All member reviews for Cool Runnings

Delightful, tween-friendly story of Jamaican bobsledders.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Loved it

This is a great movie!!! I loved it! they do swear in this movie though!
Parent of a 8, 8, and 10 year old Written byNondug February 20, 2011

My kids loved it.

Funny story of the Jamaican bobsledders. The characters have to work hard and overcome struggle. Interesting look at a different culture (OK, a cartoonish representation of another culture). Curse words are used very infrequently.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKatnissArrow5 March 20, 2014

REALLY cute movie

I love this movie!!
Kid, 9 years old July 12, 2013

So Funny!!!

I love this movie! It's very positive in all ways. Great for family movie nights! The only issue is swearing. They do it a lot! Besides that it is a fantastic true story, that has the messages about truly being yourself.
Kid, 8 years old August 13, 2012

awsome

it is pretty funny great movie I loved it about bobsledding
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2010

this movie is a great movie though the word ass is repeated several times along with crap. There is a fist fight and some mean bobsledding temas just taunting each other. There is a crash in the bobsled but nothing to serios it is hilarious and good for kidsages7 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written bypaul-cool4@hotm... July 12, 2009

Great for any age

Great Funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byjames brown April 9, 2008

Great

Probubly the only clean comady out there any more not that much languge
Kid, 10 years old March 1, 2014

LEARNING
Really cool funny movie, with great messages and role models. 6+
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

Great Film

Swears quite a bit and there is one seen with a bar fight.
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Amazing!!

Amazing, definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. Great role models and messages~ teaching you to never give up and give it your best shot. These guys had no experience in bobsledding but they made is far. It was so funny. I recommend this so much. Swearing was really minor, shouldn't be too noticeable.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 5, 2012

cool runnings

Families can talk about why the filmmakers made things up for the movie, rather than sticking with the true story. Why do you think that happens? Is bobsledding as engaging a sport as football, baseball, or basketball? Why or why not? What is the movie saying about sportsmanship and the spirit of the Olympic Games?
Adult Written byjoseboy6799 August 16, 2012

cool runnings

cool film, got a positve messege to it, but is it a true story? cant tell!! still good. will attract kids. fighting in the bar but apart from that good!!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2010

GREAT under-rated family movie!

This is a realllllly relalllllllly good movie for kids 7 and up, they will definitely enjoy it and its also very inspirational and has good rolemodels because its all about these jamaican people who try to win gold at the winter olympics and its a true story. it will probably appeal more to younger kids, although i LOVED it and I know LOTS of adults who really enjoyed it as well. If its fun, safe and inspirational family viewing your after, you cannot go past Cool Runnings! There are a few mild insults and some archive footage of bobsled crashes but nothing graphic. The film talks about loyalty, honesty and persistence and bravery, which is good for kids! :)
Parent Written bycarmenm2 April 18, 2015

good for kids
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 November 9, 2014

Predictably uplifting story with attention-grabbing topic

The words "Jamaican bobsledding" are like "square tire"...they simply don't go together! Not to brag, but all you have to do is look at the DVD cover of this movie to see what it's going to be: John Candy in a refreshingly more dramatic role (Doug E. Doug is more the comic relief here) is the bitter, reluctant coach to take on a ragtag team of Jamaicans and make them Olympic champions. There's going to be them getting together, practicing, the conflict that ultimately unites them: this movie has no surprises except the ending, which only surprised me because I was unfamiliar of the true story. It's typical, comfort food Disney fluff, that has surprisingly a lot more profanities in it than I would expect in a PG film! I think the story is fine, but some references they make in "Cool Runnings" make this more of a tween-friendly movie.