All member reviews for Courageous

Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 November 2, 2011

love movie

This movie is the best. I hope it will teach people to love there families and GOD.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy November 1, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

This is one is on my TOP 10 FAVORATE MOVIE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this movie alot.... I went to see it with my brother and a few friends.... But when I left the theater I wish my dad was there to see it with us! He did pick us up... and I really hope we see it with him soon!!! I have never seen a movie like this. I liked that it had some things in the movie that was on edge for us teenagers, cause even though most Christian movie I've seen are really good, this isn't for anyone under 10... and it give teens some freedom to see a good movie that isn't for younger children, but without any kind of profanity or imorality. It was very good, and when (SPOIL ALERT!) Adam's son said that he wished he had been a better brother to his late sister, it made me think about my siblings... and that if they were gone tomorrow, what if i didn't say I was sorry for something or made them feel bad about something.... SO this is a MUST SEEEE!!! OK? :)
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2012

BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!! I saw it a few months ago and still remember every single part! I has some police chases and fist fights so it may be too much for a 7 year old to handle. The only reason why i clicked the (drinking, drugs and/or smoking with the martini glass button) was because it does involve drugs. One police officer gets caught only giving half of the evidence (drugs) the other half that he did not give he eats or ingects or how ever it is that you do drugs. but other than that i love this movie!!!! For sure the BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!! Wonderful family movie!!!!!!! Have a blessed day!
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2012

The kendrick brothers outdid themselves again!!!!!

By far probably my favorite movie!! It made me cry it made me laugh it really made me think. It is a christian movie must see. But for an uncritical warning there is a lot of violence especially guns considering the careers of some of the main rolls our police officers.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Good

it is a really good christian movie has good positive messages
Teen, 13 years old Written bySapphire12 November 12, 2014

Very good movie.

I thought it was a very good movie. There are a few words like s**t and d***m. The message is a very positive message, and uplifting. I think it would be a movie for a family movie night.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan J. September 2, 2013

Courageous

Very great Christian movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

AMAZING MOVIE!

This is an amazing movie! My eight year old sister watched it and it is perfectly clean except a few mentions of father have six kids with three women and a major character had a child with a cheerleader. It is sad in one part when a girl is killed in an accident. Very touching. Made me cry. But very funny and a great family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerismything34 January 4, 2013

Great Christian Movie

Many of my friends, and I have watched this movie. When I saw it was PG-13 I thought it was going to be full of blood, and stuff. But after my friends watched it, they said it was great! I think the reason it is PG-13 is because the story line is a little hard for kids to understand. I'm eleven, and it depends on how mature you are to watch the movie. They are policemen, so there is some drugs involved with the gangs. Not really any serious violence though, no blood. It's a great Christian movie! I suggest you watch it with parents permission, in case they don't want you to see a PG-13 movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2012

One of the best movies ever!!!

When I went to see this movie for the first time in the theaters, I was really excited! After I saw the movie, I thought it was the best movie I've seen in a really long time! It has a great message and can make a tough man cry. There's no swearing and there's not much violence and if your kid is under 13 and loves action, let them see this.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loved it. on my top 10 list of movies i like. i want to see it again!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

Awesome!

I think that this was one of the best movies i have ever seen. There is a little violence but not enough to keep your kids from seeing it, I loved it and I hope you feel the same!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Just OK.

Good for families with older kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2012

Courageous

I thought The Movie was really good the only violence was the shooting and the fist fights and a teen being beat up to join a gang. there was even humor and a tragedy
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2012

Just Some Information.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybigturtles13 April 13, 2012

my rating of courageous

its an awesome movie. i think that everyone should see it.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2012

Great Movie!!

This movie is excellent! My whole family went to see this movie when it first came out!!! If you have seen and liked this movie, then be sure to chekc out "Facing the Giants", "Fireproof", and "Flywheel". This movie is really good for kids who are more mature and can handle it. My 6 year old borther loves this movie, and it inspired a great discussion. Just to let wary parents know- When the guy accidentaly says" I love you" twice to his police cheif over the phone, the first time, he said right after he took a call from his wife and said the same thing to her. The second time, his wife is leaving to go to the grocery store, and, thinking that the police chief won't hear him, he calls over the reciever" Love You". The police chief later confronts him, and then turns it into a joke after finding out from a colleage what really happend. There are absolutely no homosexuall tones to this movie AT ALL!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 March 10, 2012

Good movie, but gets emotional and a bit violent

My dad borrowed the DVD of this movie from some friends from church and we just watched it tonight. It was very good, and gets really emotional on several occasions. It has some violence at parts, but nothing too graphic is shown. OK for kids 12+. Violence: The beginning shows a man risking his life to stop a carjacker to save his infant son, but nobody is hurt. A young girl is revealed to have died in a car accident. Two police officers get into a heated arguement, but nothing other than some yelling. A man is beaten by a gang during an "initiation" The scene at the end where the police get into a shootout (during which the criminals try to take a young girl hostage) could be potentially scary to younger kids. But only a little blood is shown. Sex: Couples are shown hugging and kissing, but nothing farther than that. A teenage girl is shown hanging out with a boy, but isn't quite "dating" him. One police officer mentions how he had had sex during college and had abandoned the girl when she got pregnant. But nothing graphic is shown or mentioned. Drinking: An officer is caught stealing drugs from an evidence locker, but isn't shown using it. Criminals also talk about owning drugs (and probably having intentions to use them)
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2012

tommy's family friendly review

THE BEST MOVIE I EVER WATCHED FOR MATURE KIDS WHO UNDERSTAND ISSUES ABOUT DRUGS AND CAN HANDLE VIOLENCE GREAT FATHER/SON MOVIE
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2012

Complete and honest review of Courageous

Ok I don't have much time, and you probably don't either so let's get this over with- Sex- Hugging, a girl is asked out by a boy, one man admits that he had sex with a woman, but has never met the child (He meets her at the end, and corrects the mistake), brief kissing between husband, and wife, and finally a guy acidentally says "Bye, love you" to his male police chief when hanging up, and does it twice. Drugs- No drugs are really shown, but the criminals are being arrested, and tracked down because of drg shipment, and extortion. Language- No bad language... Violence- Parents, open your eyes and look around, you can't hide violence from your kids forever, the sooner they understand what violence should be and should not be used for, and understand the consequences of irresponsibly using violence, the better. I know what your thinking, "Yah whatever, just what about the violence in THIS movie?" Ok well to answer your question, there is punching, fistfights, a boy is repeadtedly beaten to be let into a gang, there is mild shooting, and a little girl dies off screen, I think thats about it...............Remember know your child, and figure out the best time to have "The Talk" with them including sex, the world, puberty, growth, violence, drugs, and any other apllicable challenges they will deal with in the future. Signed, The Texas Dog