Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Cop and a Half: New Recruit

Kid helps cop in tame but awful family comedy.

Adult Written byNiweera February 20, 2018

The rookies are getting younger and younger all the time...

Good family drama shows a cop and a young girl, who catches a notorious culprit in a funny manner. Gives a good message that if you work together regardless of other differences, you could actually win...
Parent Written byJennifer G. November 6, 2017

Great family movie!

My kids (8, 11) really like this movie because it is “funny, unpredictable, suspenseful and interesting.” I like it because the lead (girl) is smart, funny and bold while not being precocious. Adults listen to kids but aren’t shown as being foolish. Relationship between lead and adult detective is cute and nice.

Parent of a 2, 5, 7, 8, and 10 year old Written byA.S.7 November 1, 2017

Loved by all my kids!

I have no idea why common sense media gave this movie such a bad rating. Other than my toddler my 4 older kids loved this movie, they are 10, 8, 7, and 5. I was shocked. It is so hard to find a show that all of then enjoy. It's a great movie for the entire family, not too corny for parents to watch and keeps the kids engaged. The main character Karina is a great role model for kids, staying true to yourself. My family really enjoyed it! I am actually disappointed in this website for their 1 star rating. I've used this site as a guideline for a lot of things and am really second guessing my faith in their rating system after watching this movie.

Adult Written byAprilK 1 September 11, 2017

Cute Movie!

My 8 and 10 year old loved this movie. It is a cute over all clean and funny detective movie. It can be over the top corny in some spots, but even as an adult I had some good laughs. This is yet another review I think CSM has gotten wrong lately. This is definitely not a one star movie for families with kids looking to find a fun movie.