All member reviews for Commando

Brainless, explosion-happy action ('80s style).

Teen, 16 years old Written byBigA2 April 13, 2011

The Ultimate Guilty Pleasure of Cinema

Your daughter has been kidnapped by a team of evil mercenaries, what do you do? Well, if you Arnold Schwarzenegger, the only logical thing to do would be to run around and firing your gun around randomly. Oh yeah, and you also have to shove a steam pipe into one your enemies (btw, the steam is still flowing though it after Arnie rips it off the wall). This film raises a lot of questions; one is “Why is it so important to say a cheesy line before you kill someone”, and this film would have to be the king of cheesy line, right from the mouth of the king of cheesy lines himself. Featuring such classics as “I eat green berets for breakfast”, “Let off some steam” and “Remember when I said I’d kill you last? I lied”. It also may be the first instance of “I’ll be back”. Other question raised are “How can this guy have 20 people shooting at him simultaneous and not get so much as a scratch on him?”, or “How can he shoot for 10 minutes straight without needing to reload?”, or “How can Arnold leap of a freaking airplane with only the clothes on his back and land safely?” Commando is almost like every action movie trope you know, love, and hate, all rolled into one 90 minute assault (oh, and the fact that it was made in the 80s also helps), and it’s hilarious as hell. I’d be surprised if video stores attendants can still keep this under the “Action” section while keeping a straight face (I mean, the cover of the DVD is funny enough). On the surface, Commando is just another dumb action movie, but its goes deeper than that, because Commando is the dumb action movie to end all dumb action movies. If you like so-bad-it’s-good cinema, this is a must see. PS. A note on the Australian classification of this title; while the film is rated R (the Australian equivalent of NC-17), I really don’t see what makes this something that should be restricted to adults only. Sure, there’s a very, very brief shot of a sex scene (blink and you’ll miss it), but I’ve seen more explicit stiff from M rated films (Australian equivalent of PG-13). If you ask me, Commando shouldn’t be rated anything higher than an MA15+. There’s swearing, but not as much as, say, Pulp Fiction, and the violence is extremely cartoony.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2010

Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2011

Not such a great movie

I mean, when I first heard about this movie, I definitely wanted to see this, i picture a'hnold, action, and cool quotes. and that's exactly what i got, now why is that a bad thing, BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THAT I GOT!!! This movie contained barely any story, character development, creative choreography. One thing that's really upsetting is the climax, all that happens is a'hnold shooting henchman, not that interesting considering he's owning all of them, that woman that was with him in the first part would be more interesting, because at least she has her limits. well there is a brief shot of a sex scene, and a lot of swearing.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2015

Action Packed and entertaining!

One of my most favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies! The story was entertaining but could have been a little more creative.The main story was about John (an ex-marine played by Arnold Shwarzenegger) who's daughter (Jenny) gets kidnapped by terrorists , and he has to rescue her. For the time it was filmed, the special effects were impressive. BEWARE there are some curse words in the script of the film. Also, it was violent, but not over the top. The most violent part was when John cut off a guys arm. Then again, that was only shown for a split second. Most of the violence consisted of shooting and massive explosions. The entire message to it was pretty good. I think the message was that an amazing father will risk everything for his daughter, even his life! After all, in order to save his daughter he does crazy things! Those inlcuding jumping out of a plane, stealing a car , wiping out an entire platoon and robbing a gunshop! ( FYI awesome stunts!). If you are 13 or older I encourage you to watch it!
Adult Written byNathan009 November 8, 2014

Arnies done it again

Commando is a full action packed one man team film with Arnold swarzenegger. Commando Is one of armies best films along with predator.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaleb K October 18, 2014

KNOW YOUR KID

heroic Dad saves daughter cartoonish violence (arnold some never reloades and only gets shot ONCE. breasts flashed for about a millisecond pretty tame.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilm geek March 2, 2014

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

I love Commando. It is relatively violent and there is a scene with a woman completely topless for about 3 seconds but I think it has a really sweet story line about a father trying to save his daughters life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 August 24, 2013

My thoughts

If there is any movie guys should see its this one it has a ton of action guns explosions god forbid this was a drinking game based on how many people get shot because someone's stomach would be getting pumped
Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewExpert January 6, 2013

Nice movie

Commando is a nice movie. It has some very violent and gory scenes. There is a scene where one guy has his arm chopped off. F*** and Mother****** are used multiple times throughout the film. Schwarzzneger is a positive role model because he shows he can do anything to get his daughter back. Brief glimpse of breasts for less than a second.
Adult Written byTheUltamite July 6, 2012

Stupidity at its finest

It's the perfect movie to see if you want over the top action, It's got Arnold Schwarzenegger, it's got explosions, and about anything else needed. Be wary that there is a scene where Arnold and another person fight and eventually end up in the middle of a p*rno shoot. Also be wary that there is a LOT of inappropriate language throughout. There is no real nudity, but one must be wary if he or she will let his/her kids to watch this.
Adult Written byDieForDethklok May 16, 2012

Go and see this movie.

Ridiculous and over the top. All the cliches packed into one awesome movie starring the Brawny man Himself.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynou!!! November 20, 2011

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

This movie is AMAZING! It is hilarious! Bad acting. Laughable. Bennett! However, this movie is inappropriate. There is a scene of nudity, strong language, 3 motherf***ers, 6 uses of the f-word (Not including mothers) many uses of sh*t. Also very gory deaths in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywiipony10 November 20, 2011

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is not that mutch blood only really the arm gets sliced off but EPIK MOVIE
Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2011

commando

this is a well good action film not much of a story but loads of action packed shooting guns it is awsssssoooome