Kid reviews for Crooked House

Gorgeous but bland, oddly paced Agatha Christie mystery.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKingRobert December 25, 2017

Suspenseful but bland

I liked most of the parts but it was overly bland.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysingmadi January 13, 2018

Beautiful, uneasy, but satisfying mystery.

I think the review by Common Sense Media is a bit unfair. Yes, it is beautifully filmed and had some very impressive cinematography, but just to give it two stars is not accurate. What I liked most about this movie is that it managed to still make one feel uneasy and at times afraid, without it being gory or overly bloody. Personally, I really liked it. I'm a fan of Agatha Christie stories and this movie stayed true to her style.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheHobbit11 March 9, 2019
I am a huge Agatha Christie fan, so I was very excited to watch this movie. There was very little violence in the first half of the movie, in the very beginning it shows a needle being injected into an arm (not disturbing at all though, no blood), and later on there is a girl who is said to have jumped from a treehouse (off-screen), later on-screen (no blood), and there is a little bit of flirting between two characters (nothing explicit). This wasn’t a big issue, but there was a small amount of drinking. But parents, beware! (SPOILER ALERT), in the last five minutes, a woman drives off a cliff, committing suicide and killing her young niece in a very intense scene. Other than that, the movie was beautifully shot and very suspenseful.