.

This film is absolutely amazing, and fits the culture well, however, I wouldn't necessarily say this is a kids film. It deals with heavy subject matter, not only is this about the day of the dead, there's a murder subplot where (this isn't explicitly mentioned, but it's heavily implied as a "substance") a character drugs up another person through some liquor, and kills him. Speaking of Liquor and Drugs, there are plenty you see having a drink while doing something else. (This isn't really touched on too much, though.) Getting back to violence, there are quite a few deaths, and the subject matter of people forgetting their loved ones may be scary. To top this off, they combine those 2 negative elements and make a belief where if no one remembers you, you disappear from the land of the dead, to "an unknown place". In terms of sex, also, several skeletons are seen wearing rather suggestive outfits that seem sexy towards some. Suggested MPAA Rating: PG for Thematic Elements Involving Violence, Some Drinking and Brief Mild Suggestive Content

Teen, 15 years old Written by2A13 December 2, 2017

Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2017

Great interpretation of Day of the Dead

Usually, the most iconic thing about Day of the Dead for people who don't celebrate it is the skulls. Pixar seems to have taken it to the next level with Coco. I love how they made a really cool story to go with tradition that is so entertaining!!! As a hispanic myself, I think this is a funny movie that moved me to tears. I also love the fact that the grandma actually used the 'chancla' its a common mexican punishment and I like how the producer took it into account. I don't find it offensive at all and my entire family loved it. A must watch!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNadiacloud November 26, 2017

Really great and dark film

I really enjoyed Coco. Loved the concept and all the beautiful imagery. I can tell that Pixar put so much work into this masterpiece. My biggest complaint is how dark it is. I thought it was very brutal when Ernesto De la Cruz got killed by a bell. However, Bravo Pixar!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeckledhyena November 25, 2017

Brilliant

I saw this movie earlier today. I've heard multiple good things about this movie - and those good things were right! It was funny, sad, and beautiful. The characters are also good rolemodels and show good examples of perseverance, gratitude, family, and teamwork. There's also some information on "Day Of The Dead" and other Mexican cultures. While there are some intimidating moments, like skeletons falling apart multiple times, the large winged panther, or the mention of murder, such moments are short and fairly mild. There's also a few adults drinking alcohol of some sort, but they're doing so responsibly and it's not explicitly stated as alcohol. The plot of the movie overall was amazing. It definitely deserved its good reviews and ratings. If you enjoyed the movie "The Book Of Life", I'm certain you'll love "Coco". It has a lot of similarities to that movie too!