All member reviews for Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Heartfelt dramedy has strong story and characters.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 August 2, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byzen_movie_critic June 24, 2014

A good film

Maybe a little explicit but at the end of the day if he or she is 13 + its all to do with growing up i guess
Parent of a 11 year old Written byavrilnyc August 3, 2011

Smart movie but with certain inappropriate parts

It was a smart movie with a lot of surprises BUT too much sexuality. I found creepy the whole subplot where a 17 year old girl has a crash on a married 40-something and takes naked pictures of herself to give to th emarried man and then she ends-up giving these naked pictures to a 13 year old boy who had a crush on her...and this behavior is presented as OK!! I don't want my 11-12 year old getting any ideas that such a behavior is OK!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMillyMolly November 1, 2011

quiiiite funny :)

really funny movie, I love Emma Stone!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan February 16, 2012

PG-13 movie with R-Rated Content

I love Steve Carell in The Office, and this came out around when he left the show. I didn't see it in theaters, but when it came out on DVD, I told my parents that commonsense, said it was on for 14, iffy for 12. I belive they are wrong with this article. Off 2-12 Iffy 13-14, on 15+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 7, 2012

Very funny, earnest comedy

Unlike some romantic comedies that just settle for romantic and not so much on the comedy, "Crazy, Stupid, Love." had me laughing really hard. It features a truly magnificent ensemble, with Ryan Gosling giving the strongest performance IMO. The movie feels real, except for the ending, which is so entertaining any of the movie's minor faults will be washed clear from your mind!
Teen, 17 years old Written bykojitheman December 18, 2011

amazing

Great movie. Amazing acting, too. My rating: sexual content, drinking, partial nudity, and brief strong language.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love = Crazy Funny!!!!

I loved this movie (: !! There was one F word, and you see Ryan Gossling almost completly naked four or five times, and theres one or two iffy scenes, but thats about it! It was really funny (:
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakeSweetie7534 August 10, 2011

For Mature Tweens & Up

This movie was a little disappointing, but it was funny at the same time. A teen girl prints nude pictures of herself to give to a man much older than her..... old enough to be her father. Plus, about 80% of the entire movie is about one man trying to help another man find a women to have sex with. A married woman sleeps with another man off screen.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 3, 2011

14 and up.

Crazy, Stupid, Love is an average movie about managing family relationship, managing friendship, and modeling healthy relationships and with that being said this movie is good for your older teens but parents this movie has some sexual content some strong language used and lot's of social drinking the positive message is that relationships are living, breathing things that require tending to thrive. Also, you need to take care of yourself first before you can truly care for others and the role models is that Cal and Jacob form a deep friendship and are loyal to each other.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissAmi February 3, 2013

Light and funny at times.

Well i only decided to watch this movie because Ryan Gosling is in it but it turned out different than i expected and it is a light, positive comedy that i enjoyed watching but it was'nt really so intresting that i would watch it again and again. I was also expecting there to be more nudity and stuff but there was none, so the whole family could watch it. i would recommend others to watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFox101 May 31, 2012

Good Message, Hidden by Questionable Content

My friend recommended this movie to me, so I was expecting garbage (his taste in movies is the really trashy kind), but was really surprised. The first entire half of the movie is about sex, yes, but the rest is meaningful and heartfelt. It's a comedy about fighting for your true love, and it doesn't exactly glorify the choices characters make for about the first hour or so. It has a strong sense of love and acceptance behind the sex, which hogs the greater part of the film. Not all that funny, until near the very end, but still definately worth seeing. It's likely your kids won't want to see this with their parents because of all the sex, so see it before them, and then let them watch it themselves. If your kid is mature enough to look beyond almost all the themes in this movie, it's a really good choice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjb223 March 13, 2012

Mediocre Romcom You can do better

Not horrible but the Graduation Speech Scene was not very well written parts of the movie were really unneccessary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivieluvsu2 February 29, 2012

cute sometimes gross comedy

Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 November 7, 2011

Crazy stupid and fun movie

I think this movie is really good go see it its funny and good at the same time
Teen, 15 years old Written byWilcatbrowneyes September 25, 2011

Teenage Film

This movie is a very fun and charming film. It does show alcohol consumption and sexual scenes. Make sure your child is mature enough to handle the idea of a "player" and why that kind of behavior is wrong.
Parent Written byPrude September 14, 2011

Not good, trust me

I felt like I should wash my brain after this movie. Granted I am a person who doesn't watch R movies and who finds a lot of the PG 13 movies are not for anyone under 18. There was a young boy caught masturbating, a 18 year old likes an older man and to get his attention she makes nude pictures of herself she never gives him. An older man sits at a bar drinking and picking up on women who he takes several home with him. A younger man is shown to be drinking during most of the movie and hits on and takes home many women. The wife has an affair there is an almost sex scene. I could go on. The problem is the director only gives you glimpses and a sense of what is going on so a lot of people feel this is a clean movie cause it shows very little but in reality this movie is so damaging.
Adult Written bywonder dove August 5, 2013

PG-13, Really?

This could pass for an R-rated film if they threw in a couple more f-bombs! Really. I got this film as a gift and already expected the content to be raunchy - which isn't always bad but to target a movie like that towards the younger crowd is wrong. It's very sexual with plenty of inappropriate topics. Was it any good? It definitely kept me watching and yes it was pretty enjoyable overall. However, one of the main characters (Ryan Gosling) was unbearably annoying most of the time - he plays one of those "I'm too cool for you" macho guys who tries to get every woman into bed with him. The whole film basically is a bad influence, but it's mindless fun for the older crowd. Language is bad for a PG-13, you hear f-words, sh*t, d*ck, @sshole...etc the list goes on. Violence is mild but has some bickering between characters, a fight. Sexual content is extremely frequent (Commonsense did not list half of it - so here we go!), part of the opening scene a young seventeen year old girl is babysitting a thirteen year old boy and walks in on him masturbating. Same girl has a strong crush on the thirteen year old boys 40-something father. Thirteen year old boy has a huge crush on the seventeen year old babysitter and tells her he loves her frequently. Seventeen year old takes naked pictures of herself to give to the older man - her parents eventually find out. Girl gets explicit advice from another girl at school on how to attract older men. Guys go to bars frequently to see who they can take home to bed. Guy shows another married guy how to do it. Major make-out pre-sex scene of a married man and another woman (nothing shown). Cheating between married couples, talk of a divorce. Lots of skimpy outfits. Making out in bed. Sex discussions. There is plenty of drinking and bar scenes - girl chugs down alcohol to calm her nerves before sleeping with a guy she just met. This film is not appropriate for kids or teens under 16!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiranda B. April 28, 2012

Crazy, Stupid, Love was not crazy, slightly stupid, and a whole lot of love!

I honestly expected a little more from this movie... With all the hype that surrounded it I think I overestimated what the film would be like. It was still good don't get me wrong! Obviously, since the story is focused on several character's relationships, sexual content may be an issue to you. There is nothing horrible other than the fact that a couple of characters hit on women only to use them for sex. There is also a lot of sex talk, but nothing vulgar. Using Ryan Gosling as a sex object is kind of overrated I think. Although the photoshop remark about him in the movie was hilarious (that is where the one f--- comes in). Normally when I see a movie I really like, I'm hooked from the beginning. Crazy, Stupid, Love didn't do that for me. I did not really get into it until about half way through. The chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone was beautiful. I love her laugh! It makes me laugh so much! I loved the inclusion of quite a few stars (Kevin Bacon, Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, etc.) Although the movie was sweet and teaches good lessons about relationships and soul mates, I do not believe that I would watch this film more than once. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdriana62 September 5, 2011

Little mature, but great movie!

Funny, sweet, perfect movie. Loved it! Take mature teens becaues there is some sexual stuff, but it's not too bad.