Despite violence, Christian fatherhood drama is uplifting.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy November 1, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

This is one is on my TOP 10 FAVORATE MOVIE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this movie alot.... I went to see it with my brother and a few friends.... But when I left the theater I wish my dad was there to see it with us! He did pick us up... and I really hope we see it with him soon!!! I have never seen a movie like this. I liked that it had some things in the movie that was on edge for us teenagers, cause even though most Christian movie I've seen are really good, this isn't for anyone under 10... and it give teens some freedom to see a good movie that isn't for younger children, but without any kind of profanity or imorality. It was very good, and when (SPOIL ALERT!) Adam's son said that he wished he had been a better brother to his late sister, it made me think about my siblings... and that if they were gone tomorrow, what if i didn't say I was sorry for something or made them feel bad about something.... SO this is a MUST SEEEE!!! OK? :)
Parent Written byKMM5 April 23, 2014

Know your child

My daughter had a hard time with it. There are several life circumstances that she hadn't thought of and wasn't quite ready for. She also had a hard time with the child who's father was absent. If your child is sensitive maybe hold off on this one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 November 2, 2011

love movie

This movie is the best. I hope it will teach people to love there families and GOD.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2012

BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!! I saw it a few months ago and still remember every single part! I has some police chases and fist fights so it may be too much for a 7 year old to handle. The only reason why i clicked the (drinking, drugs and/or smoking with the martini glass button) was because it does involve drugs. One police officer gets caught only giving half of the evidence (drugs) the other half that he did not give he eats or ingects or how ever it is that you do drugs. but other than that i love this movie!!!! For sure the BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!! Wonderful family movie!!!!!!! Have a blessed day!
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2012

The kendrick brothers outdid themselves again!!!!!

By far probably my favorite movie!! It made me cry it made me laugh it really made me think. It is a christian movie must see. But for an uncritical warning there is a lot of violence especially guns considering the careers of some of the main rolls our police officers.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Good

it is a really good christian movie has good positive messages
Parent Written byMike S November 13, 2011

Inspiring

Courageous is God's message to let society know that Fathers role in life is so important. We fathers need to be loving caring and leaders, a role that has diminished because of our sins, and Christians accepting the view that we cannot change this world!.
Parent Written byericcs November 1, 2011

Two thumbs WAY Up! An excellent movie

Adult Written byJohn J. August 26, 2016

Very good inspirational movie with a very important message

I thought that this was a very good film. I saw it almost 5 years ago when it was into theaters (I was almost 16 then, now I'm almost 21.) This film had a great message that it presented using very realistic circumstances. I really liked what Alex Kendrick's character did in the film, to reach out to his son when it was needed. There is some very funny parts as well as some very emotional ones. Its message was one that needed to be told.
Parent Written byHeathernstephens July 19, 2016

Adult content but great life lessons for anyone old enough to sit and watch

My 7 year old son loved this movie. He is mature for his age. He understood it and it was great to see him responding to such positive messages
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byCheese and Bread May 8, 2016

A MASTERPEICE

its a great movie it can be sad at some points but a very good movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byFightingFires December 28, 2015

Top Choice

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! For the most part very realistic, though the shoot-out near the end isn't quite law enforcement reality. I like the gang activity and the focus on fatherlessness, as those things are prominent in today's America and people need to realize that and start doing something about it. God makes the change from bad to good! A must-see, especially for soon-to-be dads.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan J. September 2, 2013

Courageous

Very great Christian movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

AMAZING MOVIE!

This is an amazing movie! My eight year old sister watched it and it is perfectly clean except a few mentions of father have six kids with three women and a major character had a child with a cheerleader. It is sad in one part when a girl is killed in an accident. Very touching. Made me cry. But very funny and a great family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerismything34 January 4, 2013

Great Christian Movie

Many of my friends, and I have watched this movie. When I saw it was PG-13 I thought it was going to be full of blood, and stuff. But after my friends watched it, they said it was great! I think the reason it is PG-13 is because the story line is a little hard for kids to understand. I'm eleven, and it depends on how mature you are to watch the movie. They are policemen, so there is some drugs involved with the gangs. Not really any serious violence though, no blood. It's a great Christian movie! I suggest you watch it with parents permission, in case they don't want you to see a PG-13 movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2012

One of the best movies ever!!!

When I went to see this movie for the first time in the theaters, I was really excited! After I saw the movie, I thought it was the best movie I've seen in a really long time! It has a great message and can make a tough man cry. There's no swearing and there's not much violence and if your kid is under 13 and loves action, let them see this.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loved it. on my top 10 list of movies i like. i want to see it again!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

Awesome!

I think that this was one of the best movies i have ever seen. There is a little violence but not enough to keep your kids from seeing it, I loved it and I hope you feel the same!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Just OK.

Good for families with older kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2012

Courageous

I thought The Movie was really good the only violence was the shooting and the fist fights and a teen being beat up to join a gang. there was even humor and a tragedy