All member reviews for Constantine

Visuals and attitude -- not for kids.

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2011

Whateverdubs.

Its just violent, honestly. There was someone language... The violence included, a girl jumping off a building in a suicide attempt (sucessful), a man getting hit by a car, (explicit), and so on. It was a tad disturbing. A girl gets posessed by a freaking creepy zombie and she starts acting in a very disturbing, exorsist, fashion. A little nudity including a picture.
Adult Written byJtspeakman April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008

Visually awesome, but not much in the way of plot here.

I'm suprised this movie is rated R. The biggest issue here is violence, and I have seen other movies that were PG-13, and way more violent. However, my mom and a few of my friends were grossed out and had to look away in a few parts. The language is limited to one f-word (said by an angel, no less), some s-words, and a few milder curses. There is virtually no sexual content except for some joking between John and Angela when she has to get into a bathtub (she keeps her clothes on). Many people (including me) may be disturbed by an exorcism and demonic themes, and suicides of some characters.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod June 14, 2010

Fck You Constantine!!!!

Good action flick. Not the worst horror flick. But messages? Oh, God! I didn't rate this "iffy" because some people can handle the bad stuff in it, but bc Christians(unless they are hardcore action and/or horror fans) will wish this was never unearthed from it's origins comic factory!! Pardon my French but that's total bullsht that god would make a bet for all the souls of people on earth! He already sacrificed his son to forgive us of our sins! Now, he's making a WAGER?!?!?!?! BULLSHT!BULLSHT!BULLSHT!BULLSHT!...............Although,I did not HATE this movie. It was entertaining, plot was good (aside the whole BULLSHT! thing), had good acting from the three main characters, [All-in-All]: it was filled with action, holy morals, positive messages, truth, blasphemy, drinking, demonic images, untrue messages, and some demonic morals. The violence is usually bloodless, being that they fight demons, angels, zombie...half-breed...THINGS, and more. But there is still a plentiful amount of blood to be had. The character drinks and smokes, but it's looked at as negative. [SPOILERS WILL BE CAP. ed]: AND BY THE END OF THE MOVIE, QUITS. The language is extreme at times, and the movies facts, morals and messages are more twisted than a noose, which is exactly what you're putting your head through if you watch this...BUT...Smoking is looked at as bad, protagonists are loyal to each other. LEBOUF'S CHARACTER SACRIFICES HIMSELF FOR THE OTHERS, John then seeks revenge for his fallen comrade(revenge is bad, but it shows that he truly DID care for him/her). In the end, JOHN OFFERS TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF FOR THE ONE HE LOVES. God is shown to be the almighty and most powerful over all. One learns you cannot "buy" or "bribe" your way into Heaven. John risks his life for Weisz's character in Hell. The main characters eventually come to the conclusion that God is more than, as John implies early on, just a “kid with an ant farm.” Instead, He seems to have a plan for the world and the people in it. Faith in God is shown to be positive, though sometimes difficult. And Satan is presented as a real, malevolent force in opposition to God and man. (Angela tells John she doesn't believe in the devil, prompting him to say, "You should. He believes in you."), and some more that I don't precisely recall right now. So I still have one question left. Who were these guys rooting for? The story is so twisted, I'm not sure! So, in the end, God is still victorious and almighty, even though he was careless enough to make a bet for everybody's souls. Just the idea is ridiculous and stupid! But, in the end, everybody learns, and the audience receives, the right message. But that doesn't mean I'm goin' home saying, "Aw what a great movie!" I ALREADY knew the truth and suffered so much movie abuse to get something I already HAD! Salvation. So, if you're an Atheist (don't believe in God) and like action, go see it. It might put things in...better perspective. And after you BELIEVE, go read this book by....uh....crap. Well, it's a true story about a guy who tried to prove God didn't exist that he eventually believed. Make sure you're about 13 or older, though. It's got some adult situations and things.
Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

Wow, they carded me... O.o;

Wow, they carded me before seeing this movie. They carded me! >D Erm, anyway, what to say? Lots of violence. Lots of Biblical truth. Lots of demonology. It helps to understand the "mythology" before going into the theater. I'm not sure why they rated it "R." I think the majority of people going into the theater were hoping for a horror flick, and it's not. It's really heavy. Especially when the Lance of Longinus (AKA "Spear of Destiny") is involved. Is it common knowledge that Hitler was rumored to have it? Not sure, but they mentioned it as if everyone knew about it. They didn't even explain the Lance. And why Gabriel was a manly woman? Angels have no gender, people. The thing is, if you wanna see this movie, study either the Bible or a book on angels and demons or something. This movie is not for those clueless on the nature of religion.
Adult Written bynycstew April 9, 2008

Superior Comic Book Adaptation

Well, I've never read the bible, never been to church & don't believe in your god or anyone else's, but still managed to follow the movie. It's based on a comic book after all, albeit a superior, intelligent one. It is dark & disturbing but shouldn't be seen as anything other than the entertainment it sets out to be. Keanu is Keanu & still couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. This is miscasting of the first degree & he's just too nice to play Constantine (who should be British by the way... & blonde). Ms Weisz is excellent as usual. The film is a sylish noir with a violent storyline & themes... suicide, demons etc. I'd rather my kid not see it yet but I'd rather him see this than The Waltons. It's not a Shiny Haapy movie so don't take the kiddies unless you want sleepless nights but if you want a dumb night out with friends you can do a lot worse!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLovinLaBeouf13 April 9, 2008

Interesting

This movie was great! I liked it! Shia LaBeouf was in it!!!! It was really good, I was at the egde of my seat!
Teen, 14 years old Written byi just like movies September 13, 2013

Good movie, not scary

Saw this when i was 10. I have no idea why its rated R. theres not a language problem (besides the middle finger, occasional a**, da**, b*tch) I didnt find it very scary (theres demon n stuff) some might get a bit frightened tho. If anything hes a smoker but they dont go entirely into depth in that. Good movie overall, very original script
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 July 26, 2013

Great movie about Heaven and Hell

I am not a big fan of Demon movies, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed this one even when I was younger. This movie was very enjoyable with some action violence to make this even better. There is violence but no real gore. There is some mild language and there is a lot of smoking but that is everywhere. I feel the reason this movie was R was because of the Scary Images and Demonic violence. This is a mild R rated movie and I feel a 10 year old can handle this
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

Good move 8 and up

Theres nothing wrong with this movie if your kidsare scared of demons dont let them watch this sorry if i didnt spell scared right he dosnt really even kill anything and he flips off a demon so what
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

Constantine

Great film. Keanu Reeves was perfect for this movie and played his part nicely.
Adult Written byBritMom April 9, 2008

Adult Written byThatDanGuy April 9, 2008

Nauseating

Everything about this movie is terrible. I don't know what I was thinking or expecting from Keaneu Reeves. The guy can't hold his on as a supporting actor, much less as the leading man. Don't waste your money and don't let your kids watch it. You can find something better to spend you money on, like treating the family to snail races. And you shouldn't expose your kids to such filth as Mr. Reeves attempts to act.
Adult Written byjohnyaya137 April 9, 2008

intense pseudo-intellectual wierdness

This movie earns its R, with a lot of supernatural creepiness and violence. The main character is not somebody you want your kids to watch and learn from. The amount of occult teachings and paraphenalia depicted will also bother many viewers. More disturbing to me the internally contradictory theological nonsense: the screenwriters just had no idea what they were talking about, and could not keep their story straight. But the performance by Keanu Reeves and some amazingly convincing special effects saved the movie by keeping the fun meter on high readings for adults who knew what it was talking about (even in its incoherent moments).
Educator and Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written bysagira April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byme23 April 9, 2008

It has that creepy exorcist theme.

violance-some, just spoonky, not rough. oh and the main charecter is ding from cancer, he also drinks and curses, a lot. If your child can handle scary stuff, and has been exxposed to bad language, there is nothing to fear!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydemon destroyer April 9, 2008

if this is violent then rate van helsing the same

if you have never seen the movie van helsing the don't read my review. this movie shouldn't have been reeated r on here or by the raters the worst violence there is is that a priest uses a corkscrew to send constantine a type of message in his own blood because he is going to die. van helsing is way moire violent than this movie. if this is r then v for vendetta should have been rated x! probably the creepiest part in the whole mobie is when a fly appears out of a guys eyelide and there are flies coming out of his mouth because of a demon. if you see this movie don't expect there to be a whole lot of accuracy about the christian religion. for people who have seen it though if someone you care about or someone somebody else cares about does go to hell then don't offer your soul to the devil you can't trust him. you can try and tell God if you ever meet thim in heaven