Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Crank

Stylish, depraved, speedy action. Not for kids.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 5, 2011

Cranky

Great action film but it's violent and not for teens

Parent of a 8 year old Written bypointblank March 7, 2011

BAD MOVIE FOR KIDS

this is a bad movie for kids. Javahostindo Web Hosting Indonesia
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Crank

Awesome action packed movie with intense scenes that make this movie very fun to watch.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 28, 2015

Exploitive B-flick violated my moral code

Do not get me wrong: I knew exactly what I was going into. This is a B-movie all the way. The character of Chev Chelios is a one-dimensional, angry adrenaline junkie who takes whatever he wants, and is willing to hurt anyone along his way for revenger against the gangster who injected with a "Beijing cocktail" that means he MUST keep his heart rate up if he wants to live. It sounds straight out of the plot of a 70s movie that would play at a shady theater. The violence is frequent and bloody, needles jamming into skin, guns blasting, bones breaking. It's ALL about drugs, coke, nasal spray, waffle irons. The language is atrocious, and the sex...well that's where the movie absolutely lost me. In an attempt to keep his heart pumping, Chev *SPOILER* tries to engage his girlfriend, (an incredibly wasted Amy Smart. I haven't even seen her in anything else but what a stupid role in general) in public sex. She CLEARLY doesn't want to at first, and the scene is very uncomfortable in the suggestion of Chev will go so far as to rape his girlfriend to keep himself alive. I can get onboard for stupid, adrenaline-soaked trashy fun, but even though she does end up participating in what I guess is "consensual" between them, you just feel like you need to take a shower afterwards. This with some ultra-cheesy green screen just leaves a disappointing experience.

Adult Written bynothing April 9, 2008

Terrible

In one word, stupid. This film is unintelligent and wholly unfulfilling. This movie desperately fumbles at humor for shock value, the way a freshman reaches for a pantyskirt. Boring action, bland acting, and ridiculous, non-tittilating nudity make this one a ludicrous waste of time.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 21, 2009

Adult Written byMr. Strong April 9, 2008

Good, but adults only!

Good, but for adults only!
Adult Written byerfan1377 October 26, 2018

Not for anyone under 18, NOT AT ALL

Not for anyone under 18, NOT AT ALL

Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 2, 2012

badass

mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor really deliver when it comes to nonstop crazy action
Adult Written by4Spice January 10, 2010

good not for kids 15 and up

yo parents kids shouldn't see this it will mess there minds up light nudity intense killing 15 and over

Adult Written bypyrodermal April 9, 2008

Great film but not for kids

I really like fast and violent films, but I would not let younger people watch this. It is horribly inappropriate in every catergory. This is what I like in a movie (stuff I cannot do for real) but like I said its better for the older kids (17 and up) to enjoy